NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    No Stat, no Billups, down 3-0 - grim times at MSG tonight.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Hard fought win by the Sixers! They're like the Clippers in that they play hard and got a lot of talented youth on that team.

Miami is def made for the playoffs, but they need to fix their late-game offensive execution. "Worst in the NBA in game-tying or go-ahead field goals".

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    they are leading by one with 23 sec left and wade is doing some non chalant fadeaway BS
    you would think they would have focused on final plays and closing out after all the late game drama this season

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i agree with you, but wade hits enough of those where it wouldnt have been even modestly surprising if those fades went in. they had pretty good ball movement in the fourth quarter and looked to me like they had it down the stretch. fact is, sixers got lucky on two tough shots at the very end of the game. but luck or not, LouWill and Holliday hit bigtime buckets!!!

so good to not get swept and to put up a fight throughout the series. we're happy for the team here. we gotta good little youthful core to build around and this little taste will only help. not sure what to do in the longrun with Elton or Iggy, but they definitely are a big part of the team right now. still, its going to be tough making the next big step.

GO SIXERS!!!
    and very shortly....
    GO CELTICS!!!

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Worst part of these playoffs, IMO, is being constantly bombarded by replays of Blake Griffin's weak dunk from All-Star weekend. Most overrated dunk ever.

2nd worst part is knowing that my beloved 'Zards aren't doing to get a whiff of the postseason for at least 6 years.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    the Doc Rivers timeout where he walked away from the bench and just stood on the other side of the court with his back to the team was the best thing I saw all day. Celtics flippin the switch again. Just hope they can keep up this shooting pace, the lights have been shot out 3 times over already.

• New York/Boston is going to be the series I enjoy the most.

I wholeheartedly disagree with said statement.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Bulls-Pacers series was fun to watch. Indiana played really tough. Having said that, the Bulls are really vulnerable. All they have to do is face another good defensive team with more scoring and they're done. Without Rose they just had nothing offensively it that first round.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Helluva game. Gonna be a helluva series. Go Mavs.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:

I was impressed by the Mavs--I was waiting for them to fold (like the goddamn Spurs), but they gutted out a big win. Now go get three more! I'm rooting for the Mavs and Celtics right now to knock off the two evil empires.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    GenePontecorvo said:

I was impressed by the Mavs--I was waiting for them to fold (like the goddamn Spurs), but they gutted out a big win. Now go get three more! I'm rooting for the Mavs and Celtics right now to knock off the two evil empires.

The great irony being that the Celtics are the winningest team in NBA history, yet everybody hates the Lakers. :beerbang:
    :feelin_it:

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    If they didn't have Kobe, they'd be hated wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Oh Sh*t

Hm. That's Jose Juan Barea getting interviewed on the floor at Staples Center at the conclusion of a Conference Semifinal game.

That's what's up.

Shit yeah!!!

What are the chances of a Heat vs Mavs re-match in the NBA Finals?

motown67 said:

A dream that dare not speak it's name.

All I know is that if it goes down: Rock and I will be there!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm glad I didn't catch that game 2 of LA/Dallas.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    motown67 said:

oh snap

• reskresk 391 Posts

My favorite pics from game 2.

Added bonus, I got a free pair of Wade's new shoes, Jordan Brand Fly Wade, for renewing my season tickets with my AMEX (thank you Jordan Brand and AMEX). Honestly not really feeling the shoe's asthetics, though seem to be a solid bball playing shoe.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Also, noticed Rhondo abandoned the Nike Hyperfuse's and went to using Kobe's latest shoe (as much as I hate Kobe, I use his shoes for playing BBall too). Bold move for a Celtic.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Chi-Atl game 2 was the biggest turd of a game I've seen in years. Couldn't keep watching.

Zack Randolph is a prime example of someone getting 20 and 10 and being ONE DIMENSIONAL. No one's gonna remember him. Blake Griffin will do so much more.

Care to re-evaluate?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    Zack Randolph is a prime example of someone getting 20 and 10 and being ONE DIMENSIONAL. No one's gonna remember him. Blake Griffin will do so much more.

Care to re-evaluate?

Who said this??

I grew up a big St. Johns fan and rooted Ron Artest with a passion....but that crap he did the other night was a straight bitch move....and if Phil told him to go out and do that Jackson's the little bitch I always thought he was.

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

Care to re-evaluate?

Who said this??

I grew up a big St. Johns fan and rooted Ron Artest with a passion....but that crap he did the other night was a straight bitch move....and if Phil told him to go out and do that Jackson's the little bitch I always thought he was.

Yuichi said this but in the context of comparing him to Blake.

Zach has been a monster for a while nad now he's getting pop media coverage.

I think that was pure Artest who is trying to get "tuff" unlike the rest of the Lakers.

Rockadelic said:
    Oh Sh*t

• blakatomblakatom 95 Posts
    Goodnight lake show. I couldn't be happier

Zach has transformed himself. For many years he was a black hole on offense. He put up big numbers but was not a factor in wins. Now he's finally figured out that it's a team game.

• blakatom said:
    Goodnight lake show. I couldn't be happier

It's beginning to look like it might be a Dallas/Miami Final rematch. I think this is more "the Lakers have no bench" than "the Mavs are that good" kind of series.

• Options
    Is this the dawning of the Age Of Nowitzki?

NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Is this the dawning of the Age Of Nowitzki?

Chandler and Carlisle have brought defense to that teamm and Dork has learned to take to the hole in crunchtime.