NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Rose and Iverson are on very similar tracks I think too.

Gimme CP3. Most well-rounded, toughest.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    For upside, I'm rooting for John Wall. He's impressed me with what he has shown his rookie season, and when they supply him with great talent for him to utilize, he will be in the top 3 talk real soon.

I don't think it's a coincidence that both John Wall and Jameer Nelson got injured playing in those damn Reebok Zig Slash!!! Wall obviously got the physical attributes to make it work, but I never really liked his body language throughout the season.

Mike Conley Jr. whom I thought would be a flop in the NBA, has turned out to be a reliable point guard. He doesn't shy away from big games either, which you can't teach.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    batmon said:

wizards kill that wizards steez.

back to the olsdschool

look like they were designed by Tommy Hilfigger circa 1993

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    rose could end up like iverson if he doesnt share the load. hero ball is entertaining to children.

That may be true, but I think Rose's outlook is better than Iverson's. If Rose gets another star player to play with, he could be winning titles...the same could never be said of Iverson.

iversonn got to the finals without a complimentary scorer. i bet he would have gotten back to the finals if he had serious help.

i wont count his latter years with denver. he wasnt the alpha male then.

chicago might get there this year,but i ts gonna scary once they get either a perimeter compliment or a scoring big man thats better than boozer.

• Options
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    rose could end up like iverson if he doesnt share the load. hero ball is entertaining to children.

That may be true, but I think Rose's outlook is better than Iverson's. If Rose gets another star player to play with, he could be winning titles...the same could never be said of Iverson.

Iverson was never really a point guard. He was just a short megascorer. Larry Bird finished with more assists per game than AI did.

On the "which PG would you pick" question I'd go with Rose even though Rondo is (by far) my favorite current player. Rose's scoring ability just can't be denied. If Noah could pick up his offensive game (or if they upgraded at that spot) Rose wouldn't have to score quite as much.

If Dwight Howard wants to win a bunch of championships he should be looking to move to Chicago, not Los Angeles. A Howard/Rose combo is good for at least 3 rings by the end of the decade. AT LEAST 3.

• Options
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Rose and Iverson are on very similar tracks I think too.

Gimme CP3. Most well-rounded, toughest.

Injury prone, though. That has to be a concern.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i agree about the howard chicago thing
    plus noah would not be relied upon so heavily and howard could rest on the bench without having to worry
    boozer is a waste of space

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    pcmr said:
    plus noah would not be relied upon so heavily and howard could rest on the bench
    I dont think there is much chance of howard going to the bulls while keeping noah is there?
    cap?
    pcmr said:
    boozer is waste of space in this series

no comments on Russell Westbrook?
    surley he's on some kobe/iverson comparisons.
    are the thunder winning or losing because of him?

PASS THE FUCKING BALL.

Westbrrok and the entire team needs a vet to cool them down.
    Perkins is cool but I think an on court PG mentor could help Westbrook into gettin the number one scorer in the NBA some shots earlier in the shot clock.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Y'all are funny.

How many of you fuckin' jo-jos have a Ring?

Played under Auerbach?

With Bird and McHale?

What does that mean?

Slight resume of the one person who actually suggested that Dirk Nowitzki is a top 10 all-time NBA player, Rick Carlisle.

Now, I don't agree either necessarily, but his opinion is about a million times more appropriate than anyone's who might even think about posting in this thread.

Gotcha.

mattB said:
    pcmr said:
    plus noah would not be relied upon so heavily and howard could rest on the bench
    I dont think there is much chance of howard going to the bulls while keeping noah is there?
    cap?
    pcmr said:
    boozer is waste of space in this series and the first round

R.I.P. Robert Traylor.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    mattB said:

PASS THE FUCKING BALL.

i love watching westbrook but he's not even close to the skill level of kobe or iverson. he is an athletic freak like ai though.

• GenePontecorvo said:
    R.I.P. Robert Traylor.

Truly sad. I just read the news about that.

keithvanhorn said:
    mattB said:

PASS THE FUCKING BALL.

i love watching westbrook but he's not even close to the skill level of kobe or iverson. he is an athletic freak like ai though.
    My post wasnt clear but I meant comparing their selfishness.

mattB said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    mattB said:

PASS THE FUCKING BALL.

I meant comparing their selfishness.

i cant place kobe in that selfish catagory. he led those teams to 2 rings by trusting in his teammates.
    he had way more help in his career than iverson.

westbrook is just feelin himself and will need someone in the locker room to wake his nut ass up.

the thunder arent ready. they are like orlando vs houston. they might get there by talent but cant win it all due to the lack of exp.

fuck all that we took the lakers to the brink bullshit.

fuck miami. congradulations.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    damn, I guess you could say LJ got his revenge tonight, huh?

Ainge's mid-season trade will be the scapegoat in Boston for this loss, maybe rightfully so.

I genuinely thought the Lakers and Cs were on another collision course.

Seems like both teams churned up the low to mid levels of their roster and paid dearly for it. Plus injuries and age in both scenarios.

Anybody see upsets for OKC and CHI? Anyone have OKC or CHI in the Finals?

I'd have to go Heat / Mavs right now. I feel like that's not a bad rematch for NBA fans.

The new Big 3 look tough to beat. Is that good or bad for the L?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Ainge's mid-season trade

When they let Perkins go, I knew it was a wrap.....

Same thing happened when Big Ben left Detroit. They were never the same again.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the celts played to the end and LBJ was humble (for once)
    this years 3 point king is the big 3s secret weapon (he hit a transition 3 and it was the beginning of the end)

yeah james jones shot was the big one.

• Options
    batmon said:

The shot Wade got in on Rondo was the big one. Rondo played the last two + games with one arm. I won't be surprised if he needs surgery.

NomoreGarciaparra said:
    batmon said:

The shot Wade got in on Rondo was the big one. Rondo played the last two + games with one arm. I won't be surprised if he needs surgery.

No.

The JJ three ignited the Miami run.

As that Jones shot traveled through the air, all of that pressure went with it. It would either be another miss in a collection of mishaps, raising the pressure to unheard of levels.
    Or it would fall through the rim, sending all that pressure through the roof of this building and releasing all the weight off the shoulders of a group that had been crumbling under it.
    It went through the rim. The building erupted. Jones skipped to the other end of the court, looked at the crowd and offered a salute and a pounding of the chest.
    The tension was gone. Soon, the Celtics would be, too.
    That one shot was all the Heat players needed to remind themselves that this was the best possible setting to end this series. That the opposition featured Delonte West and Nenad Krstic and Jeff Green on the floor in the final quarter and not the complete version of the big-bully Celtics.
    Technically, the 16-0 Heat run that ended the game and ended the series and possibly ended the Celtics??? run as the intimidating beasts of the East began with a Wade free throw.
    But it was that Jones??? three-pointer that truly ignited the run. It allowed Chris Bosh and LeBron James and Dwyane Wade to say, ???If he can do this, so can we.???

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    pcmr said:

lebron is only humble in interviews. he is a jackass on the court. in the 4th quarter, every single time he made a shot, he followed it with some lame reaction for the camera/fans. i don't remember him doing this as a cav, but it makes me want to beat his face in as a heat player. bosh is even worse since he has largely sucked in the playoffs yet still is equally as arrogant. since when did certain nba guys start doing the equivalent of touchdown dances every time they scored? i wish it was bad boy era. bill laimbeer and rick mahorn would not have stood for this type of shit.

keithvanhorn said:
    pcmr said:

lebron is only humble in interviews. he is a jackass on the court. in the 4th quarter, every single time he made a shot, he followed it with some lame reaction for the camera/fans. i don't remember him doing this as a cav, but it makes me want to beat his face in as a heat player. bosh is even worse since he has largely sucked in the playoffs yet still is equally as arrogant. since when did certain nba guys start doing the equivalent of touchdown dances every time they scored? i wish it was bad boy era. bill laimbeer and rick mahorn would not have stood for this type of shit.

co-sign

batmon said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    pcmr said:

co-sign

Hell, even the meek Kevin McHale wouldn't have stood for it.

Whats Boston sports radio sayin about the game/series/future?

oops your in NYC now............SoulOniCE?

batmon said:
    Whats Boston sports radio sayin about the game/series/future?

oops your in NYC now............SoulOniCE?

Actually, I still listen to WEEI on internet radio. It's basically a mix of "we were outplayed", "the refs weren't calling fouls on the Heat", and "age and injuries caught up with us".