breaking bad season 5 ...lets smoke some glass

Comments

• I have a feeling Walt might come back to save Jesse from his slavery.

• the M60 has got to be for the nazi's when walt goes and gets his dough back. there is no way he's letting that shit slide!

• I'm kind of surprised at the fanaticism for this series compared to Boardwalk Empire which has started up again.

• I'm not at all. Boardwalk looks good, but it's not nearly as engaging, suspenseful, funny, or interesting.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    most intense watch since wallace in the wire?

crazy how VG tears down everything he build up in one episode. Well more or less.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    edith head said:
    I'm not at all. Boardwalk looks good, but it's not nearly as engaging, suspenseful, funny, or interesting.

"Mr. Thompson is everywhere. He's in the sky and sea. He's in the dreams of children at night. He's all that there is. Forever."

• That episode was something else - watched it all with a grimace on my face

• Guzzo said:
    tripledouble said:
    probably. you sound morally bankrupt

for real tho, walt is stupendously tragic. hank getting killed seems to kill heisenberg too, in my eyes. (until he totally sells jesse out)

why did jack leave walt with his life and a barrel of cash? what kind of sense did that make?

he said he did it due to the respect Meth Damon has for him. Also I'd imagine if the forced slavery of Jesse goes wrong he may of assumed he can come back to Walt for cooking lessons.

i mean, yeah..thats what aryan jack stands by. and that it can go "the other way" if "were not square" after a handshake. but thats a pretty sloppy loose end to leave after unexpectedly having to off two DEA agents. killing walt would have been a very neat wrap up.

and what the hell they need to make more meth for? 70 mill!!!! sit back and chill, aryans. buy yourselves that land in central america to start your little nazi paradise.

pretty sick that walt has to shake the hand of the dude who just officially put the last nail in his family's destruction

• With 70 mil they could buy about a billion shitty trucks and have a new ratty ass outfit for each day of the week-for life...until their great great great great great great great great grandchildren are dead and gone.

Dudes look like they are slumming it as is, not like successful business men. How does a ratty ass racist spend his money? Besides drugs and further crime adventures.

I predict Jessie for the win in the lab.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Controller_7 said:

I predict Jessie for the win in the lab.

I see this happening

b/w

RIP Todd 2012 - Ep. 7 season 5b

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    DOR said:
    I thought it was a bit odd that Jr. lied about Walt pulling a knife on his Skyler. But I guess he's messed up finding out all this shit.

He was just trying to get the police there and Walt out. Didn't Walt have the knife at that point anyhow?

It's not surprising they killed Hank (Norris even asked to be killed off because of all the new projects he's getting) but I still don't like it. I know this show is pushing the envelope but I still wanted the good guy to win in the end. Maybe even in a way that Walt repents, Hank makes the biggest drug cartel bust in history with Walts help and Walt and the family go into hiding. But I guess that's to happy go lucky for this show.

Plus the flash forward before of Walt retrieving the ricin from the boarded up house either means he's back in business or he's using it to kill himself. Given what a pussy he really is he might just kill himself which I'm fine with. I pretty much hate Walter at this point.

• I think he's coming back to KILL jesse. Why would he save him? Guilt, there is none in said sociopath. I think walt is going to kill jesse, walt's family, brock and mom, marie, the aryans and then move to eastern block and become a new god. The only thing that has ever got him off is respect and admiration. He's reliving his college years at all costs.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    volumen said:
    Plus the flash forward before of Walt retrieving the ricin from the boarded up house either means he's back in business or he's using it to kill himself.

There are easier ways of killing himself, like shooting himself in the head with that machine gun. In the flash forward from "Blood money" where he goes to retrieve the ricin, he has a fully grown beard & hair which means that he's been away for easily a month. Seeing as though he isn't aware that Jesse is the arian's slave he likely should assume that he's dead.

So, I'm thinking that Jesse can't help them produce the type of meth they were expecting so the arian brotherhood come after Walt's family in order to get him to come back & cook for them since that was part of the deal. The ricin is actually more likely aimed at the arian brotherhood particularly Jack. He can slip it in a cigarette, like he did with Brock, since Jack smokes. Jesse will likely survive.

• djwaxon said:
    That episode was something else - watched it all with a grimace on my face

Me too.
    Why did Walt try and save Hank? I mean, did he actually like Hank, or think there might be some possible version of the future in which both he and Hank/ Marie can coexist? Giving away the barrels to the aryan posse was, as my wife might say, a Dick Move.
    Overall it was really upsetting to see it all come on top like that. Poor Flynn. Now he won't want to drive that car no more.
    Hated the Jesse situation, which has shades of the Saw franchise in it.
    I guess there's no way back for the Walt 'n Jesse double act now Walt's twisted the knife.
    It's all bad from now to the end.
    Loved that music sequence. Love that music.

• Pinkman blows up the lab by giving bad instruction and kills all the Aryans, but he manages to escape.

He gets all the money and opens a chain of fast food chicken diners.

Walt takes a trip to Belize, Skyler and the family meet up with him there.

Walts suntan brings on his cancer again and he dies leaving the family with his money.

• Anyone else notice Walt's old pants that blew away from way back on the ground as he rolled the barrel?

• SP 1200 said:
    I'm kind of surprised at the fanaticism for this series compared to Boardwalk Empire which has started up again.

I'm not surprised, but yeah I feel you.

• edith head said:
    I'm not at all. Boardwalk looks good, but it's not nearly as engaging, suspenseful, funny, or interesting.

BE sons BB in every one of those categories...yes, even humor.

• jaysus said:
    . He's reliving his college years at all costs.

the fuck?

• badder_than_evil said:
    Anyone else notice Walt's old pants that blew away from way back on the ground as he rolled the barrel?

you got a screenshot of that?

• tripledouble said:
    i was actually wondering last week whether Jr. would run out the season without finding out about his pop.

of all possible fucked up outcomes/loose ends, this would have been the biggest possible one.

- kill Skylar/walt/fucking HOLLY? shocking but fans would get over it.
    - have the entire series end up being a prequel to Malcolm in the Middle? deal.
    - Aliens? cool.
    - the show ends with Walt Jr. never having discovered the true nature of his dad, who he idolized and ganged up on his beleagured mother with for whole seasons, and whose innocence was key to the entire psychological structure that allowed Walt to maintain his double life for the duration of the whole show?

not even the daring(!) BB producers would have been fucked up enough to do this IMO.

Walt Jr. absolutely had to find out somehow.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    badder_than_evil said:
    Anyone else notice Walt's old pants that blew away from way back on the ground as he rolled the barrel?

you got a screenshot of that?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    cookbook said:

Yeah, the way they echoed the Gus/cartel flashback with the killing of Hank makes me believe Walt is gearing up to exact revenge on the AB just as Gus took revenge on Don Eladio/the cartel.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    soulcitizen said:
    Pinkman blows up the lab by giving bad instruction and kills all the Aryans, but he manages to escape.

He gets all the money and opens a chain of fast food chicken diners.

Walt takes a trip to Belize, Skyler and the family meet up with him there.

Walts suntan brings on his cancer again and he dies leaving the family with his money.

Walt gets a new identity, meets a new wife. Has three sons. Names the middle one Malcolm. End of prequel.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    edith head said:

Says no one ever, except apparently you.

• phongone said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    edith head said:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    phongone said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    edith head said:

Both are really great shows. Just in different ways IMO. I don't find it all that shocking that a bunch of people don't like B.E.