NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    OKC = media princess....they havn't really accomplished anything to be considered an elite team....their big highlight was taking The Lakers to 6 games last year.....the new, old Nuggets

Memphis = nice squad..good rebounding team.....will have trouble grinding it out against more physical teams

Chicago = they'll need to make a trade for another scorer....if this were the old NBA where u could knock dudes to the ground when they get in the paint, Rose would take a beating

Dallas = great shooting team..... with no Butler, eventually Peja and Terry will have to put the ball on the floor and get to the basket

Miami = all talent, no brains

Boston = great coach, big heart

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    it's difficult to root for miami or boston because they both manufactured championship caliber teams with off season moves. i like chicago because of rose, but i don't see them getting past miami.

in the west, it would be nice to see one of the small market teams advance to the finals.

a chicago/mephis (or okc) finals would be a big middle finger to the big 3 concept

also, if the nba continues to have these all-star teams, they might as well consolidate the league. nobody wants to pay to see a team full of non-stars ( i see this as a sixers fan).

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    edpowers said:
    For the record...the people in the lower bowl at Staples Center aren't real Lakers fans....the people watching the games on TV and in the 300 level hate those people.

This! I love how you, rock, generalize an entire fanbase on such superficial shit. The real fans are in the 200s and 300s and we despise courtside celebrities and 100s fans. But you know what, whatevs stick to your preconceived bullshit. And im pretty sure there are more die hard laker fans than there are mavs, so get over these corny generalizations about our fake tit celebrity fans.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    fckvwls said:
    edpowers said:
    For the record...the people in the lower bowl at Staples Center aren't real Lakers fans....the people watching the games on TV and in the 300 level hate those people.

This! I love how you, rock, generalize an entire fanbase on such superficial shit. The real fans are in the 200s and 300s and we despise courtside celebrities and 100s fans. But you know what, whatevs stick to your preconceived bullshit. And im pretty sure there are more die hard laker fans than there are mavs, so get over these corny generalizations about our fake tit celebrity fans.

"The trouble with being a good sport is that you have to lose to prove it."

b/w

My generalization of all Laker fans would have been much less flattering if I had based it on you.

Thats fair enough lets agree to disagree. We both made generalizations that werent warranted. That being said dallas aint winning shit, and i already bet it. So put your money where your mouth is or shut the fuck up.

I love all you shit talkers and when it comes time to prove it or put your money where your mouth is, all crickets.

"i only got money for raers." GTFOOHWTBS

Db cooper: you can discount most of those boston rings, as those were won in an era when bill russell and few blacks were allowed to play.

Yah that was just said, deal.

M I A M I

• Options
    fckvwls said:
    Db cooper: you can discount most of those boston rings, as those were won in an era when bill russell and few blacks were allowed to play.

Yah that was just said, deal.

No one has to deal. The comment is stupid and untrue.

On the other hand 5 of the Lakers titles were won in the Mikan years when it WAS true.

No comment you clearly know nothing of sports nomore.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    wow.

A

E

I

O

I do not deal in the past only modern era. You can discount those five mikan titles. I love oscar, elgin, wilt, bill etc, but real basketball took off in 80s when it was truly competitive. Any arguments otherwise are a fail. When you have 3-4 superstars in a league only, what kind of competition is that? Theres a reason why MJ is the greatest of all time, and he played in the modern era. Do you even watch basketball?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    fckvwls said:
    I do not deal in the past only modern era. You can discount those five mikan titles. I love oscar, elgin, wilt, bill etc, but real basketball took off in 80s when it was truly competitive. Any arguments otherwise are a fail. When you have 3-4 superstars in a league only, what kind of competition is that? Theres a reason why MJ is the greatest of all time, and he played in the modern era. Do you even watch basketball?

You're in quicksand, dude.

• Options
    fckvwls said:
    No comment you clearly know nothing of sports nomore.

Let me guess, you think "Mikan" is a hockey player from Sweden or something.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    wow you are new so 'ill let you in on some stuff
    first rock has followed basketball at all levels for over 20years
    secondly he's the first to put's his $$ where his mouth is
    however i doubt anyone wants to engage you
    you make yuichi look like a buddhist monk as a laker fan
    calm down we are used to beef but sports beef (especially when your team lost) is retarded
    go to a sports board to vent or stand outside laker stadium ranting

Aight im done w this thread the rest of yall can engage each other in circle jerking peace out

pcmr said:

first rock has followed basketball at all levels for over 40years

You're too kind....used to go watch the pre-Dr. J Nets as a kid.

b/w

I'm also the guy who said Derrick Rose would be just another Memphis State flop.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    I don't think any of the mavs fans *were* saying we'd win anything going forward. And no one was really talkin shit on the Lakers outside of the BS fouls (that most of the universe agrees were a black eye on a proud franchise) until someone came in w/ the major sour grapes routine.....

Some people gamble, some people don't. The enjoyment of the game is enough rush for me. Not even the game so much as the enjoyment of living and dying with a team that you care about no matter how many times they've let you down.

Looking ahead to the WCF, I think the Mavs will have a definite advantage in the Head Coaching matchup.

You sound poor.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    hi dudes.
    like yuki 3 years ago-- on keyboard roids.
    fuck a laker fan! they're done! nap time! keep runnin' up that post count though, you've got nothing but nuggets of basketball superscience dropping in here.

there's maybe 3 people in here that i would even consider checking their nba-related posts. yikes. what a shitshow.

this okc/mem series is way more fun to watch than any laker series from the last 3 seasons. deal

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Looks like that Pau Gasol "worst trade ever" is working out pretty well for Memphis......

They end up with Marc Gasol,Grevais Vasquez,Darrell Arthur, cash to give Randolph his extension and draft position to get Mayo.

• Options
    fckvwls said:
    You sound like a wet fart.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Tony Allen couldn't win in a pickup game of 1 on empty gym.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    The dropped pass was terrible and ultimately very costly.
    Westbrook almost cost OKC the game but durant came along and took over
    I still wish Mo Cheeks was a head coach but i am sure he is happy now

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    fckvwls said:

most of this is gibberish, but i've said for a long time (to anyone who cares to listen) that there's no denying that "modern" basketball is leaps and bounds beyond the olden days.

i'd go farther though and say that while mj may be the goat, take a look at the non-stars of that era and compare them to the guys playing now. the nba draft in the 80s used to be like 10 rounds. now, if you are not a first rounder, you can basically forget about getting in the league. not only are the US players much, much better, but we now draw from an international pool.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yawn

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    How about this: Rick Carlisle said Dirk is one of the top 10 players of all time. Agree? Disagree?

DJ_Enki said:
    How about this: Rick Carlisle said Dirk is one of the top 10 players of all time. Agree? Disagree?

Disagree.....ridiculous statement.......Top 20....maybe.....Top 25......yeah.

batmon said:
    yawn

Really....it's time to try a new position.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    fell asleep during the Memphis OKC game, woke up to find out it was a triple OT game. DAM