NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Derrick Fisher > Chucky Atkins/Anthony Carter

K.O.B.E. > The Answer

Luke Walton/Trevor Ariza < MELO

Lamar O.D.O.M < Kenyon Martin(when healthy)

Andrew Bynum < Camby

Phil Jackson > George Karl

George Karl is a great coach as well.

Bynum, I think already has a better offensive game than Camby.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Bynum, I think already has a better offensive game than Camby.

Only in the paint. Camby can make those jumpers.

Since entering the NBA in 1996, Camby has been one of the game???s best shot blockers. His career average of 2.56 blocks ranks fourth among all active players and has led the league in blocks on three occasions ??? 1997-98, 2005-06 and 2006-07. Camby joins George Johnson, Dikembe Mutombo, Hakeem Olajuwon and Theo Ratliff with three blocked shots titles, and is just one title behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Mark Eaton for the most all-time.[/b]

Bynum has a better upside.

• Bynum, I think already has a better offensive game than Camby.

This is the kind of comment that can only be explained as Telepathy. Well done.

• Derrick Fisher > Chucky Atkins/Anthony Carter

K.O.B.E. > The Answer

Andrew Bynum < Camby

I would have to agree with all of this. How about a bench comparison though? The bench is really what rounds out a good team to make them a great team. Not saying either team has it right now, but the comparison should deifnitely be made if we're taking it there.

Carter is still starting PG on Denver so we'll call Atkins the bench. And Walton has started more games than Ariza.

Atkins vs. Farmar = Atkins, veteran, knows the game more.

JR Smith vs. Vujacic = Smith. Averaging more points, much stronger and more athletic player, especially when attacking the basket.

Kleiza vs. Ariza - Haven't seen Ariza enough to know, as I'm sure the same could be said for Kleiza for most of you. I imagine y'all will be saying Ariza here, but I gotta go with Kleiza. He's at 10 pts 4 boards in 22 minutes so far this season. And he had a slick game winner this season already.

Nene vs. Turiaf - Nene. Turiaf matches up better with a guy like Najera though, really. Hustle player. Doesn't put up much in the way of stats, but is always in the mix. Nene is a monster when he's healthy, unstopabble in the paint for the most part.

Najera vs. Radmonovich - Najera. More hustle, defense, and now that he's learning to shoot the three, he's adding a dimension to his game. He can't shoot it like Vladmir, but hey...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

K.O.B.E. > The Answer

Andrew Bynum < Camby

I would have to agree with all of this. How about a bench comparison though? The bench is really what rounds out a good team to make them a great team. Not saying either team has it right now, but the comparison should deifnitely be made if we're taking it there.

Carter is still starting PG on Denver so we'll call Atkins the bench. And Walton has started more games than Ariza.

JR Smith vs. Vujacic = Smith. Averaging more points, much stronger and more athletic player, especially when attacking the basket.

Kleiza vs. Ariza - Haven't seen Ariza enough to know, as I'm sure the same could be said for Kleiza for most of you. I imagine y'all will be saying Ariza here, but I gotta go with Kleiza. He's at 10 pts 4 boards in 22 minutes so far this season. And he had a slick game winner this season already.

Nene vs. Turiaf - Nene. Turiaf matches up better with a guy like Najera though, really. Hustle player. Doesn't put up much in the way of stats, but is always in the mix. Nene is a monster when he's healthy, unstopabble in the paint for the most part.

Najera vs. Radmonovich - Najera. More hustle, defense, and now that he's learning to shoot the three, he's adding a dimension to his game. He can't shoot it like Vladmir, but hey...

Your on point here.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Suns > Denver > Lakers

DEAL

K.O.B.E. > The Answer

Andrew Bynum < Camby

"Open looks, but only converted on 30% of those."

Bynum has better hands, and is the greater low post threat. You can check the stats on that one. Points and FG % don't lie.

Atkins is as one-dimensional a PG as you can get. Farmar is a baller.

Ariza is the truth on both ends. Tremendous upside. Please believe it.

****Alright, so LA has the second youngest team in the league. Denver has what two future hall-of-famers, Marcus Camby, and Kenyon Martin??? And yet, they're records are similar so far in the season. Speaks volumes about team chemistry.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Points and FG % don't lie.

Farmar
    Career Statistics
    PPG 5.8 RPG 1.9 APG 2.2 SPG 0.7
    FG% 0.445

BALLER!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Farmar

Career Statistics
    FG% 0.445

BALLER!

Note that even li'l scrappy apparently concedes that he is something less than a balla.

Suns > Denver > Lakers

DEAL

hell naw. Bynum owns Stoudamire. Ariza owns Barbosa. DEAL.

Farmar

Career Statistics
    FG% 0.445

BALLER!

Note that even li'l scrappy apparently concedes that he is something less than a balla.

So which of your teams are doing well right now?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Farmar

Career Statistics
    FG% 0.445

BALLER!

So which of your teams are doing well right now?

Pretty much all of them.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Denver > Lakers

You can look at the rosters and compare players all you want but what's happened with that match-up so far this season? Denver had some huge individual success and big leads in both games, but ended up losing to the Lakers.

11/29 Lakers 127 Denver 99

12/5 Lakers 111 Denver 107

In that December game Iverson went off for 51, and in the November one Denver shot out to a big lead in the 1st quarter and then let it slip away.

In the standings Denver is only a game ahead of the Lakers as well.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    How's K-Mart doing on the splinter stat???

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    9.6/5.9 in 25mpg isn't too bad this season, for a bench guy. Nothing to write home about though.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    9.6/5.9 in 25mpg isn't too bad this season, for a bench guy. Nothing to write home about though.

plus he's missed 25% of their games

TNT double-header tonight starting now.

Is everyone using telepathic powers now or what?

• Denver > Lakers

You can look at the rosters and compare players all you want but what's happened with that match-up so far this season? Denver had some huge individual success and big leads in both games, but ended up losing to the Lakers.

11/29 Lakers 127 Denver 99

12/5 Lakers 111 Denver 107

In that December game Iverson went off for 51, and in the November one Denver shot out to a big lead in the 1st quarter and then let it slip away.

In the standings Denver is only a game ahead of the Lakers as well.

Losing to the Lakers doesn't matter though. It's beating the Spurs like we just did that counts! 77 to 80, Denver. What it do!

• 9.6/5.9 in 25mpg isn't too bad this season, for a bench guy. Nothing to write home about though.

plus he's missed 25% of their games

I know you have this pumping urge to hate on Kmart, but no matter how much you try to hate, he is still making a positive difference for the team when he's on the court, and I'm thankful for that! I know he hasn't won a ring or been the MVP or the DPotY, but he's a great player, period. He gets injured, he gets mad, but otherwise, he balls hard.

PS - 7 Blocks against the Spurs tonight, career high.

• The new streak has begun.....

The new streak has begun.....

Those dudes are looking confident out there.

• They should, they have a lot of good, young players with nothing to lose.

• They should, they have a lot of good, young players with nothing to lose.

Thats an excellent call on the "nothing to lose." In the past Portland teams have had a lot of expectations laid on them by the local fans, always comparisons to the championship team or the Drexler teams. I felt bad for those teams at the beginning of this decade that would have winning seasons and make the playoffs and the local media would grumble about how they "just weren't the same" as the old Blazers. Now that fans know what its like to have a really losing team they are just happy for whatever positivity they can get. Its a much better environment for young basketball players.

• They really are doing a good job at rebuilding the basketball culture there. Young players, no expectations, good coaching staff, and their team is getting wins like a mofo right now. You can tell that the lack of expectations has taken the pressure off of these young guys a bit and they play loose and have fun on the court. I like that.

• They really are doing a good job at rebuilding the basketball culture there. Young players, no expectations, good coaching staff, and their team is getting wins like a mofo right now. You can tell that the lack of expectations has taken the pressure off of these young guys a bit and they play loose and have fun on the court. I like that.

Yeah, we will see how long they can preserve this state of grace. Because pretty soon teams will be gunning for them, and then we find out if they can buckle down and grind out wins. Also, a big concern has to be the "rookie wall," although most of these guys are second or third year players. Veteran players know how to ration their energies so that the tank is not running empty by the end of the season. But whatever happens these guys have already done enough to make me happy for a whole season.

• I can't speak on how Altlanta fans feel about their team, but the Hawks are having a similar season to the Blazers. All those young high draft picks are finally making some noise on a pro level. Don't sleep on Marvin Williams.

• Also, a big concern has to be the "rookie wall," although most of these guys are second or third year players. Veteran players know how to ration their energies so that the tank is not running empty by the end of the season.

And this is precisely why I been trying to say these young teams who get hot in December are not really that threatening because they aren't going to maintain this momentum through May. I feel you though, if that was my team, I'd be pleasantly suprised and happy with their season already.

Unfortunately, my team is on a rollercoaster and they look like a different team from one game to the next. I personally think they are actually saving their energy a bit for the latter half of the season, but it would be nice to see some defensive consistency. The Spurs game last night was a great start to the year.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I just got back from the Warriors game tonight against the Hornets. Typical inconsistent Warriors basketball. Baron was off all night, missed about six free throws and got schooled in the 4th by Chris Paul who ran him all over the floor. Made him look like an old man. As a team they got burned almost every possession on defense, only a handful of real stops.

Also, the female ref made some straight up awful calls. Every time I go I'm shocked how much worse the officiating is than in college.

Oh yeah, and the Warriors girls?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    BIG MOTHERFUCKIN BABY[/b]

One streak ended at 11, another continued to 9.

I think all haters have been quieted for at least
    a little while. This team is for real.

... and Paul Pierce should be a damn All Star.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Big Baby playin BIG tonite! Damn!!!!

Arrgh why dud the Hornets beat the Suns, it was close at the end, damnnnn. Yaargh.