breaking bad season 5 ...lets smoke some glass

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    So will Jessie flip on Walt? He's obviously not in a good place. Only 6 episodes left to go from super clean shades of camel Walt to grifter Walt.

will hank punch jesse in the face ?

will saul swoop in to the rescue ?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Guzzo said:
    Question: how did Saul know Mike was on "a trip to Belize"?

Jesse implied it when he met with Saul about giving away the money, and Saul must have put 2 and 2 together after that, like Jesse did.

• granjerogranjero 147 Posts
    Really enjoyed seeing Hank squirm like that. Bad Hank. Also to witness Marie realising the degree of Skylar's complicity.
    Where the f*** is Flynn?
    Great seeing the recurring character which is the desert.
    Painful cliffhanger!
    Impossible not to try predicting how it'll unfold but what's the point.

• granjero said:

Impossible not to try predicting how it'll unfold but what's the point.

i think vinny g is having an absolute blast (at our expense) alluding to all of the other classic anti-hero tragedies as a way to throw us off the scent of what he has planned.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    MARIE SCHRADER: THE PURPLE TAPE II

can we get some throwback soulstrut photoshopping going on here? y'all have gone soft in recent years.

• coffinjoe said:

will saul swoop in to the rescue ?

saul is the most reassuring presence on the show. the fixer!

• there is some talk of a Saul Goodman spinoff....

i think breaking bad is the best tv show i have ever followed. sopranos and the wire were great and all but nowhere near this level.

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/index.php

• Walter White gave hank the wrong cd:

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    where was hank off to
    (walt's house in time to stop jesse ??)

will jesse confess to hank, a confession he no longer wants thanks to walt's dvd ???

and did todd's story about what a smart thinker walt is seal walt's fate as future brotherhood cook ???

marie offs walt for the win

walt calls hoover and the dvd is released

the czeks and gus' friends go scarface

mind boggles

• definitely felt a lil cheated by the last two eps; they are wasting airtime, not advancing things very much, and time is running out.

I was behind a week so I watched the two eps in one go: Episode 11 opened with Jesse in Hank's custody and Walt trying to decide if he should kill Jesse.

Two whole episodes later aaaaand...that's exactly where we're still at.

(After some time-wasting events like when Jesse damages Walt's carpeting.)

• I'm still scratching my head over the diner scene with todd & his uncle. everything about that scene screamed of him getting whacked in the restroom (ayo). on some three man enter, two man leave shit.

there's been a LOT of lateral movements in storyline and i ant help but think they're running out of time.

• vintageinfants said:
    I'm still scratching my head over the diner scene with todd & his uncle. everything about that scene screamed of him getting whacked in the restroom (ayo). on some three man enter, two man leave shit. .

I guess the takeaway here is that while everyone's focused on Jesse as the last man standing/the one dude left who can sink Walt, there's actually also this other loose end in the form of Meth Damon who can potentially sink Walt also, and he's running his mouf.

• vintageinfants said:
    I)on some three man enter, two man leave shit.

Sounds appropriate for a bathroom scene. One of them only had to piss.

• Jessie ruining the carpet did lead to the Skyker scene where she's like "what's one more", talking about murder. There's that.

I was confused by the bathroom scene because I was getting some rapey vibes with the waitress and the dudes. They did an awkward long stare, but that might have been "get lost, we need to do some talking." the part tht threw me off what that emphasis on the blood on dude's boot as he's leaving the stall. Was it a throwback to their meth shoot out? Seems like a very specific reference back to something that was already known.

• Controller_7 said:
    Jessie ruining the carpet did lead to the Skyker scene where she's like "what's one more", talking about murder. There's that.

I was confused by the bathroom scene because I was getting some rapey vibes with the waitress and the dudes. They did an awkward long stare, but that might have been "get lost, we need to do some talking." the part tht threw me off what that emphasis on the blood on dude's boot as he's leaving the stall. Was it a throwback to their meth shoot out? Seems like a very specific reference back to something that was already known.

I'm not entirely sure what the reason for that diner scene was but I think the blood splatter was probably just to emphasize their ruthlessness? A.K.A. These are some stone cold killers man.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    FWIW, I think the blood is from the big shootout/heist they just participated in and Meth Damon had just called Walt about, no?

right after they left the restaurant, you can see the stolen meth in the trailer behind their truck.

• jdeez said:
    FWIW, I think the blood is from the big shootout/heist they just participated in and Meth Damon had just called Walt about, no?

right after they left the restaurant, you can see the stolen meth in the trailer behind their truck.

the fuck? did I miss an episode? what heist we talmbout?

• When business suit lady goes to the underground meth lab.

• oh yeah.

• do you not feel like there are WAY more loose ends to be tied up than the amount of episodes left will allow? thefuckswithallTHAT?

• I don't actually feel that way.

either Walt has Jesse killed...or not.

either Hank finds some physical evidence on Walt...or not.

either Walt dies of cancer or at the hands of Walt and/or Jesse...or else lives.

These could be tied up in a single episode.

• including a chunk of time large enough for walt to change his appearance and the house turn into a squat?

• yeah they'll just flash forward. the conclusion of the series will happen after that.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    squat walt could suggest that family abandons him and he's on his own
    wouldn't be that unfathomable. skyler would sell him out in a heartbeat if it really came down to it

• What does Walt want with the rest of the poison and the massive gun in his boot though? If he packs the family off and then comes back to kill people (Hank? Jessie?) how can all that time pass, so he looks so different, first?

Anyone remember this theory?

In Breaking Bad, Walt has a habit of taking on some little traits of the people he has killed.

When Walt killed Crazy 8, he started cutting off the crusts of his sandwiches ??? just as Crazy 8 had done. Gus drives a Volvo. After Walt kills Gus, at the beginning of Season 5 (at the Denny???s), Walt is driving a Volvo (w/ NH plates). When Mike and Walt meet at a bar in an earlier season, Walt orders his drink neat while Mike has his on the rocks. After Mike is killed, and Hank offers Walt a drink in his office ??? he asks for it on the rocks.

At that same scene at Denny???s, Walt arranges his bacon into his new age. Someone else used to do that. On top of that, he???s using Skyler???s maiden name on his fake ID.

Based on his history of picking up traits from his victims ??? I believe Walt is going to murder Skyler before the series is over, and it probably had already happened before he showed up at the Denny???s in the Season 5 cold open.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    toby.d said:
    What does Walt want with the rest of the poison and the massive gun in his boot though? If he packs the family off and then comes back to kill people (Hank? Jessie?) how can all that time pass, so he looks so different, first?

Anyone remember this theory?

In Breaking Bad, Walt has a habit of taking on some little traits of the people he has killed.

When Walt killed Crazy 8, he started cutting off the crusts of his sandwiches ??? just as Crazy 8 had done. Gus drives a Volvo. After Walt kills Gus, at the beginning of Season 5 (at the Denny???s), Walt is driving a Volvo (w/ NH plates). When Mike and Walt meet at a bar in an earlier season, Walt orders his drink neat while Mike has his on the rocks. After Mike is killed, and Hank offers Walt a drink in his office ??? he asks for it on the rocks.

At that same scene at Denny???s, Walt arranges his bacon into his new age. Someone else used to do that. On top of that, he???s using Skyler???s maiden name on his fake ID.

Based on his history of picking up traits from his victims ??? I believe Walt is going to murder Skyler before the series is over, and it probably had already happened before he showed up at the Denny???s in the Season 5 cold open.

Yup; I'm fully on board with it.

• What's his motivation to kill skyler at this point? She's more on his side than not. Plus he'd have to take care of that non existent baby of theirs.

• maybe he has to choose between skyler and jesse?

• wondering what jesse meant by "gonna get to you where you really live"