DON'T STEP ON MY HEELS - 2.0

Comments

• ^^^ Wow.

Hey- I just read that if you wear a mens size nine you can buy Bernie Madoff's Belgian Shoes collection at auction - lol. So rich - you know - walking around in his shoes. I'd mix-n-match and wear a different shoe on each foot:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    brokenrecord said:
    Almond said:
    edith head said:

anyone know what shoes these are?

Where'd you find this photo? I'm also wondering about the shoes.

I just saw another picture of these and remembered this post - the shoes are Marni. Here they are in more autumnal colourways.

• Feeling these:

• I may have posted this pic before, but I came across a better pic today when these showed up on my blog list.

This pic by Agustin Casasola is of a prostitute in Mexico City. The pic isn't dated but the timeframe of this exhibit is 1900-1940. I assume it was taken towards the end of that.

Anyways, I'm really feeling these heel boots(?) with the buckle:

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://riowang.blogspot.com/2010/11/slaves-of-moment.html

Also, this right here is such a fly ass look:

• Or maybe it's a buckled strap with socks? Either way I love them.

• Herm said:

:face_melt: :feelin_it:

• brokenrecord said:
    Herm said:

:face_melt: :feelin_it:

doesn't a tray come with that jacket?

Herm said:
    Feeling these:

Didn't you post these shoes before? in a not-great brown colour?

• I'm sayin'! I love everything about that. The high-waist, the blazer, the hair...so fresh.

• bassie said:
    Herm said:
    Feeling these:

Didn't you post these shoes before? in a not-great brown colour?

Sorry, missed this one.

Yes I did. In that pleathery caramel color. These are from the new season. MUCH nicer.

• Thought about getting these Lanvin x H&M's, but I have no idea when or where I'd wear 'em:

These are from the same collection, I love 'em but I lack the balls or tact to pull 'em off:

I don't like purple so Ima pass on those, but the pewter pair are pretty understated, all things considering....I think you could easily pull them off on a night out as long as everything above it is classic and in the right colours.

• That Lanvin x H&M collaboration was so beyond underwhelming. The shoes are pretty bad in person. Sweat pants weren't that bad, for what they were, though.

• dwyhajlo said:
    That Lanvin x H&M collaboration was so beyond underwhelming. The shoes are pretty bad in person. Sweat pants weren't that bad, for what they were, though.

Wool, right?

Thanks for the heads up on the shoes. I saw a few eBay pics where they looked kinda flakey (literally). I was suspicious of them because they're only $80.

• Herm said:
    dwyhajlo said:
    That Lanvin x H&M collaboration was so beyond underwhelming. The shoes are pretty bad in person. Sweat pants weren't that bad, for what they were, though.

Wool, right?

Thanks for the heads up on the shoes. I saw a few eBay pics where they looked kinda flakey (literally). I was suspicious of them because they're only $80.

Yeah, I've heard that some of the shoes are already flaking like crazy. Good grief. That's H&M for you, though.
    The sweatpants are wool, and if memory serves there are some that are a wool/lycra blend.

My intuition is telling me that none of the stuff is going to be worth the price you're going to pay on eBay for it.

Doesn't even come close to touching the Acne x Lanvin collaborations in terms of quality (and also in terms of price, though).

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    I would pass on H&M shoes, Herm. I know you're a fan of Lanvin, but in my experience, H&M's product quality is hit-or-miss. I have a pair of H&M slacks and a dress that are made beautifully and look like they cost more than $30, but I've also come across a fabric that literally melted under medium-heat from my iron.

Retailers like H&M and Forever 21 are great for trendy items you don't expect to wear very often. As a petite woman, I like the fact that H&M offers European sizes which are smaller than equivalent (yet inflated) American sizes, but I unfortunately cannot rely on such places for staple items due to questionable textile quality.

• Almond said:
    I would pass on H&M shoes, Herm. I know you're a fan of Lanvin, but in my experience, H&M's product quality is hit-or-miss.

To be honest, I probably couldn't tell a Lanvin from a Forever 21! I mean, I know what they are 'cause the internet tells me, but really I just like what I like regardless.

Herm said:

Cankle covers?

Looks like something Alicia Keys would wear:

• If any of you are interested, Atelier New York (http://www.ateliernewyork.com/) is having a 40% off autumn/winter sale. You just have to email them and ask if you want to order an item.

The Maison Martin Margiela e-shop (http://eboutique.maisonmartinmargiela.com/chooseYourCountry.asp) is also having a 40% off sale if you use the discount code "USMMMCONFIDENTIAL" at checkout. It doesn't apply to all items, but you can get some really good deals on some nice stuff.

The Jil Sander e-shop (http://store.jilsander.com/navigation.asp?tskay=6E4007DC#/splash/gender/U/season/main) is also having a 40% off sale with the code "PRIVATEWINTER10".

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Herm said:

One of the things that draws me to heels is the shape - the fluidity and angle of a well-designed heel to toe plane can be one of the sexiest things ever. Cloaking it makes me wonder why anyone would bother suffering a 3"heel.

• Friend of mine picked these up for me at Nordstrom's Last Chance yesterday. $40 (originally $195).

Cole Haan 'Air Garrett' Wingtip Oxfords in burgundy

I really need to stop. I'm up to 20-21 pairs of dress/work shoes.

• Also, I'm okay with cankles.

Nobody's perfect.

Thankles on the other hand...errr, foot...

What are thankles?

• Almond said:
    What are thankles?

Thigh + ankles.

My invention, so I should've said Thankles??.

So, people with thankles are missing calves?

I don't get it. Maybe I don't want to know.

• Almond said:
    So, people with thankles are missing calves?

I don't get it. Maybe I don't want to know.

Basically.

I'm just saying that their ankles are as thick as their thighs. I thought I was being clever. Nevermind.

• GQ Magazine subscription for only $4 a year! (I just subscribed for 3 years and it cost me just over $13.)

http://www.tanga.com/products/gq-magazine-subscription--14

Use the coupon code SLICK.

Not sure how long it'll last so you may want to act fast.

• Merry Christmas to me.

Sebago DT High boots. Only 48 pair made.

wow - yes. I would wear these.
    link? other colours?