NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    There were less teams back in the day and therefore more competitive.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    motown67 said:
    There were less teams back in the day and therefore more competitive.

Let's not even entertain this again....it's like telling Slingblade that french fried potatoes taste bad.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    How about this: Rick Carlisle said Dirk is one of the top 10 players of all time. Agree? Disagree?

Disagree.....ridiculous statement.......Top 20....maybe.....Top 25......yeah.

I think ridiculous is too hyperbolic. I'd say that is a "not currently defensible position" but it could trend that way.

Dirk Nowitzki has played in the playoffs almost every year of his long career. He's gone more than one round deep more than 5 times. He is one of 4 players in the history of their playoff career to average 25/10. He will probably end up a top 15 career point scorer. The statistical foundation is there, as are the accolades. If he can get one ring people's opinion will completely flip. If he gets multiples: top 10.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dork is good but need a ring or he'll be with the Patrick Ewing,Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley group.

no way is dude rubbing elbows with

jordan
    russell
    magic
    bird
    shaq
    chamberlain
    west
    hakeem
    oscar
    duncan

fuck outta here

GenePontecorvo said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    How about this: Rick Carlisle said Dirk is one of the top 10 players of all time. Agree? Disagree?

I think ridiculous is too hyperbolic. I'd say that is a "not currently defensible position" but it could trend that way.

Dirk Nowitzki has played in the playoffs almost every year of his long career. He's gone more than one round deep more than 5 times. He is one of 4 players in the history of their playoff career to average 25/10. He will probably end up a top 15 career point scorer. The statistical foundation is there, as are the accolades. If he can get one ring people's opinion will completely flip. If he gets multiples: top 10.

Gotta disagree......if Dirk gets 3 rings which of the below does he knock out of the Top 10?

MJ
    Magic
    Bird
    Russell
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Dr. J
    Kobe
    Timmy/Moses

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:

I heard someone try to place Dirk over Larry Bird, which just made me laugh.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Can we just bask in Dallas' accomplishment and not jump the gun anointing Dork into something before he gets it.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:

Gotta disagree......if Dirk gets 3 rings which of the below does he knock out of the Top 10?

MJ
    Magic
    Bird
    Russell
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Dr. J
    Kobe
    Timmy/Moses

If he gets 3 rings he beats Dr J and probably Moses.

But he won't get 3 rings. And he's well behind Kobe and Havlicek, too, even if he does.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    fell asleep during the Memphis OKC game, woke up to find out it was a triple OT game. DAM

Great game although thunder fucked up multiple times. Should have won in regulation.

No way dirk is top 10 right now.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    A better question is if Dirk is even Top 10 at PF....

Answer, Hell No

Y'all are funny.

How many of you fuckin' jo-jos have a Ring?

Played under Auerbach?

With Bird and McHale?

edpowers said:

Answer, Hell No

Idiocy.

Hahaha......is he even the best PF in the game today? Top 5?

edpowers said:

Yes...he is the best PF in 2011

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:

Seven measly rebounds a game doesn't make you a power anything. Nowitzki is a great player but I've never thought of him as a PF.

NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:

Seven measly rebounds a game doesn't make you a power anything. Nowitzki is a great player but I've never thought of him as a PF.

That's the position he plays....25/10 in the Playoffs for his career....10 time All-Star......best at his position in 2011.....you can call that position whatever you want.

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    The fact that nash and dirk diggler have more regular season mvps than shaq and kobe is laughable at best, and completely indefensible. As far as annointing all these accolades to dirk who still hasnt won anything is even more ludicrous. But whatever you white dudes from texas can keep arguing these retarded sentiments. Will be so much fun watching miami crush your souls again. Cant wait to see cubans face when he fails again.

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    The fact that nash and dirk diggler have more regular season mvps than shaq and kobe combined is laughable at best, and completely indefensible. As far as annointing all these accolades to dirk who still hasnt won anything is even more ludicrous. But whatever you white dudes from texas can keep arguing these retarded sentiments. Will be so much fun watching miami crush your souls again. Cant wait to see cubans face when he fails again.

GenePontecorvo said:
    edpowers said:

Answer, Hell No

Idiocy.

I'll be fair

Duncan
    Malone
    Barkley
    KG
    Mchale
    Hayes
    Petit
    Dirk
    Rodman
    Debusscher
    Connie

Dirk is probably the best active PF ...but its a close call...A case could be made for

Pau,Amare,KG and Aldrdge....

He barely makes the Top 10 active (at any position)

Lebron
    Rose
    CP3
    Wade
    Durant
    Kobe
    Melo
    Howard
    Dirk

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:

That's the position he plays....25/10 in the Playoffs for his career....10 time All-Star......best at his position in 2011.....you can call that position whatever you want.

He's a forward. I don't think it's an insult to him to say he's not a real power forward. Blake Griffin was the best PF in the NBA this year.

Dirk has come close but he's never averaged 10 rebounds in a year. I'll bet that can't be said about any of the all-time great PFs. He's a hybrid.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Y'all are funny.

Played under Auerbach?

With Bird and McHale?

What does that mean?

fckvwls said:
    . But whatever you white dudes from texas

I've been here over 5 years....have had plenty of disagreements with folks, good and bad....but this is the first time I've been moved to say this.

FUCK YOU

And I mean that in the nicest, whitest way possible.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Blake Griffin was the best PF in the NBA this year.

laughable.
    based on PER @ the PF spot, regular season. There's a big jump between 2 and 6.
    1 Kevin Love, MIN 24.39
    2 Dirk Nowitzki, DAL 23.52
    3 Pau Gasol, LAL 23.33
    4 Amare Stoudemire, NY 22.78
    5 Zach Randolph, MEM 22.67
    6 Blake Griffin, LAC 21.93
    7 LaMarcus Aldridge, POR 21.57
    8 Kevin Garnett, BOS 20.67
    9 David West, NO 20.51
    10 Paul Millsap, UTAH 19.83

edpowers said:
    Dirk is probably the best active PF ...but its a close call...A case could be made for

Seriously....you just watched that Lakers/mavs series and are willing to suggest Pau is as good or possibly better than Dirk?

Five years ago I'd agree with KG....today, not so much.

Amare's career will be summed up as an underacheiver.

Aldridge is a beast, but a few years away from greatness.

Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:

Seriously....you just watched that Lakers/mavs series and are willing to suggest Pau is as good or possibly better than Dirk?

I'm not saying Pau is better than Dirk but a strong case could be made that he is......Bosh is having a better series than KG, but it doesn't mean he's a better player.

DB_Cooper said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Y'all are funny.

Played under Auerbach?

With Bird and McHale?

What does that mean?

Slight resume of the one person who actually suggested that Dirk Nowitzki is a top 10 all-time NBA player, Rick Carlisle.

Now, I don't agree either necessarily, but his opinion is about a million times more appropriate than anyone's who might even think about posting in this thread.

edpowers said:
    Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:

I'm not saying Pau is better than Dirk but a strong case could be made that he is..

AGain. Dirk will finish somewhere around 15th alltime in Points. Gasol somewhere below 115th. Keep pluggin away holmes.

fckvwls said:
    you white dudes from texas

Okay hispanic, caucasian or Asian dude from California!

DIrk shits out Pau Gasols.

I think Dirk was 75% or higher when guarded by dude last week.

Gasol has never beat Dirk once in a playoff game, going back to Memphis.

To think Gasol is sniffin' Dirk's jock is laughable.

Y'all fail to realize the reason Dirk hasn't won shit is at the feet of Cubes, Nellie Jr. and Avery. He's had BS squads.

When Dirk's personal life crumbled in full view of the media, he busted out for 39/11 against Denver. Gasol went into a fetus position when his personal life crumbled behind closed doors.

Dirk has continually been let down at every turn by his team, yet he has stuck with them, re-signing for less money to finish his career a Mav.

OUTMODED AS FUCK YOU NIMWITS.

GenePontecorvo said:
    edpowers said:
    Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:

I'm not saying Pau is better than Dirk but a strong case could be made that he is..

AGain. Dirk will finish somewhere around 15th alltime in Points. Gasol somewhere below 115th. Keep pluggin away holmes.

Jason Kidd will finish #2 on the all time assists list....

Kidd > Magic

b/w

I never said Pau was better than Dirk