NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

1323334353638»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I don't know who the Heat Mavs have that can check Dirk Shaq and I look for Josh to be somewhat effective impotent guarding Wade.

That's what I like about sports fans... they ignore reality

Mavs have Damp and Diop who I expect to do just fine and you watch what Josh does to Wade. REally, ignore reality? You're gonna eat those fuckin words Paychex....

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Dampier and Diop... against Shaq? Please. Shaq is his own worst enemy, them dudes ain't got nothing that can stop him if he decides to beast it out.

And I like Josh Howard (and the Mavs) but Wade is uncontainable... the Mavs have a good shot... just saying... you are underestimating the Heat (as most did all year) and they might just PUT IT ON YOU.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Shaq is the only player in the game today that can put a team on his back and win a title.....especially over a 7 game series.

That being said, I'll be rooting for the Mavs and hope they can bring a title home to what has become a great basketball town.

Should be a great and very strategic series....Riley has the experience but Avery may have the deeper talent pool.

Go Mavs!!

• Not underestimating them at all. To do that would be saying Dallas in a sweep or Dallas in 5.

It's the Walkers and Paytons and Haslems I ain't worried about.

And you cats just might be underestimating Avery, Dirk and Josh.

We shall see....I got four days to take a break from cardiac territory and soak up this WC Championship. I really shouldn't let you jerkies get my blood boiling this far out. Fuckers.

Obviously, I've put myself out there for months with this team. One more final step to see who's right.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I believe teh Mavs have the bodies and the strategy to limit the Heat stars in crucial stretches, just like they were able to shut down Phoenix's offense in crucial stretches. Suns got locked the fuck down and held to 42 points in the second half. Got outscored by 21 at home when it counted the most. Howard made Nash a non-factor until it was too late.

Wade is a beast... he is way more power and bulk than Nash, similar quickness and court vision... he is not a better player, but he will put it on Howard in a way Nash never would. Also, the Heat are to me a way better team than the Suns in the sense that, with the Suns, everything flows from Nash, as we discussed, a lot of those players are flops in the abtract and were made better by Nash's vision and ability. Obviously, the biggest difference is Shaq, imagine Suns WITH Amare and I don't think your Mavs would've gotten through with the same ease...

Obviously Shaq and Wade are studs

• I believe teh Mavs have the bodies and the strategy to limit the Heat stars in crucial stretches, just like they were able to shut down Phoenix's offense in crucial stretches. Suns got locked the fuck down and held to 42 points in the second half. Got outscored by 21 at home when it counted the most. Howard made Nash a non-factor until it was too late.

Wade is a beast... he is way more power and bulk than Nash, similar quickness and court vision... he is not a better player, but he will put it on Howard in a way Nash never would. Also, the Heat are to me a way better team than the Suns in the sense that, with the Suns, everything flows from Nash, as we discussed, a lot of those players are flops in the abtract and were made better by Nash's vision and ability. Obviously, the biggest difference is Shaq, imagine Suns WITH Amare and I don't think your Mavs would've gotten through with the same ease...

Duly noted. I ain't going anywhere. All will be revealed soon enough.

• Perhaps I'm not giving the Heat enough credit for their romp through the EC and the Pistons in particular. But let's not forget: swept the Grizz (ripped their hearts out in an OT G3 after being down double-digits and a Dirk 3 to send it to OT), handled the Spurs in stretches and won a G7 in their house (after blowing a 20 pt lead and being down by 3 w/ half a minute left), closed out the Suns mercilessly w/ a 50 pt Dirk show leading them back from down 7 and stunning defensive throat-slashing down 18 on the road in a close-out game against a team that was 4-0 in such affairs. These Mavs have done some thangs. Both teams are on a mission and are 12-5 in the playoffs. Two great coaches. Superstars abound. It's on. I know it won't be easy, but I just feel it's the Mavs year.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This thread iz officially dead. Move on to the FINALS thread Batches.