The "N" Word--and by that I mean Nigga

GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
As a 27 y/o consciously self confessed honkey (cocky white guilt , maybe, but do I give a shit, hell no because after all, y'all would take advantage if it meant the difference of getting a speeding ticket or not) that loves hip hop (I love the word honkey by the way and if you see me on the street--call me it with GUSTO, cuz I'm bringing that shit up), I have worked through my "N" word issues ( cause after all, I have black friends ). But I'm fucking curious to hear about others and their escapades with this word whether you're black purple or what ever the fuck...I realize that this is a charged word/concept and implies racial subjection of black folks back in the day and even currently by some backwards-ass fucks...BUTT Mind you I am not making light of that at all...but then again "my lips is like a doo wop as I start to spray it, sucka nigga, Nigga Nigga...." And yeah, I realize you PC fools out there are going to say some BS like he's just a wigger and this that and the other--and you know what--FUCK YOU if you take this post so seriously that you need to talk to your Mom or your therapist about this...so, RSVP if you wanna come correct...

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I don't understand why white people so badly want to use this word.

There are countless more appropriate words that can be used in its place.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    For example?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Weak.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Weak.

cosign on this weakness. c'mon man. If you have to ask........

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    "my lips is like a doo wop as I start to spray it, sucka nigga, Nigga Nigga...."

yo, what the fuck is a "doo wop"?

I think mabye its best to start with learning some less contreversial ebonics before making that big leap to the N word. Telling people you love the word honkey isnt going to help things either. It just makes you sound stupid.

Bottom line, whatever comes out of your mouth, if you're a white guy, and you've ever had "N-Word issues"?, you might wanna shut your mouth in the future.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Weak.
    Weak.
    Weak.
    Weak.
    Weak.
    Weak.
    Weak.
    Weak.
    Weak.
    Weak.
    Weak.
    Weak.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    hhahahahahahaahaha
    2ply hit the nail on the head.

plaese to validate yourself in other ways, kind sirs

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    But seriously - if you are actually trying to educate yourself, as opposed to just trying to start some inflammatory business on here, go read this:

and then come talk to us.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    You might want to learn how to type coherently before going around using big words like that.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    But seriously - if you actually trying to educate yourself, as opposed to just trying to start some inflammatory business on here, go read this:

and then come talk to us.

I read that book, and all I can say is "WOW"

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    It's all the value that you place on it. Personally, if some soundwaves can get you that worked up...

• OXYCONTINOXYCONTIN 115 Posts
    As a 27 y/o consciously self confessed honkey (cocky white guilt , maybe, but do I give a shit, hell no because after all, y'all would take advantage if it meant the difference of getting a speeding ticket or not) that loves hip hop (I love the word honkey by the way and if you see me on the street--call me it with GUSTO, cuz I'm bringing that shit up), I have worked through my "N" word issues ( cause after all, I have black friends ). But I'm fucking curious to hear about others and their escapades with this word whether you're black purple or what ever the fuck...I realize that this is a charged word/concept and implies racial subjection of black folks back in the day and even currently by some backwards-ass fucks...BUTT Mind you I am not making light of that at all...but then again "my lips is like a doo wop as I start to spray it, sucka nigga, Nigga Nigga...." And yeah, I realize you PC fools out there are going to say some BS like he's just a wigger and this that and the other--and you know what--FUCK YOU if you take this post so seriously that you need to talk to your Mom or your therapist about this...so, RSVP if you wanna come correct...

i was once called a "nugger" and it hurted'd

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    can we talk about records?....DAMN!!

• can we talk about records?....DAMN!!

Is this a good record?

• "my lips is like a doo wop as I start to spray it

yo, what the fuck is a "doo wop"?

Hahah if doud can't figure out what an OOOWOP is (not DOO wop) than maybe there's his answer.

can we talk about records?....DAMN!!

Is this a good record?

nigga please

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I'm still curious how the "lil' n199a" Mack is taking under his wing is doing on the record come up. Headz want to know the deal.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I don't understand why white people so badly want to use this word.

Seriously.

Chris Rock used to have a routine about this like, "I've made millions of dollars, own four mansions and a yacht, have f**ked Raquel Welch, but the one thing that would make my existence complete as a white person would be to be able to say that word."

• PS: reminds me of when iTunes found the CDDB entry for the DJ shadow "diminishing returns". Some dipshit had entered track "hi-low cut" as "hollow cut". like FIRST OF ALL you don't know what a hi-low cut is. I'm incredibly white and I know what a hi-low fade is. You missed it somehow for the last 10 years, okay, cool, whatever. Even if you did they say it about 6 dozen times in the song when referencing a HAIRCUT. The lyrics are like "there's none on the back and yo there's none on the sides." Finally, what kind of sense does a "HOLLOW" cut make when you're talking about hair?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This thread is confuses me...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Honestly, nothing gets under my skin more when people use that word. ESPECIALLY white dudes from the burbs, white folks in general, asians, lations etc...Seriously nothing can get my -ing then when folks use that word.

I hear it a lot at my school and on BART, I always wonder to people who aren't aware that it's "acceptable" what do they think?

seriously, fuck that.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Honestly, nothing gets under my skin more when people use that word. ESPECIALLY white dudes from the burbs, white folks in general, asians, lations etc...Seriously nothing can get my -ing then when folks use that word.

I hear it a lot at my school and on BART, I always wonder to people who aren't aware that it's "acceptable" what do they think?

seriously, fuck that.

CO-SIGN. When I took a couple classes at City College, it was all I heard walking from building to building. Seriously, grow the fuck up folks,

and nothing gets my rolling my eyes (LIKE TEDDY RUXPIN) when people try and come off on some "Ohh...you don't know, we're just taking the word back and making it ours, we're bucking the system!" Please...stop, you folks ain't changing or fighting nothing...

RRAANNTT!

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I have worked through my "N" word issues ( cause after all, I have black friends ).

What "issues" did you work through? That statement doesn't make any sense to me. I also don't like it when people use their friends as a reason to use a derogatory word (ie I have gay friends, so I can say fag and it doesn't mean anything bad etc.) Whoever asked why white people want to say it so bad has the best point in this thread so far IMO. I hope I "came correct" enough for you.

Honestly,

seriously,

honestly AND seriously......dude ..you o.k.?

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!...this thread is turning into a real[/b] thread.....headz is really discussin' this bullshit

Hmm?