NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Detroit vs Boston is the best story in the League hands down.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    BIG MOTHERFUCKIN BABY[/b]

One streak ended at 11, another continued to 9.

I think all haters have been quieted for at least
    a little while. This team is for real.

... and Paul Pierce should be a damn All Star.

"They're a little more happy than we were when we won our game at their place. It was just a regular game for us with two good teams playing. They were kind of playing like it was the Super Bowl. It???s just a regular game, man, with two good teams playing. This probably means a little more to them and their psyche than it was for us. But they won, man, they won."

"They're a little more happy than we were when we won our game at their place. It was just a regular game for us with two good teams playing. They were kind of playing like it was the Super Bowl. It???s just a regular game, man, with two good teams playing. This probably means a little more to them and their psyche than it was for us. But they won, man, they won."

He's right but this is the same attitude that helped Lebron and them surprise Detroit.

This is the Pistons achilles heel.......passion.

He's right but this is the same attitude that helped Lebron and them surprise Detroit.

The Pistons don't have a problem with passion, I think urgency is a better word for it. There's no urgency in winning last night's regular season game. And there'll be no excuse for lack of it come playoff time.

The Pistons don't have a problem with passion, I think urgency is a better word for it. There's no urgency in winning last night's regular season game. And there'll be no excuse for lack of it come playoff time.

I fault the vets. The hungry bench of young guns can provide that eagerness.

• The context of Chauncey's comments come after a ridiculous miss of 3 ball a good 1 & 1/2 ft. behind the arc thereby losing the game for the 'stones (strictly airing it out at that). C Bills often hates to be upstaged by other stars and tries this homerun hit shit. I hope he gets it out of his system soon at least in time for the playoffs. The good thing is that it really is only a regular season game. I like the intensity. There hasn't been a memorable Celtics game before this season since Rip hit the sub-1 second jumper catch-and-shoot to win the game a couple of seasons back in Boston. Its nice to see Boston got a squad and they like to bang. Big baby won't be pulling this shit again.

Nice post DNice.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Wow nice first post!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Lakers baby.

• Six best records in the league right now:

Boston
    Detroit

then it's

S.A.
    Phx
    Dallas
    New Orleans

Maybe this years Finals will be entertaining. The West looks wide open with no team quite distinguishing itself yet. Can Hornets/Lakers/Nuggs break thru into the Western Finals? Rest of the year is shaping up nice.

• BIG MOTHERFUCKIN BABY[/b]

Damn. I'll step up and say I was wrong about the Cs.

At least my man Glen Davis is getting a small cult following. LSU/Louisiana boy there.

Can Hornets/Lakers/Nuggs break thru into the Western Finals?

good question

• Can Hornets/Lakers/Nuggs break thru into the Western Finals?

good question

THE question.

Hornets playing some shockingly good basketball.

Nuggets getting their swag goin'.

Lakers playing hot early on.

I still say Spurs/Suns//Mavs are really the teams to beat in the West, at least when it comes to playoffs. I know it's mad early, but here is an ideal playoff setup for the west:

Spurs/??? (Portland? Utah? whoever does it loses in the 1st round)

Suns/Warriors (would be an exciting, fast-paced series with no defense)

Mavs/Lakers (would be a solid series, lots of fundamentals and good coaching)

Hornets/Nuggets (would be a good matchup, the two best guards in the league wearing the #3, 2 of the best rebounders in the league, plus this would probably be the best-case-scenario for Denver to advance to the 2nd round! haha)

Hornets/Nuggets (would be a good matchup, the two best guards in the league wearing the #3, 2 of the best rebounders in the league, plus this would probably be the best-case-scenario for Denver to advance to the 2nd round! haha)

That's if you expecting the Nuggets exp to carry them over. I think the Nuggets can fuck w/ errybody in the West w/ the exception of San Antonio. The Nuggets havent gelled yet, and im a little scurred that any team w/ The Answer can truly "GEL".

• Hornets/Nuggets (would be a good matchup, the two best guards in the league wearing the #3, 2 of the best rebounders in the league, plus this would probably be the best-case-scenario for Denver to advance to the 2nd round! haha)

That's if you expecting the Nuggets exp to carry them over. I think the Nuggets can fuck w/ errybody in the West w/ the exception of San Antonio. The Nuggets havent gelled yet, and im a little scurred that any team w/ The Answer can truly "GEL".

I hear ya. And yeah, I guess I'm coming from an experience standpoint. And I agree that the Spurs are the only "unbeatable" team for us right now. We'll see how we look against the Suns tonight with a healthy Nene, Kmart, Atkins, etc.

I can understand how anybody who watched Iverson play for any length of time in Philly would be skeptical of him being a true team player, but I know this situation is different for him. He is now surrounded by players he can trust and who he knows can handle the game when he can't. It seems like it's taking a long time for things to set form the outside, but really, it's not an issue with him or Melo. Their numbers, along with Marcus Camby's, are solid and consistent for the most part. I think the different rotations due to injuries and guys coming back from injuries is what's been the catalyst for our inconsistency this season so far. We haven't yet lost in 2008 and we've played pretty exceptional defense in each game so far. 10+ blocked shots in 4 straight games, for example. Hopefully this is the shape of things to come for Denver.

I think the different rotations due to injuries and guys coming back from injuries is what's been the catalyst for our inconsistency this season so far. .

• BIG MOTHERFUCKIN BABY[/b]

At least my man Glen Davis is getting a small cult following. LSU/Louisiana boy there.

And, Gene, I will step up and say I was VERY wrong about your boy, Glen Davis.
    He's been a good addition to this team...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    BIG MOTHERFUCKIN BABY[/b]

And, Gene, I will step up and say I was VERY wrong about your boy, Glen Davis.
    He's been a good addition to this team...

Me too. I didn't think he'd amount to much but I was only thinking about his offensive skills. He's proven to be a very good role player. Although I did see a Celtics game where he played about 20 minutes and never once even tried to take a shot.

• Damn, PHX got 46 in the 1st quarter. This ain't lookin' good for DEN. Gotta put the stop on these fools Denver, come on!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Damn, PHX got 46 in the 1st quarter. This ain't lookin' good for DEN. Gotta put the stop on these fools Denver, come on!

STAT straight up denied Nene a couple times and Nene was pissed! Did you see how he glared at Stoudemire after he dunked hard on him? Haha.

Marcus banks was on fire. Denver still needs to work on that gellin' but Suns are proving that if they are on point for the night they are pretty much impossible to beat now that they have everyone healthy.

Suns chemistry issues? Fuk it, they just need to play hard physical ball and win this schitt. Amare knows it and his defense has improved a lot. Watch out Celtics.

• I didn't watch. When they were down by 25 and kept turning the ball over I turned it off cuz I got pissed. Anyway, anybody who says the Suns are not playing with good chemistry is retarded. If you look at their record, they've played more road games than a lot (than any?) of the other top five teams in the league (teams with top 5 records I mean) and they are still a top 5 team. And not to make excuses, but this was Denver's 4th game in 5 nights, so I kind of expected them to have a quiet night. Thing is, they still did pretty good scoring and rebounding, but they were apparently too tired to defend the Suns' offense, too fast and on point. Good game PHX, y'all are a dangerous team, no doubt.

• How the hell did the Dubs beat the Spurs last night?? Did anyone catch it?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    yeah, i caught it. the first quarter was crap for the W's, but they really turned it on in the second. they had jackson out on the perimeter denying parker the ball, and if he got it, they ran a weird rotating zone where ellis would man parker and everyone else was running through the passing lanes. Biedrins played AMAZING d on duncan through most of four quarters (considering that Duncan is a much better player, but he only went 9-19, but he lived at the free throw line), routinely poking the ball out of his hands and altering his shots. He committed his fifth foul towards the beginning of the fourth so they had harrington hacking the shit out of him from there on out. Ellis Azibuike and Baron killed it in the second half and lured the spurs on several key possessions into a faster pace which they were not comfortable with. Baron absolutely owned Bruce Bowen in the second half and used the spurs bench players on drives to the rim. Michael Finley (cold blooded mufucka!) hit clutch shots, and Parker hit a crazy looking 3 to send it into overtime. Biedrins played most of the OT, but the goal was to deny duncan the ball, the W's went on a 12-2 run off of turnovers, and the Azibuike was all over the floor.
    Also, as much as I don't think he belongs in the W's system, Pietrus was absolutely clutch last night.

• Wow. That sounds like it was a good game to watch. Getting the Spurs out of their half court set and speeding the game up is key. I think that's the only way a team in the west can beat them. Nice one, Nellie.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

Also, as much as I don't think he belongs in the W's system, Pietrus was absolutely clutch last night.

trade that fool

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    In overtime the Spurs also came apart. They had turnover after turnover, many of which were not forced by the Warriors. Completely unlike that team, but I'll take the victory.

Parker hit a 3 right at the end of the 4th to send it to overtime and I thought that had taken the life out of the Ws and they were going to lose, but Jackson came alive in the 4th and overtime. The guy couldn't hit shit for 3 straight quarters. Great win for GS.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Two big matchups tonight.

Lakers @ Hornets

Pistons @ Mavericks.

• Lakers/Hornets should be a good game. Pistons should dominate Dallas, but we'll see.

Two big matchups tonight.

Lakers @ Hornets

Pistons @ Mavericks.

Warriors @ Blazers should be a good one, too.

• Pistons should dominate Dallas, but we'll see.

I was way wrong on this so far, but I hope Detroit stays in it to make it a game. Dirk's gettin' his, Brandon Bass makes power moves!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Pistons should dominate Dallas, but we'll see.

I was way wrong on this so far, but I hope Detroit stays in it to make it a game. Dirk's gettin' his, Brandon Bass makes power moves!

We've needed a guy like Bass, who will go to the hoop with authority, for some time now.

The Pistons have looked unimpressive.