NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    The rumor is a Laker wife blew up Gasol's relationship with his fiance who dumped him.

• Snapping said:
    There is gonna be gossip and stories about what went down behind the scenes amongst the Lakers in that final series. They didn't even play like a team in game four.

There was already some small talk about Pau Gasol getting mad at one of his teammates because that teammate's wife led Gasol's fiance to leave him. They don't mention names, but I'm sure it had to have been Kobe. Either Kobe or Derek Fisher or Artest, because I don't know how many members of the Lakers are married. Oh, wait. And Odom, too. But he doesn't count. He plays as if he's oblivious to most of what's going on.

As for Dallas, congratulations on such a huge accomplishment. Not only did you defeat the defending 2-time champions, you swept them off their feet.

Either team in the WCF is a tough matchup for Dallas, but so was Portland.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:

this is avery good window for the mavs.

Mr. Johnson says that's the Freudian Slip From Hell!!!!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Damn...that elbow to Barrea's ribcage and ensuing faceplant looked brutal as hell.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    What a week!!!

Nothing much needs to be said about the classlessness which the Lakers exhibited. When you done went out and married the fat fucking Kardashian, shit can't get much lower anyway. Bynum pulling off his jersey was John Cena-esque. Maybe we'll get lucky and the fans will just burn that city down after this.

Smh

Electrode said:
    Damn...that elbow to Barrea's ribcage and ensuing faceplant looked brutal as hell.

Honestly, Bynum is just a kid and I'd chalk it up to immaturity.

Artest and Odom's on the other hand were both flat out bitch moves..

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i have no problem with intentional hard fouls.

but doing it when your down by a bunch isnt cool.

i like clothlines and elbows to the temple.

bring that shit back.

GenePontecorvo said:
    Either team in the WCF is a tough matchup for Dallas, but so was Portland.

thunder have no low post threat. ibaka and perk dont scare me.

westbrook is still young and erratic and durant cant post up consistantly.

Rockadelic said:
    Electrode said:

How about Jason Terry's "bitch move" in the regular season game against LA when Dallas was losing ? Players don't forget things like that....especially when a team is up by almost 30 in a 3-0 series and still firing up threes.

I'm not defending Bynum and Artest.....but it goes both ways

Lamar's ejection was nothing more than a flagrant 1.....Dirk sold it well

edpowers said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Electrode said:

How about Jason Terry's "bitch move" in the regular season game against LA when Dallas was losing ? Players don't forget things like that....especially when a team is up by almost 30 in a 3-0 series and still firing up threes.

I'm not defending Bynum and Artest.....but it goes both ways

Lamar's ejection was nothing more than a flagrant 1.....Dirk sold it well

Agreed on all counts

The more deserving team won....The Mavs are the best shooting team I've ever seen and it seems Carlisle has finally figured out how to coach a complete game....

Dallas would be a lock to win the Championship with Caron

Mavs v Heat is going to be a great Finals

The Lakers had a nice run but the game finally passed Phil Jackson and his coaching staff....those old dudes were still coaching 90's ball.....

Go Mavs....I guess

edpowers said:

Go Mavs....I guess

You're either with us or against us.....none of this half-assed support.

b/w

Every friggin year Dork gets better.....the final possible criticism of him was he was soft and wouldn't go to the hoop.
    Dude has passed the Charmin on to Pauline Gasol

Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:

Go Mavs....I guess

You're either with us or against us.....none of this half-assed support.

b/w

Every friggin year Dork gets better.....the final possible criticism of him was he was soft and wouldn't go to the hoop.
    Dude has passed the Charmin on to Pauline Gasol

i agree but u have to admit that the changes dont come from dork. yes hes learned to get to the hole , but thr reason they are better is due to chandlers defense. no one on the previous teams came with that extra shit.

combined with the changes in the west coast landscape. they have been able to sustain thier core while utah,san antonio,la, and denver have deteriorated.

i had the lakers going all the way cause i couldnt put my money on dallas back in oct due to thier playoff history.
    i wouldnt be mad at dudes who were skeptical 3 weeks ago.

it took dork gettin the right help regradless of his game to get them this deep. thats not a knock on him.

batmon said:

i agree but u have to admit that the changes dont come from dork. yes hes learned to get to the hole , but thr reason they are better is due to chandlers defense. no one on the previous teams came with that extra shit.

combined with the changes in the west coast landscape. they have been able to sustain thier core while utah,san antonio,la, and denver have deteriorated.

i had the lakers going all the way cause i couldn't put my money on dallas back in oct due to thier playoff history.
    i wouldnt be mad at dudes who were skeptical 3 weeks ago.

it took dork getting the right help regardless of his game to get them this deep. thats not a knock on him.

I was skeptical 3 weeks ago......there was a 3-4 week stretch early in the season where the Mav's looked like the best team in the League....Butler going down was a tough blow.....and you're right, they have never surrounded Dork with what any team needs to win a ring.

But make no mistake, I've watched Dirk from when he was a skinny kid with one of the prettiest shots of all time and not much else....he made himself a rebounder....became a decent passer....learned to play above average D....and now goes to the hoop. What player, at 32 years old is still improving their game? I know how lucky Dallas has been to have such a great player who has won 50 games every year regardless of what he had around him. Truly a Top 50 All-Time NBA'er and the best Euro ever imo

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    .there was a 3-4 week stretch early in the season where the Mav's looked like the best team in the League

This is true.

Andrew Bynum is serial with the hard fouls. Stern needs to slap about 10 games on him to start next year.

I had Lakers in 6. I didn't believe in my team. I spent the last month and a half DOGGING Jason Eugene Terry. Who are these Mavericks?

Dirk was never soft. If you thought he was you were a dumbass. Odom got mad cos 41 blocked his "practice shot". Dirk does this on every occasion he's had to do it in every game I've watched him play ever.

WCF will be tough. Finals will be tougher. I feel the Mavs are guaranteed nothing now so I'ma savor this butt-fucking.

Smh indeed.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I wasn't able to watch most of the games, but some of you dudes are funny. lol

What next year, Lakers get D. Howard and shit's a wrap (again). We'll always be in contention for a title. Frankly, the shit was getting boring.....time to blow the shit up and move on!

GO GRIZZLIES!

Dirk has never been soft...I've seen dude take a pounding in many games and carry average teams on his back.

Gasol is soft as baby shit.... ...trying to play out of character killed his game.....Pau is a great player but The Lakers coaches and Lakers fans need to stop expecting dude to be something he's not.

It's hilarious listening to these ex-players talk about Andrew's foul....of course the foul was excessive and it deserves punishment but the outrage is silly......

edpowers said:
    t the outrage

Well, it was outrageous. He mad at his guards and teammates, hustle knockin some dude that is 5'4". Weaksauce. And why are you taking your shirt off? No one cares. Total loser moves.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This Spurs fan is on the Dallas bandwagon.

• Options
    It's probably time to stop using 'Dork.'

I ain't mad about it though. Was glad to see JJB finish the game. It was definitely a dangerous play though.

Ed, I wasn't saying you were the dumbass.

Also I actually do not want to see LA burn either.

It will be nice to sit back and watch the rest of the Conference Semis from the Clubhouse.

Dallas needs to win it all.

a loss against an inexperienced memphis or okc would kill the story

and losing to to miami would cement the Dork.

celtics are the vets so i wouldnt be harsh.

the bulls havent been that deep so there should be no excuse there.

this the window on the real.

Dallas never had to deal with the Lakers in the playoff before and handled them with extreme prejudice.

Corey Brewer FTW.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    yuichi said:
    I wasn't able to watch most of the games

NAP TIMES REVEALED

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    yuichi said:
    I wasn't able to watch most of the games

NAP TIMES REVEALED

funniest thing i've read today.

and yes, i DID read today's garfield.

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    Dallas is not winning shit, they may have swept my lakers but thats bout it. Theyre not beating miami, nuff said. They flopped against a one man show team in '06. Not even sure they can beat memphis....

Sir Charles can suck it as well, although i give him props for actually predicting the outcome. Dallas as a team will not have a bench able to sustain > 50% from beyond arc. Teams that live by the three die by it. Does anyone remember when GSW shot lights out and wiped the floor w the number one Mavs that yr?

As much as it pains my, and i loathe LBJ, if they can beat celtics, the title is most assuredly theirs. They have a much better perimeter d than lakers, and two top five players. They will NOT lose to mavs. In fact memphis would put up a better fight.

On another note if rumors are true bout paulina vagasol, then wow. Woulda thought itd be the fat kardashian and not kobes wife, as shes in no position to give marital advice.

Either way will be fun to see all the off season laker drama. Will be sad to lose bynum etc, but bring on superman! Haters always gon hate, but lakers are perennial contenders and we will see yall in finals again raising more banners.

the gsw upset has nothing to do with this current dallas roster.

fuck miami