The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    The comedy will come when the Saints run y'all right out of Cowboys Stadium.

They have no running game.

b/w

Breesus is giving out INTs this year like every Sunday is Halloween.

A Pats fan is telling me the Saints have no running game???

Do y'all not have mirrors in Boston, or what?

Have you even seen the Patriots play this year?

The Law Firm had 1000 yards without a fumble. He's better than anything the Saints have this year, and it's not even close.

Yes, Ellis healthy is better than Thomas, Bush, or Ivory injured. You got me on that one.

Yes I do.

None of those three has ever had a year as good as what Green-Ellis has had this year.

Not even close, in fact.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This will be much more amusing and maybe even pertinent if either of these teams actually make the Super Bowl.

• Options
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    2002 Super Bowl when the Pats knew what the Rams were going to run before even they did.

Ah. So you're a mindreader.

(Also known as "someone who just makes shit up.")

You would think such archvillains could have won by more than a field goal.

So you've somehow ignored from existence all the talk about the Pats cheating leading up to the 2002 Super Bowl?

I'm not the one who made such a thing up, you know?

It really doesn't matter who made it up.

b/w

You would still think such archvillains would have won by more than a field goal. ("the Pats knew what the Rams were going to run before even they did")

The Rams were 14 point favorites.

Now you're just humiliating yourself.

I guess all upsets are carried out by cheaters. Or something.

Take it up with the Boston Herald.

Y'all have taped other teams' practices...FACT.

No shit, Sherlock. That was what Spygate was.

Your mysterious references to other events is still something you haven't backed up. And won't.

Because you can't.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    The REAL Dick Armey had his penis chopped off in a lawnmower accident which was attached to his arm until the groin swelling went down and it could be re-attached properly.

I'm not even going to look that up. I just hope it's true.

It would also explain why he's drunk in public so often.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    sorry, I take it back. this thread hasn't gone comedy at all, just kind of lame.

Rock's homo jokes may be a new low, though.

The thought process of trying to insult people from MA because of Barney Frank's gay exploits is pretty sad, and I honestly thought you were a little - a lot - better than that, Rich. I guess maybe Moe brings it out of you. For the record, assuming the Pats do make the SB, you'll be glad to know Patriot fans would rather be going just about anywhere else in the country than your state to root for them, too.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    BobDesperado said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    2002 Super Bowl when the Pats knew what the Rams were going to run before even they did.

Ah. So you're a mindreader.

(Also known as "someone who just makes shit up.")

You would think such archvillains could have won by more than a field goal.

So you've somehow ignored from existence all the talk about the Pats cheating leading up to the 2002 Super Bowl?

I'm not the one who made such a thing up, you know?

It really doesn't matter who made it up.

b/w

You would still think such archvillains would have won by more than a field goal. ("the Pats knew what the Rams were going to run before even they did")

The Rams were 14 point favorites.

Now you're just humiliating yourself.

I guess all upsets are carried out by cheaters. Or something.

Take it up with the Boston Herald.

Y'all have taped other teams' practices...FACT.

No shit, Sherlock. That was what Spygate was.

Your mysterious references to other events is still something you haven't backed up. And won't.

Because you can't.

The Boston Herald reported that the Pats taped the Rams walk-through the day before the 2002 Super Bowl. Do I myself have that tape? No, I don't. So you're right again, I can't prove anything. But how ridiculous is it for you to expect me to be able to prove it?

Gawd, I hope y'all lose to someone.

BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:
    The REAL Dick Armey had his penis chopped off in a lawnmower accident which was attached to his arm until the groin swelling went down and it could be re-attached properly.

I'm not even going to look that up. I just hope it's true.

It would also explain why he's drunk in public so often.

I was wrong.....

THIS guy is the original Dick Army

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VwY7V7ERfSoJ:blisstree.com/feel/russian-man-grows-penis-on-his-arm/+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

But the lawn mower story is also true....that's just a different Dick Army.

And WTF...Barney Frank is gay???

SoulOnIce said:
    sorry, I take it back. this thread hasn't gone comedy at all, just kind of lame.

Rock's homo jokes may be a new low, though.

The thought process of trying to insult people from MA because of Barney Frank's gay exploits is pretty sad, and I honestly thought you were a little - a lot - better than that, Rich. I guess maybe Moe brings it out of you. For the record, assuming the Pats do make the SB, you'll be glad to know Patriot fans would rather be going just about anywhere else in the country than your state to root for them, too.

Uh Huh.....if the hated Pats win, you'll be here.....giving us all that New England cash

b/w

Comedy plays no favorites.

huh?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Jets-Falcons is going to be a boring Super Bowl.

• SoulOnIce said:
    this thread has turned to straight comedy. asshurt comedy, no less.

nothing on God's green earth could be more butthurt than you Boston fans. You've got championship-level squads in every sport and yet you still rock a shoulder chip the size of the Jerrydome.

It's alright guys. You have some really good sports teams. Tom Brady is an amazing quarterback. The Pats might win it. The Celtics might too! The Yankees don't even play this time of year, ok? Just take a deep breath and chill out.

• edpowers said:

Colts vs Eagles is going to be fucking awesome though!

• I JUST WATCHED THE TOWN

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Did anyone else watch the Ravens game? That was brutal. It's like we've given up having any kind of offensive attack. They had Boldin blocking in the backfield for much of the second half. WTF? How about a couple of wide receiver screens to homeboy every once in a while? This might be the most disappointing 12-4 team in history.

Then again Ed Reed is having one of the great years ever. Adjusted for the games he missed, he would have 13 ints this year. Will he get any votes for Def MVP? Probably Polamalu is more deserving because he is an even better pass rusher/run stopper and had some truly game changing plays this year (i.e. the one that beat us). But what Ed is doing is pretty nuts.

I like our chances against KC because they are so run dependent but our inability to score is a real concern and a total fucking mystery given the personal we put on the field. My guess is that barring a SB win Cam Cameron is going to be on the hot seat this off season.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    this thread has turned to straight comedy. asshurt comedy, no less.

nothing on God's green earth could be more butthurt than you Boston fans. You've got championship-level squads in every sport and yet you still rock a shoulder chip the size of the Jerrydome.

It's alright guys. You have some really good sports teams. Tom Brady is an amazing quarterback. The Pats might win it. The Celtics might too! The Yankees don't even play this time of year, ok? Just take a deep breath and chill out.

Seriously, what the fuck are you even talking about? Do you even know?

I mean, you quote me as if you are referencing my post(s) but your rant has nothing to do with me.

If you think me being annoyed/amused with Harvey suddenly raving about "spygate" is asshurt, you need to get real. Dude is a looney-bird.

DrWu said:
    This might be the most disappointing 12-4 team in history.

funny, since most people I hear outside of Baltimore think the Ravens are the most dangerous team in the playoffs. nobody - and I mean NOBODY - wants any part of the Ravens right now. the Patriots and their fans certainly haven't forgotten last year's playoff in Foxborough, or that it took OT and some luck to beat them this year.

There are close to 50 towns/cities/states that claim major league sport franchises.

Only 3 or 4 have fans that are notorious assholes.

Boston is one of those places.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    There are close to 50 towns/cities/states that claim major league sport franchises.

Of course in Dallas notorious assholes actually own two major league sports franchises. And no one down there seems to notice or care.

BobDesperado said:
    Rockadelic said:

Of course in Dallas notorious assholes actually own two major league sports franchises. And no one down there seems to notice or care.

Of course I recognize and readily admit this.......

They're assholes, but they're OUR assholes.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    what do you guys think about the playoff reseeding that's been talked about. I say no way. You want a home field playoff game. Win your division.

• Options
    PrimeCutsLtd said:
    what do you guys think about the playoff reseeding that's been talked about. I say no way. You want a home field playoff game. Win your division.

I agree, the idea is whiny bullshit.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    DrWu said:
    This might be the most disappointing 12-4 team in history.

funny, since most people I hear outside of Baltimore think the Ravens are the most dangerous team in the playoffs. nobody - and I mean NOBODY - wants any part of the Ravens right now. the Patriots and their fans certainly haven't forgotten last year's playoff in Foxborough, or that it took OT and some luck to beat them this year.

I agree to some extent. We blew the game in Foxboro earlier this year. But the Pats are a different team now. At times I think we could be the best team in football. Other times I wonder how we beat the lowly Bengals.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    sorry i started this pats hate parade
    the ravens last game was almost lost if not by the incompetence of the opposing teams QB
    however ravens playoff mode is often grind to the death
    i like this year's bracket
    xcept for the seahawks (sorry Jake1)

• Garcia_Vega said:
    edpowers said:

Colts vs Eagles is going to be fucking awesome though!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Eh. Dudes can blah blah blah about how Boston fans are notorious assholes and whatever. A lot of us are. I don't care. You know what I do care about? Winning.

For real, though, you dudes never respect us. Always disbelieving. Saying we're not good enough. We'll show you. WE'LL SHOW YOU ALL!

SoulOnIce said:

If you think me being annoyed/amused with Harvey suddenly raving about "spygate" is asshurt, you need to get real. Dude is a looney-bird.

You Boston fans apparently live on your own island where what everyone else knows as reality goes ignored for your own benefit.

That is far more looney than anything I've said in here.

• The Ravens do not look championship caliber. Offense is so flacid. Reed is incredible- one of my favorite players in the game, and Dr Wu is right, BAL's splits with & without him this season are totally facemelt- but that defense can't get it done alone. Last week was a brutal watch- and, I had to, as IWASTHERE (KRSONE-style).

Pats are the best team in football, but could lose to Indy for one reason alone- the league's only Coach/QB, Peyton Manning. Jets ain't impressive right now, sorry Ed Powers. Steelers could bring it, too.

I'll take the Pats, but the AFC could be any one of those 3.

NFC? Falcons by default- Reid talking about limiting Vick this weekend if he has problems versus blitz is classic Reid overcoaching, and he should really shut up. Just run Vick out there and let Michael do his thing.

Jets: If Sanchez can actually play like a playoff-caliber qb, which IMO is doubtful, the Jets just might win a game. Their bruising running attack from last season has taken a hit of predictability. And their defense isn't quite what it was last year either.

Colts: With little to no running game, the Peyton Manning passing attack can be clued in on. And theirs isn't much of a defense to strike fear in the hearts of a fellow playoff team. What the Colts do have going for them in the opening round is home field advantage.

Chiefs: Another team that's best chance is their propensity to perform better than usual at home. Getting Jamaal Charles around the corners on sweeps and passes in the flats will be the key to victory against the Ravens who will be looking to stuff anything between the tackles. I wouldn't be surprised to see KC score a special teams td to put them over.

Ravens: Have all the tools, but insist on playing far too conservatively on offense, which is kinda strange because their defense isn't the game-winning force it once was. Rice needs to break a couple big plays and Boldin needs to be in the mix to open up the offensive playbook enough to actually score points.

Seahawks: If Pete "My Troubles are Not My Troubles but Yours" Carroll finds a way to pull out a win against the Saints, I will piss my pants in protest. The Seahawks do play a different game at home, but I'm banking on Whitehurst making enough mistakes to shoot Seattle's gameplan in the foot.

Saints: Even moreso than last season with all those timely picks, our defense will carry us. Malcolm Jenkins will be heard from many a time over the next few weeks. And while the Saints running attack will remain merely servicable, watch out what Pierre and Bush do in the passing game as the difference. That and a lil big dude named Lance Moore.

Packers: How did so many teams with lackluster running games make the playoffs this year? I keep wanting to not believe in the Pack, but Aaron Rodgers just has this way of getting it done. He just might have a field day against a banged up Eagles defense.

Eagles: I just received a Volunteer Service Award from Barack Obama, so eveidently one doesn't have to bodyslam a dog to death to get props from the prez. But how far can Michael Vick carry the Eagles on his back? Yes, he has much more than ample weapons around him, but anyone the Eagles play will be gunning for Vick's elusive azz. Wouldn't be surprised to see the dream season end in Round1.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I JUST WATCHED THE TOWN

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    A Matt Flynn-led Packers almost beat the Patriots. This is anyone's year.