Mad Men (Latte Pass)

1234579

  Comments


  • hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Oh, I wish I were that slick. Nice catch!

  • granjerogranjero 147 Posts
    That was funny. Thank fuck Don came back.
    That was a lot of episode.
    Good music sequence outside the door

  • rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    speed is a helluva drug.

  • Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    That was a weird ass episode.

  • DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,846 Posts

  • Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    DOR said:

    ^THAT^ was incredible.

  • The_NonThe_Non 5,690 Posts
    That episode was bananaz

  • fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    is anyone else finding this entire season to be boring, campy and seemingly pointless?

  • DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    is anyone else finding this entire season to be boring, campy and seemingly pointless?

    Yes, now it's actually starting to resemble a real advertising agency

  • thropethrope 750 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    is anyone else finding this entire season to be boring, campy and seemingly pointless?

    maybe if you only watch the show to see Don bang broads and CLOSE in meetings then this season would be boring, but i think its been great. last episode was a top5 all time mad men episode.

  • rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    nah dude acid episode > speed episode

  • fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    maybe if you only watch the show to see Don bang broads and CLOSE in meetings then this season would be boring, but i think its been great. last episode was a top5 all time mad men episode.

    that's not why i watch the show at all. i actually wish don would recede a bit in the story. some of the best, most interesting characters like the politco or the new, young jewish writer or don's new secretary are relegated to one or two lines per episode. something just feels really shallow and gimmicky about this season but i am hopeful this builds to something.

  • Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Didn't they have contract negotiations prior to this season? I bet that has a lot to do with why some characters have less screen time.

  • DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,846 Posts



  • thropethrope 750 Posts
    i maintain this season has been fantastic. loved don and roger in LA. big time generation gap. lots of laugh out loud moments overall.

  • thrope said:
    i maintain this season has been fantastic. loved don and roger in LA. big time generation gap. lots of laugh out loud moments overall.

    Last night was awesome

    Nice ascots!

  • hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Great episode last night. So glad Roger got dick-punched.

    I read that they're shaving Pete's hairline to make it recede more each season.

    I didn't get why Cutler put Benson on Chevy. Anyone?

  • DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,846 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    Great episode last night. So glad Roger got dick-punched.

    I read that they're shaving Pete's hairline to make it recede more each season.

    I didn't get why Cutler put Benson on Chevy. Anyone?

    A few episodes ago, when they were going through cuts. Didn't Joan save Bob's job by making the argument that Bob shouldn't be fired (Though it was really just her trying to do something nice for him in return) because he would be a better fit working with Ken on Chevy?

  • hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    DOR said:
    hogginthefogg said:
    Great episode last night. So glad Roger got dick-punched.

    I read that they're shaving Pete's hairline to make it recede more each season.

    I didn't get why Cutler put Benson on Chevy. Anyone?

    A few episodes ago, when they were going through cuts. Didn't Joan save Bob's job by making the argument that Bob shouldn't be fired (Though it was really just her trying to do something nice for him in return) because he would be a better fit working with Ken on Chevy?

    Oh, right! I guess that seed she planted worked.

  • rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Kinda irked by the stereotyping of Abe and Ginsberg this season.

    We get it, 1960's Jewish New Yorkers are going to be down with the civil rights movement; I just don't understand why the writers have to paint them as so neurotic/hysterical.

  • hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Kinda irked by the stereotyping of Abe and Ginsberg this season.

    We get it, 1960's Jewish New Yorkers are going to be down with the civil rights movement; I just don't understand why the writers have to paint them as so neurotic/hysterical.

    Ginzo's freaking out because of what Cutler said to him about his hypocrisy. He's genuinely breaking down over his own identity crisis, but it didn't take much. The kid's always been tightly wound, and I don't see that having much to do with Judaism.

  • rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    whatever the origins of their respective crises (and I would argue they have clear common antecedents in the whole societal-upheaval-leading-to-self-doubt-re:-their-career-and-family-choices), the fact remains that they're the two neurotic basket cases of the season.

  • hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    whatever the origins of their respective crises (and I would argue they have clear common antecedents in the whole societal-upheaval-leading-to-self-doubt-re:-their-career-and-family-choices), the fact remains that they're the two neurotic basket cases of the season.

    What about Pete's WASPy ass? I say he's still the one most likely to pull a Ron Browz a la the opening sequence.

  • white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Pete will "throw in a hotdog" but that's pretty much the extent of it

  • rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Pete's definitely cracking a little, one-by-one losing the privileges he took for granted.

    And obviously Don's becoming less and less self-assured as the season progresses.

    but Abe and Ginsberg are basically walking around these episodes wearing sandwich boards proclaiming their political views, not to mention melting down into hysterics as those views bump into their career/family choices.

    Pete may well melt down, too, but I don't see the WASPs on the show so overtly defined/enslaved by their political views. both Jewish dudes are pretty one-dimensional. Not so Pete.

  • white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Well at least Ginsburg isn't the young black secretary whose character is about as drawn in as a blank piece of loose-leaf. Honestly, for the choosiness of some of the class and racial subplots of this season, the discussion, or lack thereof, is pretty disappointing here on Soulstrut. But, hey, if '68 riots in Chicago is what you want, Medium Cool is getting the Blu-ray treatment on Criterion.

  • rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    white_tea said:
    Well at least Ginsburg isn't the young black secretary whose character is about as drawn in as a blank piece of loose-leaf. Honestly, for the choosiness of some of the class and racial subplots of this season, the discussion, or lack thereof, is pretty disappointing here on Soulstrut. But, hey, if '68 riots in Chicago is what you want, Medium Cool is getting the Blu-ray treatment on Criterion.

    I won't speak to the discussion or lack thereof here on the Strut (does that really bother you?).

    But I agree the secretary is pretty bad. clearly the writers went into this season thinking "well, we've got the civil rights thing going on in the backgorund this season so we better stick a Black character in there somehow."

    But the show is about white ad execs. It always has been. Any attempt to stick a Black *main* character in there was gonna feel contrived. And that's exactly how it feels.

  • hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Wow. I guess there is something worse than seeing your mom and dad have sex.

    I thought this piece was an interesting read on Bob's motives.

  • rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    nice to see Don unraveling, that's for sure.

  • DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,846 Posts
Sign In or Register to comment.