NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    cough* BANDWAGON cough*
    oooh are you talking to me? you think bill walton's commentary is insightful so yr not entitled to an opinion

i'm not a suns fan. i like watching nash play when he's on. i'm not a fan of any nba team really except any formidable opponent of the lakers, plus i've been hatting on kobe and his entitled personality for years so the decision is easy

p.s. officiating is inherantly a joke in the nba playoffs. are you really that surprised?

no, i was referring to mylatency. but...i doubt your analysis is on point considering you champion recent stars like Nash and Nowitzki.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    CAN'T NOBODY BE NEW TO THIS BUT TRUE TO THIS? Geez man, what are you going to say to all the 20 year old bball fans in the next few years who never even heard of MJ, Larry Bird or Magic Johnson? lol. Let the fans live, hommie.

And yo what's wrong with Nash or Nowitzki?

huh? it's not delay of game unless it's "delay of game". lol Now the idiot ref may have wanted to call "technical" for unsportsman-like conduct, but what he called was clearly nonsensical.

Suns are usually halfway down the court in the time it takes Sasha to angrily throw the ball man. You know they can do some mega plays in three seconds flat. I just think the ref was keeping an eye out for schitt like that. It wasn's Sasha's or Smush's night, for sure.

Lakers were inbounding. end of discussion.

Hm, ah you're right. But if you remember in 2 games past he was doing it when the Suns were inbounding. I guess the refs were a little trigger happy tonight.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

no, i was referring to mylatency. but...i doubt your analysis is on point considering you champion recent stars like Nash and Nowitzki.

hahahaha, show me where i championed dirk? and are you really dismissing nash as a mediocre player?

you got me, i only know about the modern NBA world. isiah who? what bulls/pistons rivalry. huh? byrd punched laimbeer and got ejected and cost the celtics? wha? john stockton got away with illegal screens cause of his size? what are you talking about

puhlease.

please teach me NBA wizard

hahahaha, show me where i championed dirk? and are you really dismissing nash as a mediocre player?

you got me, i only know about the modern NBA world. isiah who? what bulls/pistons rivalry. huh? byrd punched laimbeer and got ejected and cost the celtics? wha? john stockton got away with illegal screens cause of his size? what are you talking about

puhlease.

tepid and trivial.

Come on dawg, really?

Game 6 Yuichi, Game 6!!!

puhlease.

tepid and trivial.

good one

you are almost as smug as your hero

dismissing nash as a mediocre player?

YUICHI, THAT IS NAGL X INFINITY!

Serving little dudes all day:

seriously though, you two wouldn't even be able to spew half this ridiculous "NBA knowledge" in the real world, so why do it here?

Ms. Damn, I don't care if you're Wilt Chamberlains's adopted daughter and had court-side tickets to the Philly games...your critique of the game is kinda weak,
    besides the obvious highly subjective outbursts.

dismissing nash as a mediocre player?

YUICHI, THAT IS NAGL X INFINITY!

huh? when did i say that?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Suns?

Lakers?

Hey: everybody shut up for a second. THIS SHIT is clearly the story of the 2006 NBA playoffs.

seriously though, you two wouldn't even be able to spew half this ridiculous "NBA knowledge" in the real world, so why do it here?

Ms. Damn, I don't care if you're Wilt Chamberlains's adopted daughter and had court-side tickets to the Philly games...your critique of the game is kinda weak,

dude get over yourself. as much as i am amused that you are trying to engage me in some sort of d*ck measuring contest on basketball analysis, i didn't realize that your high standards was expected of everyone who posted in this thread. um, someone posted a funny photo of nash and said he was soft, and although i understand and acknowledge dude's non-threatening cornadianess, i felt it was necessary to remind folls of one of kobe's 'tender' moments in recent history because i don't think he is . where did i try to "critique" the game and "champion" nash and nowitzki? huh? i merely said that "i liked watching nash play when he's on" which can be said of any athlete anyone enjoys watching. it's called being entertained. and i said i didn't like kobe based on personality issues. this is part of sports fandom dude, you choose your villains and if you look at the malones, laimbeers, and rodmans, you can understand that reasons for not liking a player is not limited solely to athletic ability. can't i be allowed to hat based on personality? based on how tired i am of seeing kobe whine to the officials everytime he doesn't get a call? you threw the "bandwagon" thing out there which is weak because if the lakers were in a dominating position like the kobe-shaq years, you'd probably attribute the hatting to jealousy.

besides, it's not like i denied kobe's talents and i'm not even dismissing the lakers team. when kobe shares, they are an enjoyable team to watch and have demonstrated their abilities and strengths well in this series. but you did insinuate that i knew nothing of basketball because i basically said "i like to watch nash play." i didn't say he was my favorite player of all time.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

dude get over yourself. as much as i am amused that you are trying to engage me in some sort of d*ck measuring contest on basketball analysis...

Easy. Yuichi will WORK YOU, SON!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Lay low on ms damn man she is just another ball fan like all of us.

I got love for you man but if you are calling anyone subjective

Any case we now have a good series. DRAMA!

DWade yesterday

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Isn't everyone subjective? We're talking about sports, right?

D-Wade was on some Jordan-with-the-flu shit. He couldn't walk but could jump over the very cold, very listless Bulls, who looked terrible. At least it's coming back to Chicago.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    did anybody catch it the other night when bill walton said that the flagrant foul on luke was "totally uncalled for"? that shit had me rolling.

in pure soultrut form, i must say,

"yuichi, you sound ass-hurt."

don't hate me, i couldn't resist. dismiss my basketball knowledge as worthless and inconsistent,i won't be mad.

co-sign on wade killing it. hurt too, i might add.

too bad for chicago. i really do hope that series goes to 7 games.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    can't i be allowed to hat based on personality? based on how tired i am of seeing kobe whine to the officials everytime he doesn't get a call?

you gotta come up with something better than that. kobe doesn't bitch at the officiating any more than Nash and he's not even on the same level as someone like Iverson, who basically comments on every call or non-call.

can someone please post a gif of that dunk kobe had in the second quarter ...if only nash would have been standing under him again.

check out espn.com's wrap-up of the lakers game. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=260502021

kobe has a great quote:

Bryant was tossed by referee Leon Wood after complaining that a hard foul against Brown should have been called flagrant.

"He didn't like my toneage, if that's a word." Bryant said. "He's the decider. Is that a word, decider?"

kobe taking shots at bush?? one more reason he's the mvp.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

"He didn't like my toneage, if that's a word." Bryant said. "He's the decider. Is that a word, decider?"

Yeah, I saw that last night. I gotta give it to him for that--that's some pretty funny shit.

Yeah, I saw that last night. I gotta give it to him for that--that's some pretty funny shit.

I think he meant "tone" and "decision maker" lol

Great game, GAME SIX FOLLS!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    can't i be allowed to hat based on personality? based on how tired i am of seeing kobe whine to the officials everytime he doesn't get a call?

you gotta come up with something better than that. kobe doesn't bitch at the officiating any more than Nash and he's not even on the same level as someone like Iverson, who basically comments on every call or non-call.

can someone please post a gif of that dunk kobe had in the second quarter ...if only nash would have been standing under him again.
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

lol x infinity

pssst:

ooooh! walton's foot is outta boundz hommie!

you choose your villains and if you look at the malones, laimbeers, and rodmans, you can understand that reasons for not liking a player is not limited solely to athletic ability.

Ms. Damn, you are probably a non-baller much like everyone else "discussing" the game in this thread here. I don't hate you, on the contrary i think it's dope that you know more NBA "history" than a lot of folks. To be blunt, it just gets on my nerves (whether it's on a msg. board or real life) when non-ballers or trend hoppers HATE. It just proves your understanding of the game is shallow, and you can't say anything besides the obvious of "KILLED IT!".

Mark, i am your friend and all in real life, but i don't know how you could talk this much shit when you've never even touched a basketball...let alone just started watching like 2 seasons ago.

By the way, there's an awful lot of small talk going on in here. Can some of the real headz step up again so we could make this thread legitimate?

or maybe i could just be as annoying as some of you folks:

"OH YEA, GOOD ONE! AN MVP THAT PLAYS ONLY HALF THE GAME."

i don't know how you could talk this much shit when you've never even touched a basketball...let alone just started watching like 2 seasons ago.

hey get your facts straight there, I played a little bit for fun back when I was a youngin'...actually my sister was actually a better basketball player than me though, lol

so yah, I'm not a baller but hey I doubt there are any professional players on soulstrut but you never know....

don't let it get on your nerves man we're just talking this ain't no i-beef lol

haha!

Don't worry dude, I'm sure Kobe and the Lakers will be honored someday sooner or later. THIS IS WHY WE WATCH? Right?

pssst:

ooooh! walton's foot is outta boundz hommie!

MARK STOP!!!! this is the third time in this series (ha!) that you've said something incorrect about the RULES OF THE GAME. Walton doesn't have possession of the ball, so it doesn't matter. He has a hand on it, but possession is definitely not his, and won't be until the refs call jumpball. At which point, they "jump ball" to see who will get possession.

stop nitpicking, most of the time you will be wrong.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    you choose your villains and if you look at the malones, laimbeers, and rodmans, you can understand that reasons for not liking a player is not limited solely to athletic ability.

Ms. Damn, you are probably a non-baller much like everyone else "discussing" the game in this thread here. I don't hate you, on the contrary i think it's dope that you know more NBA "history" than a lot of folks. To be blunt, it just gets on my nerves (whether it's on a msg. board or real life) when non-ballers or trend hoppers HATE. It just proves your understanding of the game is shallow, and you can't say anything besides some of the folks who yell "KILLED IT!".

Mark, i am your friend and all in real life, but i don't know how you could talk this much shit when you've never even touched a basketball...let alone just started watching like 2 seasons ago.

By the way, there's an awful lot of small talk going on in here. Can some of the real headz step up again so we could make this thread legitimate?

You sound ass-hurt, yuichi.

And contrary to your speculation that Ms. Damn is not at all a baller, I happen to know that she is a baller baller.

looks like he just got out of the shower and threw on his pajamas