The "N" Word--and by that I mean Nigga

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    the people i hate are the jews.

• the people i hate are the jews.

nice one asshole... wanna say that to my face?

I'm jewish, sarcasm doesnt translate to print. my bad.

• oh OK... well i am a 450 pound transexual samoan converted jew with a club foot. top that.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    oh OK... well i am a 450 pound transexual samoan converted jew with a club foot. top that.

I'm a twiddle stick

why convert to the hebrews, it won't make you more attractive.

It will enhance your penis size (little known fact.)

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• i am an elderly 4 foot 5 inch central american hebrew with one testical and a huge dong.

don't get me started on the fucking Nicaraguans. I hate them the most.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

3. NOTHING is worse than white dudes in fucking doo-rags (ie. 2 dudes wearing NC gear jumping you in a ralphs parking lot)

• If you are tring to be "down" with a whole fucking race of people you are an idiot. Just be nice to people, for chrissakes.[/b] Wave hi to your neighbor and shit. If you are a good person with honest intentions then in the end you'll be "down" with whoever you meet.

i didn't read this thread, but i like that.

co-fucking-sign

that was great

Co-cosign. Words to live by.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I like it when white people debate the merits of non-white people things, kinda like white people discussing how awful it is the majority of black folks are lactose intolerant. whyyyy

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I like it when white people debate the merits of non-white people things, kinda like white people discussing how awful it is the majority of black folks are lactose intolerant. whyyyy

Oh man, you just blew my mind.

Oh man, you just blew my mind.

You're named after toilet paper.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I'm lactose intolerant, so I think that means I can use the N word. Hold on... let me run that by my "black friends" real quick....

I'm lactose intolerant, so I think that means I can use the N word. Hold on... let me run that by my "black friends" real quick....

Funny, but I wasn't connecting the two.

My point was more that why do white people care. Who cares. I don't care. Say it, don't say it. Just for ease, is there a reason that it must spill out you crackers' mouths? Does money fall from the sky when you say it? Do you gain an entre into an elite club when you say it? If certain people want to be in a special club because they get to say a special password then so be it. What you should really be concerned about is why black guys' dicks are bigger than white guys'. That's what I'm concerned about.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Funny, but I wasn't connecting the two.

My point was more that why do white people care. Who cares. I don't care. Say it, don't say it. Just for ease, is there a reason that it must spill out you crackers' mouths? Does money fall from the sky when you say it? Do you gain an entre into an elite club when you say it? If certain people want to be in a special club because they get to say a special password then so be it. What you should really be concerned about is why black guys' dicks are bigger than white guys'. That's what I'm concerned about.

Some dude on here recently came to the realization that he is not funny[/b]. I hope you and RoyMarble can someday do the same.

Some dude on here recently came to the realization that he is not funny[/b]. I hope you and RoyMarble can someday do the same.

I'm sorry twoply, I carry on simply to see how many times I can make you reply in a seemingly well-formed yet completely inane format.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Because it's "dangerous", "shocking", and "cool".

Good post, homie.

It's...uh, stupid, condescending, and naive!!! I wonder how many of these idiots REALLY know the plight of Black folks in this country.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Thank you Big Stacks. With respect.

SIX REASONS NOT TO...[/b]

Photograph shows a young African American boy watching a group of people, some carrying American flags, march past to protest the admission of the "Little Rock Nine" to Central High School.

The Bell Rack.[/b] Contraption used by an Alabama slave owner to guard a runaway slave. This rack was originally topped by a bell which rang when the runaway attempted to leave the road and go through the foliage or trees. It was attached around the neck as shown in the picture. A belt was passed through the loop at the bottom to hold the iron rod firmly fastened to the waist of the wearer. In the accompanying photograph Richbourg Gailliard, assistant to the director of the Federal Museum and also a well-known young Mobile artist, poses to show the use made of the bell rack.

Map showing sugar producing areas where slave labor is used, contrasted with sugar producing areas with which trade is restricted or prohibited because of high duties which protect the sugar of the slave economy.

TITLE: Grand celebrashun ob de bobalition ob African slaver!!![/b]

Another in the "bobalition" series of broadsides parodying the manners, illiteracy, and dialect of Boston blacks. This one is facetiously dated "Uly 14, 1825, 6 month and little more beside," suggesting it appeared in 1825 or 1826. It is illustrated with silhouette figures of black men, one (on the left) saying, "Bosson, Uly 14, 1825 and little arter" and the second, "That is de day ob de grand Celebrashun." The text includes mock instructions for the procession, toasts, songs, etc., to mark the anniversary of the abolition of the slave trade. One toast is to "General Jackson--Eber he get to be Presumdent ob d Nuited States, he won't hang de rascal slow."

This is a white man's government" "We regard the Reconstruction Acts (so called) of Congress as usurpations, and unconstitutional, revolutionary, and void"[/b] - Democratic Platform / Th. Nast.

Cartoon showing man with belt buckle "CSA" holding a knife "the lost cause," a stereotyped Irishman holding club "a vote," and another man wearing a button "5 Avenue" and holding wallet "capital for votes," with their feet on an African American soldier sprawled on the ground. In the background, a "colored orphan asylum" and a "southern school" are in flames; African American children have been lynched near the burning buildings.

Published in Harper's weekly, v. 12, 1868 Sept. 5

And speedily the punishment fits the crime[/b]

Man hung by neck from tree by 4 soldiers.

There were often two motives for lynchings in the United States. The first was the social aspect--righting some social wrong or perceived social wrong (such as a violation of Jim Crow etiquette). The second was the economic aspect. For example, upon successful lynching of a black farmer or immigrant merchant, the land would be available and the market opened for white Americans. A black journalist, Ida B. Wells, discovered in the 1890s that black lynch victims were accused of rape or attempted rape only about one-third of the time. The most prevalent accusation was murder or attempted murder, followed by a list of infractions that included verbal and physical aggression, spirited business competition and independence of mind.

In some cases, lynchings were treated like circuses with many (white) families enjoying the spectacle of the execution as entertainment. More often, victims were lynched by a small group of white vigilantes late at night. Less than 1% of the lynch mob participants were ever convicted. More than 85% of the estimated 5000 lynchings in the post-Civil War period occurred in the southern US states but the problem was nationwide, peaking in 1892 when 161 African-Americans were lynched.

Southern trees bear strange fruit

Blood on the leaves and blood at the roots

Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze

Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees

Pastoral scene of the gallant south

The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth

Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh

Then the sudden smell of burning flesh

Here is fruit for the crows to pluck

For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck

For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop

Here is a strange and bitter crop

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Bambouche,

Very nice post, indeed!!! Plus, a loooooong time ago I instructed the Soulstrut massive how White guys can be "down" with the brothers. Just be a "cool-ass White dude" who is not afraid to be himself. I've known several in my lifetime that were not ashamed to be a Judas Priest fan, but was secure enough to accompany me to where the Black folks hung out, just as I was interested and comfortable enough to tread where the White folks hung out. It's a give-and-take thing where each show mutual goodwill and interest to see how the other half lives. The pseudo-liberal (and xenophobic) White person engages in asymmetrical relations with the Blacks where the Black person is encouraged to venture into White circles, but the White person is too afraid to venture into the Black guy's social realm. I find this arrogant and condescending and choose not to form such one-sided friendships. If you're gonna be down, be down all the way or not at all. Stop frontin' (for those that are)!!!!

Something else that I think is stupid is how these suburban White kids are trying to be gangstas now. There is no reward in doing that, in fact, they are throwing away the very advantages that will aid their success in life. There are Black folks that would kill to have those advantages, so White guys doing dumb shit in the suburbs does not gain respect, but ridicule. Crime is a by-product of undereducation, poverty, lack of opportunity, and hopelessness, among other things. Wilin' out in the 'burbs serves no purpose whatsoever. Obsessing about saying "nigga" is silly and reflects a very narrow-minded and idealistic view of Black culture and its associated experiences. Being Black in America is a bitch and there is not one White guy that would want to walk 5 steps in Black shoes. We encounter daily indignities like (1) racial slurs, (2) being tailed by the cops, (3) rude treatment, (4) physical avoidance, (5) retrieving change from the register counter because the clerk is deathly afraid of making contact with your hand so he/she drops it, (6) being stared at and tailed at stores, (7) being passed over for service by customer service clerks or stepped in front of by White patrons (who I sternly correct, by the way), (8) having your points ignored or minimized in meetings, (9) being treated in a patronizing and condescending manner, (9) having your merits challenged by colleagues, superiors, subordinates, (10) having your $100 bill held up to the light to see if it's genuine, (11) having the clerk ask only you for ID when you use your charge card but not any other customers, (12) receiving bad service from waiters and waitresses, (13) watching folks cowar in the corner when you step on the elevator, (14) being stopped by the cops when you drive through a nice neighborhood and receive rude treatment and snide remarks, (14) having to be 10 times better than White colleagues to be consider merely "acceptable", (15) being stopped and questioned by the police because you "fit the description", and on and on. This is shit I've experienced personally and I'm an upper middle-class, well-educated, well-bred, courteous, respectable, and law-abiding Black man. So wannabees, still wanna be Black???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Six more reasons not to...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I just want to say that Bam and Stacks' posts are the only two I've read so far today, yet there was enough knowledge, brilliance and insight contained in them to last the rest of our lives, for any of us on here.

School is officially in session.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    too much to read as i got here kinda late.
    imma put it like eazy e said it 15 years ago to the day...
    "nigga say nigga we cool, but/ cracka say nigga better nut the f*ck up!"

What about when nigga say cracka?

i wouldnt dare.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    (11) having the clerk ask only you for ID when you use your charge card but not any other customers

This happened to my wife and I coming back through the Minneapolis Airport a while back. We checked in together, and the clerk asked for her ID and not mine. She was pissed[/b] and let that fact be clearly known. And as she has reminded me all the time since, this is a common everyday occurrance when you are Black. Doesn't matter if you are 'professional-looking' or 'thugged-out', you will face this shit head on all the time, it's in the details.

And even if you are the type of White person who notices this stuff, you are gonna miss a lot more of those details than you ever catch...because it is just not directed at us the same way. We are afforded the luxury of being oblivious.

• (11) having the clerk ask only you for ID when you use your charge card but not any other customers

This happened to my wife and I coming back through the Minneapolis Airport a while back. We checked in together, and the clerk asked for her ID and not mine. She was pissed[/b] and let that fact be clearly known. And as she has reminded me all the time since, this is a common everyday occurrance when you are Black. Doesn't matter if you are 'professional-looking' or 'thugged-out', you will face this shit head on all the time, it's in the details.

And even if you are the type of White person who notices this stuff, you are gonna miss a lot more of those details than you ever catch...because it is just not directed at us the same way. We are afforded the luxury of being oblivious.

We are afforded the luxury of being oblivious. [/b]

Perfectly worded.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Plus, a loooooong time ago I instructed the Soulstrut massive how White guys can be "down" with the brothers. Just be a "cool-ass White dude" who is not afraid to be himself. If you're gonna be down, be down all the way or not at all. Stop frontin' (for those that are)!!!!

We are afforded the luxury of being oblivious

Regardless your "color" this hit a nerve with many people here and that was my point. Thank you for the discussion on this from everyone--including those I pissed off. The initial post was immature...as it was intended to be...forgive me...I was never trying to promote the use of the word "nigga" or have it be accepted. I could care less if I'm down....I want the current state of mainstream hip hip to change because of how powerfully it affects people--if hip hop rediscovers itself as a tool to promote consiousness, then controversial issues like white people saying the word should be addressed.

Peace...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i didnt read the whole thing, but i cant say i didnt learn a thing or 2.

1. the gnat is aptly named
    2. canadians have great taste in cinema
    3. salary_diz is a smart, wordy mo-fo.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    hi shig

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    The fact is, who your friends are doesn't give you a "pass" for jack shit. If you and your friends are comfortable calling each other "nigga" then have a fucking field day. In the mean time, outside the gates of your own private mind garden is what we call the "real world", where shit isn't that simple.

ok, rant over.

You didn't rant you made perfect sense...As a newbie I realize that it isn't kosher to be inflammatory so soon but comments like this were exactly what I wanted to provoke...thanks...sorry if I offended...

Peace,
    Nat

• Something else that I think is stupid is how these suburban White kids are trying to be gangstas now. There is no reward in doing that, in fact, they are throwing away the very advantages that will aid their success in life.

Much respect to you Big Stacks for your wisdom and perspective, but plaese to not idealize white suburbs (having grown up in one).