NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    she is a baller baller? lol

or maybe i could just be as annoying as some of you folks:

"OH YEA, GOOD ONE! AN MVP THAT PLAYS ONLY HALF THE GAME."

looks like he just got out of the shower and threw on his pajamas

word up. that's what i'm talking about Keithvanhorn and Circa70.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

stop nitpicking, most of the time you will be wrong.

ok mr. basketball expert, I'm going to quit posting (or at least until after game 6, lol)

GENIUS.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    pssst:

ooooh! walton's foot is outta boundz hommie!

MARK STOP!!!! this is the third time in this series (ha!) that you've said something incorrect about the RULES OF THE GAME. Walton doesn't have possession of the ball, so it doesn't matter. He has a hand on it, but possession is definitely not his, and won't be until the refs call jumpball. At which point, they "jump ball" to see who will get possession.

stop nitpicking, most of the time you will be wrong.

i think you are wrong about this. first, you don't need to have possession to be called out of bounds. it happens all the time when guys fly into the stands to try and save a ball. the difference here is that Nash has control, but if Walton even has a hand on it and is out of bounds, the ref can call it out.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    To be blunt, it just gets on my nerves (whether it's on a msg. board or real life) when non-ballers HATE.

same could be said of non-rappers, non-producers, non-drummers, non-writers, etc.

you don't have to physically engage in an activity to know when it is done well or poorly.

true. i didn't think about that scenario. But in this case, there would've have been no way the refs would've called that, this late in the game, and this much on the line. Minor technicalities like that go out the window as someone else mentioned. Now a slap in the face on a drive or a shove from behind, those are easy calls.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    To be blunt, it just gets on my nerves (whether it's on a msg. board or real life) when non-ballers HATE.

same could be said of non-rappers, non-producers, non-drummers, non-writers, etc.

you don't have to physically engage in an activity to know when it is done well or poorly.

There are actually plenty of people on this very board that subscribe to the until-you-build-a-toaster-oven-of-your-own-I-don't-want-to-hear-you-complaining-about-toaster-ovens worldview, though.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

There are actually plenty of people on this very board that subscribe to the until-you-build-a-toaster-oven-of-your-own-I-don't-want-to-hear-you-complaining-about-toaster-ovens worldview, though.

I am a player and was a coach for a second...

Just want to say unless you are a professional being a player doesnt upgrade your opinion that much.
    Furthermore.. people that are hatting on players and teams (like all sportsfan) can hatt all they want..ms damn and others did nothing more than that so there 'baller' status is trivial now enough arguing about arguing

Wait til the next round for better discussion

true. i didn't think about that scenario. But in this case, there would've have been no way the refs would've called that, this late in the game, and this much on the line. Minor technicalities like that go out the window as someone else mentioned. Now a slap in the face on a drive or a shove from behind, those are easy calls.

regardless, it would have been the appropriate call.

mylatency's not the first person to bring up Walton's foot either.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0502p2main0502.html

you're wrong cuz basketball is a complex game and usually players that have played a long time have a greater appreciation, respect, and understading of the small things.

Example:

Laker's perimeter defense and help defense have stepped up tremendously. That's why they won those 3 games. Every player is rotating on the weak side, and almost every shot is "challenged". They've held Phoenix to 92,93,98 in those games. That's probably more than half the reason why they won. But did anybody bring that point up?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    So, when the Clips and Lakers play their series, will they switch locker rooms for "Road" and "Home"??

Mavs are comin out of the West anyway y'all.

you're wrong cuz basketball is a complex game and usually players that have played a long time have a greater appreciation, respect, and understading of the small things.

Example:

Laker's perimeter defense and help defense have stepped up tremendously. That's why they won those 3 games. Every player is rotating on the weak side, and almost every shot is "challenged". They've held Phoenix to 92,93,98 in those games. That's probably more than half the reason why they won. But did anybody bring that point up?

haha, good point. basketball is the only thing in the world with complexities that the average joe might not pick up on. there aren't any intricacies to writing or producing (among most any other activity) that might go over someones head who is not well versed in the established methodologies or subtleties. haha, whatever man.

Holiday man, what's the deal? Why are your boys pussy-footin around with the Queens? Y'all are makin Bonzi Wells look like a superstar. Not sure if y'all are ready........

Example:

the nba is all about one-on-one match-ups, and not x's and o's. the suns rely on nash penetrating and kicking. if the lakers are compensating for nash's penetration by rotating off to the open man, that is pretty much fundamental defense. the lakers are winning cause they are outplaying the suns.

Holiday man, what's the deal? Why are your boys pussy-footin around with the Queens?

um, saving our energy?

F'real though, aside from the fact that Sac's playing their best ball of the year, I don't know why we can't get it together. Tony's making like half his points from JUMPERS!!??? We can't get any penetration (pasue)!

Holiday man, what's the deal? Why are your boys pussy-footin around with the Queens?

um, saving our energy?

F'real though, aside from the fact that Sac's playing their best ball of the year, I don't know why we can't get it together. Tony's making like half his points from JUMPERS!!??? We can't get any penetration (pasue)!

I'm rooting for the Kings on Friday and SA on Sunday. I want a couple of more days of rest for the Mavs, but I want the title run to go through S.A.

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts

Example:

soooo .... does your "great respect" for the game qualify you to make ridiculous blanket statments like "lebron doesn't play any D" like you're prone to do? you've played this card on here before. it was absurd and a little insulting then; it still is now. be careful not to give yourself too much credit on this subject.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    What happened to this thread?

be careful not to give yourself too much credit on this subject.

Please to post the back of the Yuichi Basketball Card on here so we can verify your credentials as the resident expert......

Example:

soooo .... does your "great respect" for the game qualify you to make ridiculous blanket statments like "lebron doesn't play any D" like you're prone to do? you've played this card on here before. it was absurd and a little insulting then; it still is now. be careful not to give yourself too much credit on this subject.

maybe you could answer my question.

Cess pool.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Holiday man, what's the deal? Why are your boys pussy-footin around with the Queens? Y'all are makin Bonzi Wells look like a superstar. Not sure if y'all are ready........

This series is really bugging the shit out of me. Bonzi Wells is a decent player, but he ain't as good as the Spurs are making him look. I don't know what the fuck is up with my squad here, but it ain't good.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

apparently, not enough of us are basketball scientists and our inferior opinions and small talk are not worthy enough for the big baller status of some of the other participants of this thread. now there's some ass-hurtedness running through the thread like the plague (no homo), and those of us who were enjoying the thread but not scientifically breaking down each player's every move in the game are now indirectly being asked to shut the fuck up, i think.

oh my god, like everybody's so offended!

get a life.

this is probably the reason why so many dudes have left.....

apparently, not enough of us are basketball scientists and our inferior opinions and small talk are not worthy enough for the big baller status of some of the other participants of this thread. now there's some ass-hurtedness running through the thread like the plague (no homo), and those of us who were enjoying the thread but not scientifically breaking down each player's every move in the game are now indirectly being asked to shut the fuck up, i think.

I sense a lack of appreciation, respect, and understanding of the small things radiating from your post. You are probably a non-baller.

I sense a lack of appreciation, respect, and understanding of the small things radiating from your post. You are probably a non-baller.

he probably is. bounce!

he probably is. bounce!

Yahmean?

I, personally, will not be satisfied until this thread consists solely of me and Yuichi talking about Kobe.

Later for you other lames.

he probably is. bounce!

As snarky as it sounded, I genuinely asked the question for contextual purposes. How much organized/officialized ball have you played Yuichi? HS? AAU? College? Pro? D-League?

he probably is. bounce!

Yahmean?

I, personally, will not be satisfied until this thread consists solely of me and Yuichi talking about Kobe.

Later for you other lames.

hahaha. atleast someone has a sense of humor. okay okay, BOUNCE!