NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2011 in Strut Central
Go Pacers!

Comments

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    GO NUGGETS

• Go Celtics! (despite their so so end of the season)

• Options
    InnerSpace said:
    Go Celtics! (despite their so so end of the season)

I'm not optimistic, but who knows.

• L.A.K.E.R.S.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    bulls over pacers. rose mvp. scrappy/entertaining 5 game series. collison was on fire today.
    miami over philly. bummer. probably a sweep. collins coach of the year.
    boston over new york. the L wouldn't have it any other way. 6 game bummer.
    atlanta over orlando. only upset i see in the east. 7 game free throw contest.

San Antonio over the grizz. Z-bo's emotional outbursts will be great. he will have a game or two of mind boggling numbers. 5 gamer. (that's as far as i see the spurs going w/o manu)
    lakers over hornets in a sweep. snoozefest.
    portland over dallas. portland is playing fantastic at the right time. throwing wallace at dirk on the perimeter will shut down the jumper. dirk's not going inside enough to make up for it. 6 gamer, barring injury to any of the blazers starters.
    OKC over denver in a 7 game offensive slugfest. this one is the western series i'm most looking forward to.

• Go Kings...no really go..

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    cove said:
    GO NUGGETS

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i was thinking of batmon at the end of that chicago match...so close
    Howard can't do it himself and some of these Technicals are getting out of hand (the refs are just Ting up at will)
    The heat should be playing playoff ball instead of exhibition style victories in this cakewalk (collins for coach of the year still) they will need to man up later down the road not high five each other

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Derrick Rose =

I'm looking forward to the East Conf bloodbath.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Even though the pacers lost I was impressed by them. They seemingly got to the paint at will. The bulls d looked hopeless plus they were fouling a lot. On offense the bulls were playing on the outside a lot and whenever rose drove he was mostly looking for his own shot rather than trying to create for others, plus rose's jumper was not falling. Even with the pacers up however, I though rose was going to try to take over at the end and he did.

• As much as I like the Magic, the one man Dwight show isn't gonna get very far. That loss was just terrible. It's nice that Jameer showed up for the second half, but really who else can score big??

Bulls I expect will be shut down by some of the better D's. OKC is the outside pick, they could surprise.....

Celts, well... I can hope, but I really don't see it happening, they'll take out the Knicks, but I don't see them getting far this time. Shame.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Rose can't do it alone.....but he kinda is.

Lakers lose while I was taking a nap.

First time I saw Memphis play this season. Wow, they've got great chemistry.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    imagine if NOrleans actually had decent free-throw shooting! Bynum jumpers and kobe injury scares
    KOBE is killing it and wants the 3peat especially in the zenmasters ''final'' season
    matt barnes needs to step up and shannon brown is a defensive liability
    Ronron seems to take the team on a merry go round everytime he touches the ball (let alone demands it)

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The Spurs are looking kinda 2007 Mavericks-ish.

• Watching that Portland/Dallas game last night I was certain the TrailBlazers would pull out a victory. But despite the loss, I still think that Portland is the better team and could possibly get past them.

Watching Memphis play today, I wouldn't be shocked if they upset the Spurs in this series. But somehow the Spurs always keep composure and do what they need to do to adjust and apply on the court.

New Orleans. WOW. That Kobe fall at the end of the 1st half looked nasty. The chances of them getting a 3-peat are slimmer and closer to none. If they meet Oklahoma City, Durantula and Crew will handle them. I think.

New York/Boston is going to be the series I enjoy the most. Now with both teams relevant again, all is well in the basketball world when the Garden is rocking in the postseason.

• AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

My Hornets lookin calm and collected.
    Did this without our leading scorer and a really new team, very impressive.

Oh, and we have a really good free throw game, it was off horribly last night.

Where you at Yuichi? AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Anyway, great game and I'm no fool, so I'll enjoy this now and expect
    a viscous response from Kobe and Gasoul.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

Looking like the B's with that photo posting fail. :down:

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Spurs have trouble with big teams

Paul > Rose

Portland is never as good as people think they are

Denver got robbed...but who wants to see Denver play in Round 2

Granger is a good Pippen....Hansbrough is a good Rodman..................

Phila.....ZZZzzzzZzzzzz

Same ole Melo

Larry Drew > that dude with the beard

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Splashed out on some tickets to the Bulls-Pacers game last night -- 16th row, dead-center: Good times!

Chicago, so far, is sort of a double-edged sword. On one side, they have won both games even though they played poorly. On the other side, they've played poorly. Definitely going to need to step it up if they are going to go far in the playoffs this year. Pacers playing really solid and look like they have a good nucleus for the future.

• Options
    Can someone get Benson and Stabler over to Madison Square Garden? The Celtics molested the Knicks there tonight.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Chicago

Don't know how much longer the D. Rose Show can go on.....

New Orleans just woke up a giant.

• yuichi said:

New Orleans just woke up a giant.

*Sigh*
    You might be right. I'll just be happy if we take y'all to 7 games.

GO HORNETS

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Wow, the Pacers Arena sounds like it is located in Chicago.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    One 'N Done

Go Rangers!

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    One 'N Done

Go Rangers!

Tied 2-2 and your guys still have home court advantage and you're giving up?

Mavs fans give up too easily.

The Brandon Roy resurrection was one of the nicest sports moments in recent memory.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:
    One 'N Done

Go Rangers!

The Brandon Roy resurrection was one of the nicest sports moments in recent memory.

What do they say about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results....I'm not giving up....I'm getting prepared.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    At least we didnt get swept.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:
    One 'N Done

Go Rangers!

What do they say about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results....I'm not giving up....I'm getting prepared.

I suppose Mark Cuban complaining about getting hit in the face by a UFO was a bad omen.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:
    One 'N Done

Go Rangers!

I suppose Mark Cuban complaining about getting hit in the face by a UFO was a bad omen.

First hand account from someone who was at the game and saw Cuban struck by "projectile"

"For years I have scoured Blazersedge, never commenting or posting, merely surveying the thoughts and opinions of those more motivated than I. But after what happened last night, I feel I must emerge from the shadows.

In the fourth quarter of last night's game, after Cuban had been agging on the section behind the Blazer bench for some time, the unthinkable happened. A projectile was launched from the crowd, striking Mark Cuban square in the left cheek. I watched the calamity unfold from my baseline seat, approximately 30 feet from the now forlorn Cuban. The projectile was the go to weapon of the elementary arsenal: the wadded up straw wrapper.

I did not see the thrower, but given the trajectory and distance this shot must have covered, it was the kind of thing of which middle school legends are made. Cuban whirled around in his chair to stare down the crowd, surely striking the fear of God into the perpetrator. Portland security moved in to form a wall behind Cuban when he reacted, fearlessly putting their own well being on the line to protect the Mavs owner from another straw wrapper barrage.

As silly as it sounds, I have to think this is the attack Cuban was referring to in the media. Immediately following this security moved in, and it was mid way through the 4th quarter as Cuban said. Whether it was a straw wrapper or gum wrapper, I can not say with complete certainty. But I can say with certainty given the manner the projectile flew, and the way it bounced off the face of Cuban that it was a very small piece of wadded up paper.

Unfortunate that this will undoubtedly reflect poorly on a Portland fan base that has already been portrayed as nothing short of rabid. The quote from Cuban has already made front page ESPN coverage."