NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I mean I am not trying to compare it to other, more thorough sonnings. Dudes acting like I can't sit up in my bed and say some shit, like that got any bearing on their life. It truly seems like dudes get all ass hurt every time Kobe gets it in though.

Nash got sonned, the day after news of MVP broke, on national TV, by the runner up. Hellafied.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    2. Nash jumped up trying to get the charge and got HOUSED. Sorry if that's your man but he was big enough to step up and you're trying to play it like he was just some lil dude caught in the middle.

He's not my man. I'm a Spurs fan. I don't really give a fuck about the Suns or the Lakers. I'm not "trying to play it" like anything. I just don't find it supremely impressive for a guy to dunk on a guy a half-foot shorter than him with no hops or defensive ability, that's all. I guess I just set the bar for "amazing" a little bit higher than that.

It was a nice dunk, sure. And as you'll note, I said above that it was an important score. And if you were to switch Steve Nash for, say, Erick Dampier or at least somebody who had a chance of stopping it, then I'd be impressed.

Then watch a dunk contest. My whole reaction was based on the statement it made, not the physical ability necessary to pull it off.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    2. Nash jumped up trying to get the charge and got HOUSED. Sorry if that's your man but he was big enough to step up and you're trying to play it like he was just some lil dude caught in the middle.

He's not my man. I'm a Spurs fan.

Really? I think you're the first person other than Charles Barkley that I've ever heard of being a Spurs fan that didn't have direct ties to SA... or do you?

He's not my man. I'm a Spurs fan.

Really? I think you're the first person other than Charles Barkley that I've ever heard of being a Spurs fan that didn't have direct ties to SA... or do you?

Nope, no ties to SA at all. I just really like the squad. I guess David Robinson is the guy that turned me from a general NBA fan to a Spurs fan who also really likes NBA basketball. Plus, I seem to have a strange affinity for teams that are second-round knockouts for many years before finally winning it all (see also: UCONN men's basketball).

Then watch a dunk contest. My whole reaction was based on the statement it made, not the physical ability necessary to pull it off.

Fair enough.

Plus, I seem to have a strange affinity for teams that are second-round knockouts for many years before finally winning it all (see also: UCONN men's basketball).

The nineties were a tough time to be a spurs fan

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Look man, I'm no Kobe lover but the man really killed it right there.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    kobe v. wade

who sons harder?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    you sound ass hurt.

a dunk can be filthy with no defender within 10 feet of the player! It's the dunk, not the dude who got dunked on...

Things that made this dunk filthy:

1. The Suns were trying to shift momentum and reclaim the lead. The clock was winding down and Kobe made shit real clear like, "NO. This is not going to go down like this."

3. THATS THE LEAGUE MVP YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! Son, I'm sorry but Kobe just made a hell of a statement right there!

Look man, I'm no Kobe lover but the man really killed it right there. Man up and give the dude his props.

no doubt. cats are acting like they woulda been happier if kobe hit a pull up jumper there or something. come on. that dunk was fierce I don't give a fuck if nobody was around. dude got sideways in the air on some vince carter type shit. best dunk ever? probably not. impressive as fuck and meaningful in a playoff game when his team is down in the series? absolutely.

Heh thoughts from the hommie Norm Hopper:

"...and Kobe hung on the rim too. The NBA is slowly moving toward the official And One league. Detroit will wreck all these chumps with defense."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    It truly seems like dudes get all ass hurt every time Kobe gets it in though.

Nash got sonned, the day after news of MVP broke, on national TV, by the runner up. Hellafied.

I am saying. This is the type of hate that's got me really feeling Kobe.

AYO!

AYO!

tepid

Saying, he's definitely waving the flow-flow.

I can't hatt either. I refuse to weep...

AYO!

tepid

mad?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

"...and Kobe hung on the rim too. The NBA is slowly moving toward the official And One league. Detroit will wreck all these chumps with defense."

Mark, with all due respect,

you sound ass hurt

and obviously you guys aren't familiar with the rules in the league...that say you can hang on the rim if there is a player underneath you or you need to stabilize yourself, after completing or attempting a dunk. NBA 101.

Mark, with all due respect,

you sound ass hurt

and obviously you guys aren't familiar with the rules in the league...that say you can hang on the rim if there is a player underneath you or you need to stabilize yourself, after completing or attempting a dunk. NBA 101.

Yahmean? WORK YOURSELF, SON!

workin' it. and you, get back to work! bounce.

I was supporting you in your excoriation of MyLatency. Mylatency--this is a man's game. It is not a game for people offended by the sight of somebody hanging off the rim with one hand and grabbing their crotch with the other.

oh i understood. library time! bounce!.....before i spend more time discussing the validity of a man hanging on the rim, one hand on crotch.

• SEABISCUIT!!!!!!

Now that the Mantis no longer plays for us, I can laugh at this. A little.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

bro-DAM!!!! I'm just seeing this schitt.... you just KNOW that was a personal statement by Kobe and his frighteningly huge ego.

And somebody referred to dude as "8 The Great"... it'll be 24 The Great (or whatever rhymes with 24) starting next season. Kobe's going back to his 1st number at Lower Merion for some strange reason.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Kobe's going back to his 1st number at Lower Merion for some strange reason.

maybe it was the juelz line "put on my laker jersey then i go rape white (numba 8!!!)"...

maybe it was the juelz line "put on my laker jersey then i go rape white (numba 8!!!)"...

That was Cam... Juelz rarely gets that foul.

• I wonder what Jim Jackson thinks of this??

That was Cam...

ahh, Camron with another ignorant line. what's new? 24, 8, it don't make no difference though. besides the fact that it's a multiple of 8.

I was supporting you in your excoriation of MyLatency. Mylatency--this is a man's game. It is not a game for people offended by the sight of somebody hanging off the rim with one hand and grabbing their crotch with the other.

If you read my original post, those were quoted comments made by Norm Hopper, who has been a longtime bball fan (and Kobe/Lakers hater). He's definitely not ass hurt about the Lakers/Suns game, he's a Spurs fan I think.

Sorry, I'm also not personally ass hurt or offended by the sight of Kobe hanging off the rim though guys. Game 3.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

No strange reason here....it's the same reason most decisions in this world are made....CASH MONEY.......now kids have got to go get the #24 Kobe Jersey and Bryant can start putting some bucks away for the next time he has to pay off that fine wife of his.

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts

Pacers > Nets

Damn, i'm starting to think it was not a joke...