Explosions at the Boston Marathon.

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Harvey, Texas Ranger... saving the world from incompetent pussies one Internet post at a time.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    FortyFivan said:
    Harvey, Texas Ranger... saving the world from incompetent pussies one Internet post at a time.

Says another dude on the internet.

Get off it. Just withstand listening to a different perspective and move on.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    FortyFivan said:

Says another dude on the internet.

Get off it. Just withstand listening to a different perspective and move on.

A perspective with no basis in fact. Their has been no martial law declared. The lock down is totally voluntary because the citizens don't want to be killed and want to help the police find this maniac. I'm not a big fan of police and government but this in one case were you have to back off and be glad they are doing everything to find this person before he kills again.

All this talk about how they just happened to be doing a drill and that's suspicious is conspiracy nonsense. Have you been watching the news? Even the good friends of this wanted killer had no idea he was capably of such an act. So how exactly were the police suppose to prevent this when no one had a clue.

Part of being free is that we risk something tragic like this can happen. The only real way to prevent it is through permanent martial law with spy cameras on every block and in your home. I get the impression you wouldn't like that.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Would you like to engage in the discussion, or just comment on how the discussion is proceeding?

Sure.....as long as the personal insults are left out....I'm obviously not the only one who sees your personal attacks as deplorable...and I agree with virtually nothing Harvey has posted here.....I just find your personal attacks more offensive than his ideals..

IMO The Boston PD and local government had no choice but to do what they have done as far as keeping folks off the streets and try to insure their safety.......mainly because if they didn't, and people were killed or injured during their pursuit of this murderer, that they would have received a PR black eye and potential multi-million dollar lawsuits. This is a reflection on our litigious society moreso than a wussified one.

The fact that they were able to identify and find these dudes in such a short period of time tells me there was some good police work done.

Go ahead and be offended, Rock. You're pretty selective and arbitrary about what you find "offensive" anyway.

You seem to find my "insults" offensive, but have no problem with others insulting me or others insulting others. So, I take your "offense" with a grain of salt. For the record, I have found none of the insults directed towards me on this board, ever, to be offensive, and I would discourage anyone from being offended "for" me or on my behalf.

That said, welcome to the discussion! And you make very good points.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Yeah, since when is it a good thing to allow a terrorist to completely shut down a city like that? I understand the shock of what's happened, but one dude on the loose shouldn't be posing such a widespread threat.

I don't like any of this overbearing police state bs and the precedent it's setting moving forward.

It's very telling of the times we live in. Just like a while back in California when they were chasing Christopher Dorner. Can one individual REALLY be that dangerous? Come on.

Horseleech said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Good police work would have PREVENTED the bombing in the first place.

And you would be the first to rail against said 'good police work' and you're the first to rail against the lack of it.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't with some people.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Da Vinylmentalist said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Yeah, since when is it a good thing to allow a terrorist to completely shut down a city like that? I understand the shock of what's happened, but one dude on the loose shouldn't be posing such a widespread threat.

I don't like any of this overbearing police state bs and the precedent it's setting moving forward.

It's very telling of the times we live in. Just like a while back in California when they were chasing Christopher Dorner. Can one individual REALLY be that dangerous? Come on.

Is that a serious question?

A motivated individual could take out a stadium full of people with the right kind of weapon. If these guys were a little better at making bombs, the death toll in Boston would be in the hundreds.

This guy on the run right now could take a whole school hostage if he still has any bombs on him.

HarveyCanal said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Word. It would be much better to have more people killed or injured.

Harvey with his finger on the pulse, again!

The cops on this case (as they were in the Dorner case) are obviously borderline, if not complete incompetents. Had this happened in Texas, dude woulda been tooken out by a strapped citizen by now.

But no, let's all go hide in our closets while the booted idiots of our society sort it out for us.

C'mon now, America. What the fuck has happened to you/us?

Your living in a total fantasy world. However I bet the NRA has a good spokesman position for you. Read some stories about the old west and how cowboys would get drunk and shoot towns up while armed civilians did nothing to stop them and waited for the Marshall to come from miles away. Then the law would quite often just shoot the criminal down in the street. Sounds great! Oh and guess what, that stuff went on in your great state all the time.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Why is everybody forgetting about Dre in all this?

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    edit

• Rockadelic said:
    I agree with virtually nothing Harvey has posted here.....I just find your personal attacks more offensive than his ideals...

not to stoke the side show, but rock that is really on point.

crabmongerfunk said:
    Rockadelic said:
    I agree with virtually nothing Harvey has posted here.....I just find your personal attacks more offensive than his ideals...

Good. Nothing makes me happier than offending you, crab. Hypocrite.

b/w

Way to edit your comment, pal. Too scared particpate in this discusssion?

My work is done.

• crabmongerfunk said:
    Rockadelic said:

I don't think name calling has any place in a serious innernet discussion/debate.
    I save that for jokes with the homies in real life. It's more effective verbally.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Bong bong.

This is pretty amazing. I had no idea this was how they were able to ID these guys.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-19/boston-bombing-victim-in-iconic-photo-helped-identify-attackers.html

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I think it's safe to say at least we're all in agreement that it's a relief they got him and nobody else was hurt, no?

FortyFivan said:
    I think it's safe to say at least we're all in agreement that it's a relief they got him and nobody else was hurt, no?

Of course. That's all that matters. And seeing how the police have gone home and the streets are filled with freely moving groups of cheering citizen I think we've managed to avoid become a fascist state for at least another day.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    This one is for Harvey:

:lol:

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    guardian service..

The FBI has revealed that in 2011 Tamerlan was interviewed by its agents at the request of an unnamed foreign government ??? widely reported to have been Russia - who asked the bureau to look into whether Tamerlan, then 24, had extremist connections.

sounds like massive FBI fail

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    mickalphabet said:
    guardian service..

The FBI has revealed that in 2011 Tamerlan was interviewed by its agents at the request of an unnamed foreign government ??? widely reported to have been Russia - who asked the bureau to look into whether Tamerlan, then 24, had extremist connections.

sounds like massive FBI fail

Not necessarily so. He could've been radicalized without having any connections with organizations.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    This one is for Harvey:

And these are the guys supposedly at the heart of an incredibly complex "false flag" operation co-ordinated with mathematical precision involving actors, fake pyro, prosthetics & blood, black ops personnel, regular military, foreign nationals, sleeper cells and fuck knows who/what else..?

DocMcCoy said:
    Duderonomy said:
    This one is for Harvey:

And these are the guys supposedly at the heart of an incredibly complex "false flag" operation co-ordinated with mathematical precision involving actors, fake pyro, prosthetics & blood, black ops personnel, regular military, foreign nationals, sleeper cells and fuck knows who/what else..?

The FBI has a substantial track record of creating, arming, training, and directing sleeper cells just so they can later go on record as taking them down.

• DocMcCoy said:
    Duderonomy said:
    This one is for Harvey:

No they are not invloved, but these guys might be:

HarveyCanal said:

These are Private security contractors, very likely with experience in Iraq and Afghanistan. Most of these guys used to work for the CIA too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/blackwater-cia

So could you please answer this question. What were private security contractors (with probable CIA ties) doing at the Boston marathon before the bombing?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

So could you please answer this question. What were private security contractors (with probable CIA ties) doing at the Boston marathon before the bombing?

Security?

b/w

• Duderonomy said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

Security?

b/w

They did a hell of a shitty job by not preventing the bombing then didn't they? Especially for ex-special forces with military experience in Iraq and Afghanistan where they must have encountered similar situations.