The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Polamalu not likely to play vs. Jets. Fuck. That changes the game considerably.

• breaking news on NFL.com, McNabb has been benched for Sundays game against the Cowboys. Ol' Rexy gets the start........so can we say that Shanahan has officially lost the plot?

• Risingson said:
    breaking news on NFL.com, McNabb has been benched for Sundays game against the Cowboys. Ol' Rexy gets the start........so can we say that Shanahan has officially lost the plot?

• Options
    BobDesperado said:
    Chargers > Niners. I'd love to see Rattus normegicus lose here, but Rivers will whine and punk his way to a win.

The rest later.

Ravens > Saints. I don't think Suggs and Ngata will be in a good mood this week, and the Saints will pay on a cold day in Baltimore.
    Cards > Panthers. Somebody has to win. Nobody has to watch.
    Browns > Bengals. Colt McCoy is better than Delhomme and the Bengals just want to go home.
    Cowboys > Racialslurs. Mike Shanahan used to be overrated. Now he just sucks.
    Jaguars > Colts. What keeps MJD from getting 150 yards here?
    Dolphins > Bills. Dolphins have a chance to finish strong and Cameron Wake is hot.
    Giants > Eagles. Eagles D is banged up and Vick is about to be.
    Chiefs > Rams. If Cassel is close to 100% then he and Bowe and the running game get it done.
    Bucs > Lions. Bucs have enough left to beat the Lions down in Tampa.
    Texans > Titans. Johnson destroys Finnegan.
    Falcons > Seahawks. This one might be close but I can't see Hasselbeck outplaying Ryan.
    Raiders > Broncos. Richard Seymour deflowers Virgin Air. Twice.
    Steelers > Jets. No Supe For You! Even if Polamalu doesn't play Sanchez ends up crying. I suppose if the Jets get to Roethlisberger - who is already beaten up - and knock him out they have a shot, but the fact is they don't do a good job of getting to the QB this year.
    Patriots > Packers. This could get ugly.
    Bears > Vikings. The Bears shake off last week's castration and Jay Cutler narrowly outplays Joe Webb, unlikely starter of the year.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    edpowers said:
    Chargers > 49ers = duh

the rest later

N.O > Balt
    Car > Ariz
    Cin > Cle
    Dal > Wash
    Jax > Indy
    Mia > Buff
    Phi > NYG
    Stl > KC
    TB > Det
    Hou >Tenn
    Sea > Atl
    Oak > Den
    NYJ > Pitt
    NE > GB
    Minn > Chi

• EAGLES GIANTS OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Giants are dead to me, and Jets are approaching that status.

Phill With 2 Ls said:
    EAGLES GIANTS OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal. 28 unanswered points in 7 minutes?

How bout Desean Jackson? Run into the end zone you douche bag!

• RAJ said:

He wasn't really showboating this time, he was making sure the clock was run down to double zeroes :game_over:

• RAJ said:
    Phill With 2 Ls said:

Epic fucking collapse, especially after such a strong first half. I want that punter's head on a platter.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I live in south Jersey around the Mason/Dixon line of Eagles & Giants fans. I was at my local tavern watching the games. I gotta admit it was awesome watching the Giants fans goofing on Andy Reid and the birds. Then eating crow by the end of the game. It was pretty sweet. Also watching the Chiefs win and buying some vinyl. Damn, it was a good day.

Garcia_Vega said:
    RAJ said:
    Phill With 2 Ls said:

Epic fucking collapse, especially after such a strong first half. I want that punter's head on a platter.

I've gone from release the guy early on, to he's not bad and can punt, back to release the guy. Suit up fuckin Feagles.

• Phill With 2 Ls said:
    RAJ said:

He wasn't really showboating this time, he was making sure the clock was run down to double zeroes :game_over:

lol....surrrrrre. i loved it anyway. DeSean FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets, semi-redemption, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

The_Non said:
    Jets, semi-redemption, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Nice rebound. The Sanchize played mistake free football.

[rant] But WTF, refs? So many uncalled penalties on the Jets secondary. It didn't help that we were without Heath Miller who would of caught those passes intended for Spaeth [/rant]

• Desean Jackson dude. Desean Jackson. *shakingmyhead*

• rootlesscosmo said:
    Desean Jackson dude. Desean Jackson. *shakingmyhead*

Desean is a total cornball. He's the Nate Robinson of the NFL.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    [rant] But WTF, refs? So many uncalled penalties on the Jets secondary. It didn't help that we were without Heath Miller who would of caught those passes intended for Spaeth [/rant]

yeah, that uncalled PA on the last drive where dude yanked the jersey was bullshit.

• Garcia_Vega said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Desean Jackson dude. Desean Jackson. *shakingmyhead*

Desean is a total cornball. He's the Nate Robinson of the NFL.

allegedly a total asshole.

but cotDAMN.

WHAT?! BANANAZ! (Pats v GB)

The_Non said:

Hold the Presses. Right Guard for Pats almost returns kick off for touchdown. Wacky ass day in the NFL.

• Options
    RAJ said:
    The_Non said:

Hold the Presses. Right Guard for Pats almost returns kick off for touchdown. Wacky ass day in the NFL.

I liked how he started out carrying the ball like it was a baby and then just took off. He's 6' 4" and about 320 and would not be fun to tackle, and he can move some. Might be my favorite play of the year.

As a Pats fan maybe I should be worried by this first half but I'm really not.

This has been a great year for the NFL, no doubt.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Denver-Cincinnati-Houston-Miami-San Francisco-Minnesota-Carolina

.....I assume will have new head coaches next year....Carolina is probably the only question mark because they have more of a front office problem ..but John Fox seems to have lost the team..

Leslie Frazier seems like a good dude and he may win some games to end this season but he looks lost out there

I know Giants fans want Coughlin's head on a platter but he's doing a much better job with that group than anyone else could.....The players and D-Coordinator got cocky yesterday and The MVP made them pay for it.

Shanahan and Fisher saved their asses by throwing both their QB's under the bus

• Seattle and the Rams lose....meaning that we are still very much "in the hunt" for the NFC Worst with our 5-9 record....kinda sad.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Seattle and the Rams lose....meaning that we are still very much "in the hunt" for the NFC Worst with our 5-9 record....kinda sad.

Comedy. Who's the Vegas money on for coming of the NFC West? In the 25th anniversary of the Bears Super Bowl, I can't help but route for Singletary and Leslie Frazier.

Favre might play tonight. Maybe a final farewell to the Bears? I am envisioning Julius Peppers body-slamming him off the frozen plastic tundra of the University of Minnesota. Interesting factoid that the Packers hadn't started a backup in 18 years (Favre over an injured Makowski) until last night. Seems to work about pretty well for them, the two times it's happened. Whatever happens tonight in Bears-Vikings, I will NOT be surprised. The earth's snowy crust could rip open, engulfing both teams in flames, and it wouldn't be a big shock.

• Options
    edpowers said:
    I know Giants fans want Coughlin's head on a platter but he's doing a much better job with that group than anyone else could.....The players and D-Coordinator got cocky yesterday and The MVP made them pay for it.

Vick's having a great year but Brady's playing out of his mind and will win the MVP by a landslide.

• Options
    white_tea said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Seattle and the Rams lose....meaning that we are still very much "in the hunt" for the NFC Worst with our 5-9 record....kinda sad.

Comedy. Who's the Vegas money on for coming of the NFC West? In the 25th anniversary of the Bears Super Bowl, I can't help but route for Singletary and Leslie Frazier.

Favre might play tonight. Maybe a final farewell to the Bears? I am envisioning Julius Peppers body-slamming him off the frozen plastic tundra of the University of Minnesota.

Followed by someone jumping out of the stands and driving a stake through his heart. This shit has to end.

• ha ha ha DAMN giants fans sound like they got hurt feelin's! LOL

This ice bowl shit is off the meat rack