The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• dollar_bin said:
    Have some confidence

What part of the ass-gaping comment made it seem as if I was not confident about the Saints winning in the WC round?

Mad Forty-Whiners fans revealed!!!

• Options
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Seahawks and Rams get to play for the right to get bent over and ass-gaped as if they were Beecher in Oz.

I guess those Oz DVDs have some extra scenes I can do without.

• BobDesperado said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Seahawks and Rams get to play for the right to get bent over and ass-gaped as if they were Beecher in Oz.

I guess those Oz DVDs have some extra scenes I can do without.

Hiiiiiii Yoooooooooo!!!!

Yes! You ARE correct sir.

It was so nice to see the Iggles and their mystique catch a huge L. Vick won't see the end of the playoffs. Clay Matthews is gonna hurt that kid in the WC round I bet.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    that SOUND EFX show on NFL Network is the bomb. more NFL FILMS gold.
    the one this week with Tebow mic'd up through his entire 1st game as a starter was kinda awesome.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:

Mad Forty-Whiners fans revealed!!!

Ha ha, most Niner's fans gave up on this season months ago. If anything the weak division kept them alive for playoff contention long after most of us should have been focusing on fantasizing about Singletary's replacement making massive moves in the off-season draft resulting in a coherent team. Their suck-ass division was the reason why season ticket holders got Playoff mailers for a 5-9 team, prolonging the agony of this season.

• Got lazy with this as the holidays approached us, but its playoffs time!!!!!!!!!!

Are the Colts the only team that can take on the Pats?
    How far will the Eagles go?
    Will the Chiefs play spoiler?
    Thoughts?

Breaking News: Manginius gets fired again! Even after being one of two coaches to defeat the Pats this season.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Congrats to the Saints on their 1st round bye.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Chiefs vs. Eagles in the big show!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ^^yep
    pats are my lakers
    hate on them but they will hurt you in the big show
    ?? wonder what would have happened if that snow game raiders fumble call would have been called correctly (the time my hate for the started)

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    pcmr said:
    ?? wonder what would have happened if that snow game raiders fumble call would have been called correctly (the time my hate for the started)

For one, Gruden would have won the Super Bowl that year with the Raiders and never would have gone to the Bucs to win one with them.

Secondly, that started a trend of the Pats being let off easy by rule enforcers. They've been caught cheating multiple times and really didn't suffer for it at all. Had that been say the Raiders caught cheating, they would have paid a much stiffer penalty.

All that being said, the Pats are clearly the team of the past decade...I just wish they could have done it without all of the extra help.

• Options
    pcmr said:
    Secondly, that started a trend of the Pats being let off easy by rule enforcers. They've been caught cheating multiple times and really didn't suffer for it at all. Had that been say the Raiders caught cheating, they would have paid a much stiffer penalty.

All that being said, the Pats are clearly the team of the past decade...I just wish they could have done it without all of the extra help.

The Pats' record since Spygate broke has been better than their record before it. They don't need any help, apparently. Having the best QB and coach in the game is a big advantage.

Cheating is ubiquitous in sports and always has been. Ask Gaylord Perry.

As for this "multiple times" business I'd like to know what you're talking about. But losing a 1st round draft pick is a pretty big punishment in the NFL.

The league continues to insist that the Tuck Rule was interpreted correctly, and it's kind of their decision, no matter how much Raiders fans (who never seem to care about rules in most contexts) wish it had been otherwise.

• I'm not even a big Raider fan but I've seen plenty of no-calls since then that would seem to belie the premise that the league believes strongly in the correct enforcement of the "tuck* rule"

*named, clearly, for the medicated pads that relieve assburn

2002 Super Bowl when the Pats knew what the Rams were going to run before even they did.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    this thread has turned to straight comedy. asshurt comedy, no less.

The comedy will come when the Saints run y'all right out of Cowboys Stadium.

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    2002 Super Bowl when the Pats knew what the Rams were going to run before even they did.

Ah. So you're a mindreader.

(Also known as "someone who just makes shit up.")

You would think such archvillains could have won by more than a field goal.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

I'm actually rooting for the Saints to make it to the SB wit the Pats. Perhaps then we'll have a little friendly wager on the outcome?

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:

They have no running game.

b/w

Breesus is giving out INTs this year like every Sunday is Halloween.

BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:

So you've somehow ignored from existence all the talk about the Pats cheating leading up to the 2002 Super Bowl?

I'm not the one who made such a thing up, you know?

Y'all could win 50 Super Bowls and still noone but your own fans will respect y'all in full.

Why? Just talk to any given Patriots fan.

Again, something that everyone not a Patriots fan already knows.

DB_Cooper said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I'm actually rooting for the Saints to make it to the SB wit the Pats. Perhaps then we'll have a little friendly wager on the outcome?

Sure thang.

BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:

b/w

A Pats fan is telling me the Saints have no running game???

Do y'all not have mirrors in Boston, or what?

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:

So you've somehow ignored from existence all the talk about the Pats cheating leading up to the 2002 Super Bowl?

It really doesn't matter who made it up.

b/w

You would still think such archvillains would have won by more than a field goal. ("the Pats knew what the Rams were going to run before even they did")

BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:

b/w

You would still think such archvillains would have won by more than a field goal. ("the Pats knew what the Rams were going to run before even they did")

The Rams were 14 point favorites.

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:

b/w

Have you even seen the Patriots play this year?

The Law Firm had 1000 yards without a fumble. He's better than anything the Saints have this year, and it's not even close.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The last thing I want is for Pats fans to invade my fine state come February.

b/w

I wonder if Barney Frank has ever gone tail gating?

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:

b/w

Now you're just humiliating yourself.

I guess all upsets are carried out by cheaters. Or something.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:

b/w

Have you ever shaken hands with Dick Armey?

BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:

b/w

Have you even seen the Patriots play this year?

The Law Firm had 1000 yards without a fumble. He's better than anything the Saints have this year, and it's not even close.

Yes, Ellis healthy is better than Thomas, Bush, or Ivory injured. You got me on that one.

HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:

b/w

Now you're just humiliating yourself.

I guess all upsets are carried out by cheaters. Or something.

Take it up with the Boston Herald.

Y'all have taped other teams' practices...FACT.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:

b/w

Have you ever shaken hands with Dick Armey?

A Dick Army is Barney's wet dream.

b/w

The REAL Dick Armey had his penis chopped off in a lawnmower accident which was attached to his arm until the groin swelling went down and it could be re-attached properly.