Mad Men (Latte Pass)

12345679»

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I've really enjoyed the last couple of eps.

Don and Peggy at the end... The whole scene at the restaurant and the zoom out.

Hate that we're gonna be waiting probably 8-12 to tie it all off.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Megan looking busted.

Julio...wtf. Horrible kid actor, lame subplot.

Why has Joan been hating so hard on Don lately?

Burt outro fell flat.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    He cost Joan 1 million dollars and she's not rich like the rest of them. That's why she hates him.

ah so it's compassionate-Joan-turned-cold-and-practical-through-her-suddenly-having-a-financial-stake-in-the-agency.

one of those character development thingys.

got it.

still, heavy handed IMO.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

Julio...wtf. Horrible kid actor, lame subplot.

I don't think it's a lame subplot. My take is that he's in the show to make Peggy feel the pangs of guilt over giving up her own son. I also think it's interesting that she's trying to make her way in the world, and part of that plan is to buy a fixer-upper (originally her belly-stabbed ex's idea, but now it's on her) and becoming a landlady. It speaks to oh-so-hot topic of gentrification, too.

And I don't just think it's just the money with Joan (Tho, it's really always about the money).

I think a big part of it was Don's whole reaction with how Joan ended up going through with the deal to get Jaguar on board. I think they both lost a bit of their bonds for eachother after that.

Also, Joan was upset with Don because he was turning into a massive egomaniac. Like nobody else mattered at the firm and he was the sole reason for their success. It pushed her over the edge when Don dropped Jaguar without disscusing with anyone else. Which ultimately had more to do with his ego than company business.

I read some article that said Julio is around the same age as her and Pete's kid would've been. That kind of ties into how she used Julio in her sales pitch.

I get that she feels pangs of guilt for having given up her son...and that there's now a kid in her bldg that's about the same age who she cares for.

That it?

Does it have to mean much? I didn't read a whole lot into it. Just figured kid hung around, she grew to like his company, it has some undertones of her own child, and that dynamic ended up influencing how she delivered a pitch. Gave her a certain perspective.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Can we get a finale bump for this thread? We're all dying to find out the myriad ways the show has disappointed ROOTLESSCOSMO in its final leg.

As for me, I'm posting most of my Paul Kinsey slashfic at waxidermy, where the discussion has been a little more lively this season (beware spoilers if you're not caught up).

I'm sad to see it all end. The show is still very enjoyable to me.

I will say this. I'm not completely on board with this whole Don turning into a hobo deal.

If there was ever a spin off. Who would you want it built around? Give me Roger & Peggy!

This shit... Kick in the feels!

Sometimes I feel like I need to just cut the whole show with only the family at the office. It's odd thing for me to think I'm happiest when everyone is at work or with the people from work.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    DOR said:

Every time I watch this gif, I expect Roger to pull a piece of paper out of a typewriter at the end, evidence of a youth spent watching the A-Team: