NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    how silly would it be if the Lakers did go all the way... and Nash walks with the MVP.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    how silly would it be if the Lakers did go all the way... and Nash walks with the MVP.

I mean... it's already pretty silly. Kobe's proving a point right now. Esp with the last game, the team play, which people have held against him in the past... the dunk... and bottom line, the wins...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Regular season doesnt mean shit.

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts

David Dupree of USATODAY has the LAKERS beating the CLIPPERS, and facing the SPURS in the West Finals.

i agree ....and trust me when i tell you.. the Lakers are VERY capable of beating the Spurs (just like the Kings should be up 2-1) ...when the Lakers were winning their rings, Shaq didn't do a damn thing against the Spurs...It was Kobe and company ...Kobe owns the Spurs ..and Phil owns Popovich

Lakers over Detroit in 4 anyone?

All that because they won two games in a row...
    Let's see what will happen against Phoenix.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

David Dupree of USATODAY has the LAKERS beating the CLIPPERS, and facing the SPURS in the West Finals.

i agree ....and trust me when i tell you.. the Lakers are VERY capable of beating the Spurs (just like the Kings should be up 2-1) ...when the Lakers were winning their rings, Shaq didn't do a damn thing against the Spurs...It was Kobe and company ...Kobe owns the Spurs ..and Phil owns Popovich

Lakers over Detroit in 4 anyone?

Ahhhhh, the voice of reason has arrived.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

open your wallet

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    anythoughts on the pistons getting SMOKED tonight...

where my boys

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    anythoughts on the pistons getting SMOKED tonight...

where my boys

, but I think we're just bored and got caught off guard. It will be the only an anomaly in this series. Hopefully.

• detroit's gonna win this series, no sweat. the 20 pt lost was unneccesary though.

on to more exciting news, one dante and yours truly will be sitting in (lower level) seats at the UC watching the bulls try to shut down miami again today. yessir! let's see how shaq responds to "his worst playoff performance ever."

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

open your wallet

It's kinda hard to believe that the lakers could rise up and beat Phoenix, but when you look at how they're doing it it's really not a surprise at all. DEFENSE, REBOUNDING, PHYSICAL PLAY INSIDE. That's what wins in the post season, not run-and-gun offense. I'm just surprised that some of those dudes who I thought were dogs on LA are actually steppin' up. Odom 15 & 17, Kwame 13 & 11, Bill walton's kid 17 & 10, Smush droppin' 18... yo, they keep playing like that and they're gonna send Phoenix fishin' in the next two games.

Phil Jackson the best coach ever? I'm sure this is prolly a joke, but he's definitely a lot more than merely a guy who glided to his championships just because he was lucky enough to have Jordan, and then Shaq & Kobe, on his teams.
    I might rate him as the best ever if he spelled his name with two L's though.

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts
    ...Nash is still the same ole playoff Nash ...

did you even watch the playoffs last year? nash was incredible, and his series against the mavs was one of the most dominant individual playoff performances in years. 30/12/6.5 in that series, 24/11/5 for the entire playoffs. the suns couldn't get past the spurs but nash wasn't the problem.

mike miller for 6th man as well ... it's white folks' year!

16 Beat, If you been watching the Lakers close enough (meaning almost every game this season) then you woulda seen that Kobe has tried to stick with the game plan. Scenarios like this were common:

Double-teamed, pass out to Sasha...he'd either brick or move it around to Smush, who wouldn't be ready to take the shot (nobody was ready to take their shot, when the opportunity presented itself).

Drive and dish, out to Odom, Odom spins into the lane, losing his balance. Complaining to the ref, while the opposing team scored on the transition.

DEFENSE[/b] hasn't been too shabby either. Holding Phoenix to less than 100 these last two games.

oh i know, i'm aware of that. but it's a self-perpetuating cycle - it's not like his teammates suddenly put it all together or got better now that it counts. they're playing with more confidence because their best player believes in them. during the regular season they didn't have much of a margin for error (recall kobe's confrontation with lamar odom and his really awful disposition early in the year .. major chip on the shoulder), thus the shaky play. it's kind of a chicken-or-the-egg thing. that was my point

did you even watch the playoffs last year? nash was incredible, and his series against the mavs was one of the most dominant individual playoff performances in years. 30/12/6.5 in that series, 24/11/5 for the entire playoffs. the suns couldn't get past the spurs but nash wasn't the problem.

solid

If u were LeBron, would u stay in Cleveland? Will the necessary 2nd star come play for Cleveland?
    Can that franchise properly build around James? Wouldn't the NBA prefer to see him in another city?
    Nike would pay him more if was in a bigger market.

Cleveland's color scheme is str8 garbage.
    Navy/Gold/Maroon=trash.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

on to more exciting news, one dante and yours truly will be sitting in (lower level) seats at the UC watching the bulls try to shut down miami again today. yessir! let's see how shaq responds to "his worst playoff performance ever."

lucky!

What happened to the HEAT? can anyone explain?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Hmm, Payton, Walker, Williams, etc. Pat Riley???!

I mean really. Everyone was talking about them as an elite team by default. All of those off season moves didn't work during the regular season, why did anyone think they would finally work in the playoffs? I thought they'd still beat the Bulls, but after that it was an open question. Right now it looks to be crumbling as a classic 1st round humiliation.

Speaking of which, anyone see Payton going off this morning. Just shows how the team isn't really a team this season.

Hmm, Payton, Walker, Williams, etc. Pat Riley???!

I mean really. Everyone was talking about them as an elite team by default. All of those off season moves didn't work during the regular season, why did anyone think they would finally work in the playoffs? I thought they'd still beat the Bulls, but after that it was an open question. Right now it looks to be crumbling as a classic 1st round humiliation.

Speaking of which, anyone see Payton going off this morning. Just shows how the team isn't really a team this season.

When doesnt Payton complain?

They need ZO.

You see Kobe in Smush's ear after he got that steal that led to Kobe sending the game into overtime? "YOU A BAD MUTHAFUCKA!"
    Damn, this is a good ass game.

• on to more exciting news, one dante and yours truly will be sitting in (lower level) seats at the UC watching the bulls try to shut down miami again today. yessir! let's see how shaq responds to "his worst playoff performance ever."

lucky!

and i paid less than face value!!!the seats

anyway, this game was amazing. the bulls really played high level ball today. they shut shaq down by getting him in foul trouble, contained wade (thanks hinrich and co) and put up clutch baskets (noc, hinrich, gordan and duhon).

making this a real series now, don't sleep on chicago!

this LA PHX shit is nuts...gotta catch it!

OHHHHHHH SNAP!!!!!! KOBE!

OHHHHHHH SNAP!!!!!! KOBE!

ugh
    ugh
    ugh
    omg
    ugh
    omg

ugh

jump ball? come on
    ugh

• OHHHHHHH SNAP!!!!!! KOBE!

HOLY SHIT!!!

one to tie it, and one to win it!!! dude really came through. amazing game again.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

GAME[/b]
    F***ING[/b]
    OVER[/b]

HERO:

BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME:

see you in PHX, Yuichi

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

^^This shit is soft.

BULLS IN 06.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKIN' LAKER TEAM. what an emotional game for all of these players.....Kobe is leader.......i got teary-eyed watching that huddle at the end there......THAT'S LOVE.

^^This shit is soft.

BULLS IN 06.

good luck, Dante