breaking bad season 5 ...lets smoke some glass

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    What's his motivation to kill skyler at this point? She's more on his side than not. Plus he'd have to take care of that non existent baby of theirs.

Right now, he doesn't have much motivation. But loyalties are shifting pretty rapidly at this point, and there's a lot of TV time left.

• Walt sitting waiting for Jesse reminded me of Mike - not sure if that was an intention like some of the other characteristics of Walt's victims.

Anyone think that in the flash forward Walt is on a final dash which ends with a meeting with Saul's vacuum cleaner repair guy?

• Interesting theory. This mystery life changing man has been introduced several times in the series.

• djwaxon said:
    Walt sitting waiting for Jesse reminded me of Mike - not sure if that was an intention like some of the other characteristics of Walt's victims.

Anyone think that in the flash forward Walt is on a final dash which ends with a meeting with Saul's vacuum cleaner repair guy?

I think it's well after Walt has already gotten a new identity - fake ID at the breakfast spot and out of state tags on the car in the parking lot. Walt is sweaty and dirty - I think he's just come back to town, dug up his money and gets the gun to settle up with the Aryans. I'm assuming the hit Walt is about to place on Jesse goes horribly wrong. Maybe Hank gets killed in the crossfire, Marie goes public with the Walt=Heisenberg connection forcing his exile, Jesse gets held hostage by Todd and the Aryans?

• lamas said:
    I'm assuming the hit Walt is about to place on Jesse goes horribly wrong. Maybe Hank gets killed in the crossfire, Marie goes public with the Walt=Heisenberg connection forcing his exile, Jesse gets held hostage by Todd and the Aryans?

Dayum son. Seems pretty correct so far. That ending was crazy.

The scene with Walt on the phone, driving to the location while Jeasie shit talks, seemed kind of cheesy and I was laughing. I dont know, it was just kind of silly in style.

• When Walt called Todd and the ringtone was "She Blinded Me with Science," I had to pause the DVR and just soak it in. My wife asked, "How long have they been waiting to bust that one out?"

Contrast that with the insanity of the ending and tonight's episode was one helluva ride.

PS Walt really needs a hands-free phone.

• Haha, the Thomas Dolby cracked me up, but that's how Todd is. He's simple or something. Like when he was talking to business lady. Clueless in a social sense, but an earnest interest in doing better. He's dumb, but a good kid. A good kid who does terrible shit, but all in the name of pleasing others.

At first I thought Gomey and Jesse were going to be killed, but then when Hank and Marie were doing the sappy talk I was like "here we go..."

Controller_7 said:
    He's dumb, but a good kid. A good kid who does terrible shit, but all in the name of pleasing others.

If Walt can't win in the end, I want Todd to win. Todd + Lydia 4eva!

At first I thought Gomey and Jesse were going to be killed, but then when Hank and Marie were doing the sappy talk I was like "here we go..."

As many others have already been saying, Hank may as well have started showing off pictures of his new boat, the S.S. Live Forever.

• I think Todd is more than simple and probably a complete psychopath. When he scooted in closer to Lydia and the way he interacted with her was fucking nuts. I wouldn't have suspected him being more than simple but then I remember all the great villains this show has had: Tuco, the Cousins, Gus, Krazy8...

Three shows left and I'm dying here.

• Anyone else think it was alittle irresponsible of them to fill the car that Walt, their boss in said scenario, is sitting in with hundreds of bullets? They need him to teach Todd. Seemed to be in stark contrast to the precision of the prison killings.

Plus, Gomey was out in the wide open and not one of them hit him. Even when he's popping up to take shots?

Controller_7 said:
    Seemed to be in stark contrast to the precision of the prison killings.

Plus, Gomey was out in the wide open and not one of them hit him. Even when he's popping up to take shots?

While I enjoyed the moment, the gunfight was kind of irritating because

1) Seriously, not one of these people could manage to hit somebody?

2) Those big-ass machine guns the ABs were firing would've sent rounds right through those cars

I know, mad nitpicky and not seeing the forest for the trees and whatnot, but still.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Anyone else think it was alittle irresponsible of them to fill the car that Walt, their boss in said scenario, is sitting in with hundreds of bullets? They need him to teach Todd. Seemed to be in stark contrast to the precision of the prison killings.

That whole thing was over the top and on some rambo shootout shit. Gomie and Hank would have been shot immediately from just one of those machine guns, let alone from the whole crew's. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse got hit by a stray bullet while sitting in the second car.

• any chance the suv is reinforced DEA issue? not sure if that would matter

im loving every episode, but in a way it kinda sucks that the AB juggernaut is taking over the last few shows.
    I did appreciate uncle jacks interrogation of Walter. Walt seems kindof clueless when it comes to truly currying peoples favor. he just lies and manipulates, but in person irritates everyone

Jr needs to die. riding Saul's nuts like that. cmon son

i cant fathom how hank or gomey get out of the desert alive. if they die, walt may be able to set them up as operatives in some meth bizness, found out in the boonies with a couple bullet riddled aryan bodies with no apparent reason to be out there

• What about when Walt admitted to killing people over the phone with Jesse? Was Hank planning to use that as part of his case?

• wasnt that the grounds for arrest?
    what other evidence did they have besides the possibility of cash barrels that they hadnt even seen yet?

i thought walt would get composed and be a badass, saying "once i realized your play, you think id really lead you to some burried treasure? puh-lease"

• I don't think Hank is going to survive this. That elated phone call to Marie about arresting Walt and how things are going to be better is almost exactly like the phone call he made to Marie in the car when he found out Jesse dropped charges against him and then the cousins came out of nowhere in the parking lot and nearly killed him. That has to be intentional. Again, hank thinks he's in the clear and celebrates prematurely while a third party he is completely unaware of shows up out of left field with a mission to kill him

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    http://drakeingbad.tumblr.com/

Walt has a final episode breakdown and spends the whole thing staring in the bedroom mirror, beating himself up for being shallow and fucking so many hot women.

• I think the shootout was a stylised farewell sequence for Hank 'n Gomey. Note Gomey tapping on Timmy Dipshit's car window with his wedding ring, as well as Hank's prematurely triumphant call to Marie. Those dudes are out of here.
    I think Walt 'n Jesse will effectively be captured by the Aryans and forced to cook. Possibly also Hank's money will be confiscated by these MFs.
    Can't work out Todd, he is plain weird, which is just fine.
    I thought it was a 6-episode situation, so I'm very happy to realise it's actually 8, so 3 to go. W00t!!!!

edit: got a name rong
    edit 2: used an erroneous apostrophe

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    granjero said:
    I think the shootout was a stylised farewell sequence for Hank 'n Gomey. Note Gomey tapping on Timmy Dipshit's car window with his wedding ring, as well as Hank's prematurely triumphant call to Marie. Those dudes are out of here.
    I think Walt 'n Jesse will effectively be captured by the Aryans and forced to cook. Possibly also Hank's money will be confiscated by these MFs.
    Can't work out Todd, he is plain weird, which is just fine.
    I thought it was a 6-episode situation, so I'm very happy to realise it's actually 8, so 3 to go. W00t!!!!

edit: got a name rong
    edit 2: used an erroneous apostrophe

i was just thinking last night we haven't seen walt n jesse work together in a while, and a one last cook scene could bring some sort of peace between the two, if even for a brief moment

• Hard to believe hank and gomey survive but the nature of cliffhangers defies logic. VGs biggest surprise may be hank somehow making it

The plot would appear to streamline nicely with them getting wacked. Marie and skylar would
    Then be the only ones in the know...
    Besides saul and huel and kuby

• Speaking of huel....
    If hank and g die, he might be sitting on that couch for ever

• Is there any chance Walt jr DOESN'T find out about Heisenberg?

Is there a chance that Walt jr was in on it the whole time?
    Mwaaahahahaa

• Is there any chance Walt jr DOESN'T find out about Heisenberg?

Mwaaahahahaa

tripledouble said:
    Speaking of huel....
    If hank and g die, he might be sitting on that couch for ever

The final episode should have a post-credits tag of dude sitting on that couch with a gigantic Rip Van Winkle beard. "OK, 5 more minutes, and then I'm leaving."

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I don't think the nazis knew Walt was there (they didn't hear him yelling in the car and I assume didn't see him either), they just knew that Jesse would be there and Hank and Gomez just happened to be at the wrong place/time. I think the Nazis finish shooting everything up and leave with Jesse, who gets taken prisoner by the Nazis and is forced to cook for them leaving behind:

- Walt alive and hiding in the car
    - Gomez dead
    - Hank dead, or mortally wounded and Walt has to apply the coup de grace (forcing him to harm a family member)

Setting up a situation in which Walt and family disappear, with Walt returning months later to try to rescue Jesse from the Nazis. Hence the Ricin and M60 in the trunk.

Everybody dies.

• don't forget the lottery ticket.

walt jr drives his challenger into the horizon with his little sister in the passenger seat with dollar bills coming out of the trunk.

OR:

money never gets discovered (Fargo style) and lottery ticket blows through the desert.

tripledouble said:

Walt Jr. is Keyser Soze!

• DocMcCoy said:

^^^ why?? ^^^

• TheKindCromang said:
    What about when Walt admitted to killing people over the phone with Jesse? Was Hank planning to use that as part of his case?

yeah that was kinda ridiculous.

"LET ME SPECIFICALLY LIST THE PEOPLE I HAVE KILLED ON THE SHOW FOR YOU ON THE PHONE!!!!"

that call must have been recorded, so even if Hank and Gomey die, Pinkman still has evidence he can go the cops with.

• if/when Hank and Gomey die in the shootout, Marie is a major loose end; she would be the only one left alive (besides Walt and Jesse) who would know about Walt's arrest in the desert...