NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Why do hatt Melo?
    Dude played pretty damn well last month.

"You need the RIGHT superstars to in a title. If you wanna sell jerseys and create some excitement for a couple seasons, then you get Melo"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Jeremy Lin comes back for Game 3 = Knicks in 6

YES

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Why do hatt Melo?

"You need the RIGHT superstars to in a title. If you wanna sell jerseys and create some excitement for a couple seasons, then you get Melo"

could u talk basketball?

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Why do hatt Melo?

could u talk basketball?

Everybody and their mama knows, he's a scorer and not much else. Not a leader by example. Not known for his defense. Comes in slightly overweight at the beginning of the season. He ain't a pro's pro that will win you a title. Even if you don't win a title, you could still lead well and get your teammate open looks (e.g. Steve Nash). He doesn't do any of these things.

"Fool's gold"

Now that I think about it, I am REALLY surprised at the end of the season, Derrick Rose wasn't mentioned in the MVP conversation. It was always either Lebron or KD.....in reality, you take away Rose and Chicago doesn't make the playoffs.......the same can't be said of the other guys. Rose for second-straight MVP.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Now that I think about it, I am REALLY surprised at the end of the season, Derrick Rose wasn't mentioned in the MVP conversation. It was always either Lebron or KD.....in reality, you take away Rose and Chicago doesn't make the playoffs.......the same can't be said of the other guys. Rose for second-straight MVP.

Derrick Rose was out for almost 50% of the season, and the Bulls went 18-9 without him. Extrapolate that record to the 66 game season this year, and the Bulls easily make the playoffs.

Rose doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the MVP conversation.

yuichi said:

Dude missed 30 games in a 66 game season. Do the math.

Go Stevie Knicks!

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Just logged in. 36 - 40 at halftime??

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Four points in the fourth quarter?

:dead:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    at least this happened

yeah that was sweet.

Good games today. Finally.
    Kobe 3 in the 2nd was SICK.

Hey Fatmon, you got anything to say about my comments about Melo? Agree, disagree, deny?

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Why do hatt Melo?

could u talk basketball?

Everybody and their mama knows, he's a scorer and not much else. Not a leader by example. Not known for his defense. Comes in slightly overweight at the beginning of the season. He ain't a pro's pro that will win you a title. Even if you don't win a title, you could still lead well and get your teammate open looks (e.g. Steve Nash). He doesn't do any of these things.

"Fool's gold"

I wanna see a healthy Knicks. Amare who has adjusted to playing with Melo. Lin back without the weight of playing with Dantoni ball,Shumpert back and contributing. And Woodson keeping them accountable on the defensive side. Then ill come to a full conclusion whether Melo isnt the pros pro to lead this Knick team next year. He played half a year last year and they were in transition this year with coaches and injuries.

He not a point forward like Pierce who can score and distribute consitantly. Fine but hesthe best post up game of all his superstar peers.

The leader stuff is hard to measure. I wouldnt call him some great lockeroom dude how gives Rudy speeches before big games, but i wont front on his drive to win. Were not talking Gilbert Arenas here.

Im still giving him and the Knicks some slack. I think ur being too harsh and judging him against Kobe who without Shaq and Gasol was a selfish dude himself. Once the help gels or gets their well see.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Why do hatt Melo?

could u talk basketball?

"Fool's gold"

I wanna see a healthy Knicks. Amare who has adjusted to playing with Melo. Lin back without the weight of playing with Dantoni ball,Shumpert back and contributing. And Woodson keeping them accountable on the defensive side. Then ill come to a full conclusion whether Melo isnt the pros pro to lead this Knick team next year. He played half a year last year and they were in transition this year with coaches and injuries.

He not a point forward like Pierce who can score and distribute consitantly. Fine but hesthe best post up game of all his superstar peers.

The leader stuff is hard to measure. I wouldnt call him some great lockeroom dude how gives Rudy speeches before big games, but i wont front on his drive to win. Were not talking Gilbert Arenas here.

Im still giving him and the Knicks some slack. I think ur being too harsh and judging him against Kobe who without Shaq and Gasol was a selfish dude himself. Once the help gels or gets their well see.

I mean look man. He's a part of your city no doubt, he tries, I give him that.

Colin Cowherd says it best when he's talking about "The person making the most money in your locker room sets the tone for the entire team". I think this is more or less true. If your superstar is only concerned about one end of the floor, and not being able to give good direction to teammates, then your team is gonna be a reflection of that.

You give Kobe an Amare or Tyson Chandler and he'd be producing dawg. Melo's basketball IQ is questionable at best.

You allow me to make a squad. There's about 10 stars/superstars I'd choose ahead of him.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Why do hatt Melo?

could u talk basketball?

"Fool's gold"

I mean look man. He's a part of your city no doubt, he tries, I give him that.

Colin Cowherd says it best when he's talking about "The person making the most money in your locker room sets the tone for the entire team". I think this is more or less true. If your superstar is only concerned about one end of the floor, and not being able to give good direction to teammates, then your team is gonna be a reflection of that.

You give Kobe an Amare or Tyson Chandler and he'd be producing dawg. Melo's basketball IQ is questionable at best.

Well.....I've been here a minute and im a PACERS Fan. Fuck The Knicks. But im curious to see how he does in NYC w/ the expectations and all that shit.

And I wish you would graduate from the "he doesnt play Defense" thing. Its dead now that Woodson is here. Its been discussed by local sports dudes and folks that pay attention. He's playing defense now. Simple. There is more than enuff shit if you google defense,Woodson,Anthony. get Fam.

Well.....I've been here a minute and im a PACERS Fan. Fuck The Knicks. But im curious to see how he does in NYC w/ the expectations and all that shit.

And I wish you would graduate from the "he doesnt play Defense" thing. Its dead now that Woodson is here. Its been discussed by local sports dudes and folks that pay attention. He's playing defense now. Simple. There is more than enuff shit if you google defense,Woodson,Anthony. get Fam.

You may be "curious to see" and enjoy watching him dump a couple pull-up threes on the break, but you mean to tell me Melo is playing defense now? LOL You could have Phil Jackson coaching him, and he still won't do shit. Delusional as always dude.

Like you can't teach an old dog new tricks. You can't teach Melo to all of a sudden after start having court vision and playing great help defense.

He'd make a good 6th man like Jamal Crawford for shits an giggles if you like that kinda shit though.

yuichi said:

You may be "curious to see" and enjoy watching him dump a couple pull-up threes on the break, but you mean to tell me Melo is playing defense now? LOL You could have Phil Jackson coaching him, and he still won't do shit. Delusional as always dude.

Like you can't teach an old dog new tricks. You can't teach Melo to all of a sudden after start having court vision and playing great help defense.

He'd make a good 6th man like Jamal Crawford for shits an giggles if you like that kinda shit though.

I cant talk to you.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Can the Heat win if Bosh is done?

Rockadelic said:

Under normal circumstances, no.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

They can get out of the east, but may have a tough issue getting the ring if they have to face Lakers or Spurs in the finals.

The Heat need Wade and Lebron to go crazy for 48 minutes with no interior = suspect.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Calling Bosh interior scorer = suspect. I'd take a bet that Lebron and Wade score more points in the paint than Bosh does. Bosh likes facing up. That being said, they need Bosh's scoring period, no matter where it comes from if they want to win it all.

I've come to realize OKC does not need a banger in the paint to win the title. Why would you need that when you got great outside shooting and the ability for either Harden, Westbrook, or Durant to get to the cup at will? That's inside-outside right there....

yuichi said:
    I've come to realize OKC does not need a banger in the paint to win the title. Why would you need that when you got great outside shooting and the ability for either Harden, Westbrook, or Durant to get to the cup at will? That's inside-outside right there....

Name a Championship team that didnt have a banger in the paint.

Rodman and Wallace provided second chance points for the outside to score again.

Dirk finally had a post game to balance his outside shooting.

OKC has Perkins and Ibaka to provide defense and rebounding.

The Lakers should be able to beat the comp with Bynum and Gasol if they bring the ruckus for an entire series.

Duncan is still a threat.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    What Batmon said. Yuichi, you're completely missing Ibaka and Perkins.

• OptimusLimeOptimusLime 227 Posts
    Ibaka & Perkins did pretty well last night, well until Perkins went out again, but stil..

Also a little surprised Sefalosha managed to shut down Kobe the way he did.

Good stuff.

What was up with Artest (MWP) leaving the game?

I hope they sweep the Lakers, they wont, but I'd enjoy it.