Explosions at the Boston Marathon.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Did you see the telephone pole bending back and forth before the explosion??

Obvious ultra-sonic waves from a missle.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Did you see the telephone pole bending back and forth before the explosion??

Obvious ultra-sonic waves from a missle.

So you are saying it's doctored?

If so, I can live with that.

But they same anomaly is on the official CNN version as well.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    You mean when every camera there was trained on the factory fire instead of the sky?

Really? Nobody was looking at the giant smoke cloud rising from the explosion?

Here's a photo taken a minute or so after the explosion - no missile trail:

Here's another from a different angle, no trail here either:

Third angle, no trail:

There's more, but I think you get the idea.

Yep, I see what what you see in those photos as far as no trail.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    2:50 Eastern is the official moment of silence. Reposted from Facebook:

It has been an extremely emotional week for all of us. For me, the horror in Boston has been mingled with the joys and fears that come with the impending birth of my first child. These may not seem like related events, but they are, and it all came home to me how yesterday on my way home from my brother's house in eastern Massachusetts, where my family had just celebrated a baby shower. I was driving home with all of the baby's gifts when a song came on the radio that brought into clear focus what I've been trying to figure out all week, which is what to make of all of this.

And here it is: We, as a species, are compassionate, kind, generous, and caring. When we are hurt, hungry, in danger, or in need, there is always someone somewhere looking to help. We are possessed of an innate, instinctual drive to protect each other, and this is never more in evidence than when we face a crisis together.

So thank you. All of you. For all of the kind acts you have performed in your life, and all of those that you will. If I had a drink in hand, I'd toast you all.

And this is the song that had me full-on weeping on the highway. Silently, of course, because I am a man, and that's how we cry. But full-on nonetheless. The lyrics are a bit gritty, but fuck it. So are we.

• Horseleech said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

So could you please answer this question. What were private security contractors (with probable CIA ties) doing at the Boston marathon before the bombing?

Security?

b/w

They did a hell of a shitty job by not preventing the bombing then didn't they? Especially for ex-special forces with military experience in Iraq and Afghanistan where they must have encountered similar situations.

So do you recognize these guys or something?

How do you know they are ex-Special Forces or Blackwater? (which are two different things, btw)

Blackwater are ex-Special Forces. Most are former Navy Seals, paratroopers. These guys dress like your typical security contractor.

Whatever they were precisely payed to do at the event, it was very likely a waste of tax payer dollars.

• thropethrope 750 Posts

Da Vinylmentalist said:
    Blackwater are ex-Special Forces. Most are former Navy Seals, paratroopers. These guys dress like your typical security contractor.

Not necessarily, they could be anyone.

And how do you that's who the guys in the photo are? From the way they're dressed?

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

And how do you that's who the guys in the photo are? From the way they're dressed?

Makes sense to me!

And those guys that wear Affliction and TapOut gear must be MMA stars.

• i didn't read through all of missile gate, but has it been mentioned that its not the actual fertilizer that ignites but the methane fumes surrounding it? if an interior wall collapsed away from where the fire was already burning it could have pushed the fumes up and out until they met up with the flames 100 or so feet above the factory and ignite downwards towards the building in a missile-like fashion.

that's just what science says though.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_City_Disaster

Start simple, work out. Don't start conspiracy and work in, it's embarrassing.

• Horseleech said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

Whatever they were, they were payed by the government to provide security. They failed.

Da Vinylmentalist said:
    Whatever they were, they were payed by the government to provide security.

One more time - how do you know that?

• soooooooo......... THIS happened.

Two men arrested over ???al-Qaeda inspired??? plan to attack a Via Rail train in Toronto area: RCMP

al-Qaeda connected dudes were gonna flip a train headed from new york to toronto until they got got.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:
    Whatever they were, they were payed by the government to provide security.

One more time - how do you know that?

Their clothes. Cargo pants and black puffy jackets are a dead give away for private security contractor, ala Blackwater/ Ex-Navy SEAL.

Come on, McFly! Think!

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    The_Non said:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

Start simple, work out. Don't start conspiracy and work in, it's embarrassing.

Thank you for posting this. It will fall upon ignoring eyes...but it's nice to see some sanity in the midst of this shit show.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    soooooooo......... THIS happened.

Two men arrested over ???al-Qaeda inspired??? plan to attack a Via Rail train in Toronto area: RCMP

al-Qaeda connected dudes were gonna flip a train headed from new york to toronto until they got got.

But it didn't happen. And it didn't happen to the extent that al Qaeda, a Sunni organization, and Iran, a Shi'ai country, have had a less than friendly relationship and the chances that Iran would get itself involved in some haphazard, badly planned train derailment for its first act of war on international soil on account of an organization that has bad-mouthed it is pretty low. But hell, anything is possible. Let's wait and see....because you know, neither Tsarnaev brother was a brown-skinned man from Morocco and the man they murdered in London after the 2005 train bombings was just wearing a winter coat on a hot day.

The Brown Peoples/Muslims/Arabs did it!!! is becoming like SStrut's RIP -insert artist name here-.

You read The National Post????

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    soooooooo......... THIS happened.

Love how they seem to know when to pull the rabbit out of the hat.

• bassie said:

You read The National Post????

no. no I dont. it was just first result when I googled "Via rail Toronto flip". sponsored link conservatism agenda-R.

and yeah, pretty odd how all these terrorist plots are revealed in the weeks after an occurrence. just thought the story was worth mentioning.

remember, I'm a reasonable human being? i literally clapped when i saw the wiki entry for Occam's razor posted.

vintageinfants said:

remember, I'm a reasonable human being? i literally clapped when i saw the wiki entry for Occam's razor posted.

Ha, sorry, yes.

'start simple, work out' - that, I understand.
    Otherwise, I am on my second reading of the Occam's razor explanation and I don't understand half of it. I will try again tomorrow after some sleep.

bassie said:
    vintageinfants said:

Ha, sorry, yes.

'start simple, work out' - that, I understand.
    Otherwise, I am on my second reading of the Occam's razor explanation and I don't understand half of it. I will try again tomorrow after some sleep.

No need to wade through most of that, the intro paragraph on the Wiki sums it up proper: "among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected".

It's usually stated as something like 'the simplest explanation is most likely to be correct', but that's not really it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

and yeah, pretty odd how all these terrorist plots are revealed in the weeks after an occurrence.

Probably to go with this narrative

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/commentary/editorials/governments-sudden-need-to-debate-terror-bill-smacks-of-opportunism/article11451046/

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Da Vinylmentalist said:

So could you please answer this question. What were private security contractors (with probable CIA ties) doing at the Boston marathon before the bombing?

Security?

b/w

They did a hell of a shitty job by not preventing the bombing then didn't they? Especially for ex-special forces with military experience in Iraq and Afghanistan where they must have encountered similar situations.

So do you recognize these guys or something?

How do you know they are ex-Special Forces or Blackwater? (which are two different things, btw)

I do.

Batman & Spiderman. I don't think either are ex-Special Forces or Blackwater though.

Look, y'all think I fall for every conspiracy theory. I don't. I explore them all though, in that I don't believe a single thing the government/mainstream media says ever. Most give them the benefit of the doubt in that they reason that people might lie but not all of the time. But nope, I believe that they lie 100% of the time. And that they aren't really people. But whatever.

What isn't a lie is that the government figured out a way to roll out their martial law psyop and consensus unfortunately seems to be, fuck if our rights just got stomped into dust. Hooray USA no matter what!

And frankly, I don't care what puts me on the other side of the fence from that. Crazy will do. Not that it's actually that. I live a well adjusted life that about as orderly as it gets. It's just that I don't necessarily buy into whatever scientific methods or paths of logical thinking or whatever that get all of us right back into the position of playing cheerleader for our own worst enemies. So again, whatever gets me away from I would call the brainwashed herd sounds good to me.

Duderonomy said:
    Batman & Spiderman. I don't think either are ex-Special Forces or Blackwater though.

Oh great, drop their code names in public - you've totally compromised them now...

Oh yeah, I meant these guys:

And if you know their code names try and keep it under your hat for once.

HarveyCanal said:
    Look, y'all think I fall for every conspiracy theory. I don't. I explore them all though, in that I don't believe a single thing the government/mainstream media says ever. Most give them the benefit of the doubt in that they reason that people might lie but not all of the time. But nope, I believe that they lie 100% of the time. And that they aren't really people. But whatever.

What isn't a lie is that the government figured out a way to roll out their martial law psyop and consensus unfortunately seems to be, fuck if our rights just got stomped into dust. Hooray USA no matter what!

And frankly, I don't care what puts me on the other side of the fence from that. Crazy will do. Not that it's actually that. I live a well adjusted life that about as orderly as it gets. It's just that I don't necessarily buy into whatever scientific methods or paths of logical thinking or whatever that get all of us right back into the position of playing cheerleader for our own worst enemies. So again, whatever gets me away from I would call the brainwashed herd sounds good to me.

Believing that 100% of what the media reports is true is just as wacky as believing that 100% of what they report is lies.

Harvey, weren't you employed in the Media? Do you have first hand stories of everything being reported by your employer being purposeful lies and if so, how did one of those pre-press meetings go?

Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Believing that 100% of what the media reports is true is just as wacky as believing that 100% of what they report is lies.

Harvey, weren't you employed in the Media? Do you have first hand stories of everything being reported by your employer being purposeful lies and if so, how did one of those pre-press meetings go?

I did music journalism, bro. But I will say that the Political News department at the Chronicle, while good-intentioned, put out a product that is 100% counterproductive to even their own stated goals. In other words, they keep thinking they're good because they seemingly win individual battles, all the while they are getting slaughtered in the overall war.

HarveyCanal said:
    I did music journalism, bro. But I will say that the Political News department at the Chronicle, while good-intentioned, put out a product that is 100% counterproductive to even their own stated goals. In other words, they keep thinking they're good because they seemingly win individual battles, all the while they are getting slaughtered in the overall war.

In your estimation what % of what they reported were straight out lies?

Newspaper reporter ranked worst job

Taking into consideration factors such as physical demands, work environment, income, stress and hiring.

Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

In your estimation what % of what they reported were straight out lies?

They aren't a mainstream media outlet, but an alternative rag that doesn't necessarily take orders from central managers as do Fox, CBS, NBC, CNN, Yahoo, etc. While the Chronicle will often regurgitate and play reactionary to mainstream media lies, it's not really in a position to be crafting overall public perception of mainstream events. It's just highly misguided in its half-assed approach is all.