MLB 2010 THREAD

Comments

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    selperfuge said:
    Jeffrey Loria (Marlins owner) is the bob djukic of art dealers.. he will never give Dan Uggla correct money so trade a heavy prospect for him.

I dunno, I expect it to go the same as Josh Johnson's extension last year. The most likely reason I see negotiations falling apart is if Uggla's camp is adamant on 5 or more guaranteed years, since the Marlins already have an internal 2B replacement in Coghlan and Uggla's production falling off around age 34/35 is a legit concern. If he's willing to settle for say, 4 years and around 45 million with a team option on the 5th year, it probably gets done.

If not, then hey, Runzler + another pitching prospect is appealing.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Well deserved! Man I can't wait for fucking spring hahah...

• You said it holmes.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    GUESS WHAT, BITCHES?

Greatest rotation in history.

• haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    i was about to start a MLB 2011 thread cause the season just started and ended for real thirty minutes ago

• 93 blue jays. THAT'S the pitching staff.

[highest payroll-r]

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    GUESS WHAT, BITCHES?

Greatest rotation in history.

Game the fuck over.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Rich likes.

• That's dope as fuck.

"I'm going to take my talents to South Philly..."

• hey, it's all the guys the SF Giants steamrolled over, back together again!

• Flushing, Qn just went on suicide watch

• PrimeCutsLtd said:
    Rich likes.

I want to know what the other Rich thinks.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Not impressed.

SEE YOU IN THE WORLD SERIES BATCHES!

Seriously, though, quite the rotation, and it's awesome that you guys shut out the Yankees. They are...how do you say? Ah yes???tres fucked.

• So, is this a case of the Phillies 'buying' a World Series?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    selperfuge said:
    PrimeCutsLtd said:
    Rich likes.

I want to know what the other Rich thinks.

When we traded for Lee in the middle of the season I knew it was just for the rest of the year and stated such here so I'm not surprised or disappointed.

He helped the Rangers get to their first World Series and that was nice for us fans but there was something tainted about it.....having to pay for a "hired gun" to help get there.....and I stated such here.

The Giants proved that you can win a Championship with hard play and hustle and not necessarily the biggest payroll....and as a baseball fan that is a good thing.

I find it amusing that people who are usually anti-Corporate/Big Money are able to ignore it and even support it when it comes to their sports teams.

Rockadelic said:
    I find it amusing that people who are usually anti-Corporate/Big Money are able to ignore it and even support it when it comes to their sports teams.

Cry me a river Tom Joad. ;) HELLO ADRIAN GONZALEZ!

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    So, is this a case of the Phillies 'buying' a World Series?

Dude took less money to play in Philly than what was offered by the Yankees and Rangers. I applaud him. Phillies just stomped New York's nuts -- they wont recover.

Obviously way too early but would love to see Phillies and the BoSox in the big one.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    This taken from a Ken Rosenthal article:

So, why Philly?

The answers are fairly simple, according to a close friend of Lee???s:

* He loved the National League. He loved to hit. He loved being a baseball player, not just a pitcher.

* He enjoyed the team and city during his brief stay with the Phillies in 2009.

* He wanted to be in the same rotation as Roy Halladay, and was ???devastated??? that the Phils traded him after ???09 rather than put the two of them together.

DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:

Bill Buckner was the best fielding First Baseman in the AL '84-'86

b/w

Mookie never made a million bucks!!!

phongone said:

So, why Philly?

* He loved the National League. He loved to hit. He loved being a baseball player, not just a pitcher.

* He wanted to be in the same rotation as Roy Halladay, and was ???devastated??? that the Phils traded him after ???09 rather than put the two of them together.

From what I saw here this year Cliff Lee is a top notch dude.

I wish him the best of luck.

Rockadelic said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:

b/w

:oh_snap:

The sting is gone from that one now though. It's like still being mad about the Stamp Act once we'd won the Revolutionary War.

DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Rockadelic said:

b/w

:oh_snap:

The sting is gone from that one now though. It's like still being mad about the Stamp Act once we'd won the Revolutionary War.

A drunken Yaz is spinning on a barstool somewhere practicing for the afterlife.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    phongone said:

So, why Philly?

From what I saw here this year Cliff Lee is a top notch dude.

I wish him the best of luck.

There's a lot of sour grapes out there, but the fact is dude made a very personal choice. Even after he left Philadelphians had so much love for dude, not to mention when he was playing for us.

Cosmo said:
    There's a lot of sour grapes out there

Only in this city my dude. And maybe a bit in Texas. The rest of the country likes the Phillies more or less, and loves seeing the Yankees take the L.

• Rockadelic said:

glad it amuses you.
    what percentage of professional sports teams arent owned by millionaires/billionaires and dont depend entirely on corporate/television advertising/sponsorship? but i guess if anyone has serious apprehensions about corporate malfeasance needs to also embrace a rigidity and inflexibility that doesnt permit them to follow sports teams....or be labeled a hypocrite.

whatevaaaaaaaaaaaa
    the losingest team in professional sports history has been beasting lately...i love it

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

C'mon Rich, surely you understand how sports fandom works.

tripledouble said:
    Rockadelic said:

glad it amuses you.
    what percentage of professional sports teams arent owned by millionaires/billionaires and dont depend entirely on corporate/television advertising/sponsorship? but i guess if anyone has serious apprehensions about corporate malfeasance needs to also embrace a rigidity and inflexibility that doesnt permit them to follow sports teams....or be labeled a hypocrite.

whatevaaaaaaaaaaaa
    the losingest team in professional sports history has been beasting lately...i love it

Of course all teams are owned by rich folk......but in my world rooting for a team like the Giants and what they do on the field is what baseball's all about....not rooting for your team to spend the most money and buy the best players in the boardroom.

I was a hard core Met fan from the time I was 5 years old until the day they "bought" Bret Saberhagen in an attempt to keep up with the Steinbrenner's of the world.

But make no mistake, I realize that mine is an outdated form of fandom.

Rooting for the teams like the Miami Heat in 2010 or the NY Yankees over the last 35 years is the same as rooting for Bill Gates to earn more money in my secret mind garden.

• Rockadelic said:
    Rooting for the teams like the Miami Heat in 2010 or the NY Yankees over the last 35 years is the same as rooting for Bill Gates to earn more money in my secret mind garden.

^^^^^^^^Hates America! Capitalism, deal with it.