NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My Pacers are too inexperienced to go all the way.

I really dont want a RING during a shortened season.

But id like to beat Miami. I hope they capitalize on Bosh being out.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:

I really dont want a RING during a shortened season.

Melvin Joe Daniels says "You're a friggin' Pacer fan, take a RING any way you can get one"

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    batmon said:

still, they are going to bring fight to the boshless heat and will get great experience for next season. same way i feel about the sixers...whether they beat the celts or not, the kids are going to grow

tripledouble said:
    batmon said:

still, they are going to bring fight to the boshless heat and will get great experience for next season. same way i feel about the sixers...whether they beat the celts or not, the kids are going to grow

Im excited for Philly. They have a great core group of youngsters to build with. And Collins is graet coach.

All yall need is an inside threat and some vets and yall with be good within the next three to five years.

Hawes is on his way to be a legit Center. He has that moxie.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I meant "banger in the paint" in the general offensive sense of having a Shaq or Duncan or other dominant low-post threat. Both Perkins and Ibaka do not have refined offensive games. All they do is stay around the rim for offensive putbacks and get the easy feed from a Westbrook or Harden drive. My point was I'm beginning to think that will be enough in today's NBA where there really is no dominant center.....

batmon said:
    tripledouble said:
    batmon said:

Im excited for Philly. They have a great core group of youngsters to build with. And Collins is graet coach.
    All yall need is an inside threat and some vets and yall with be good within the next three to five years.
    Hawes is on his way to be a legit Center. He has that moxie.

i agree. what we really need is no more fucked up contracts! brand and iggy are both complete in a year and they just cant do dumb shit like that again. i actually love both of those guys and dont fault them for taking more than they should have been offered. iggy is a beast, but more of a do it all as opposed to your #1.

LOOK AT INDIANA!!!!! big win.
    indy and philly are gonna make the favorites fight at the edge of the cliff

yuichi said:
    I meant "banger in the paint" in the general offensive sense of having a Shaq or Duncan or other dominant low-post threat. Both Perkins and Ibaka do not have refined offensive games. All they do is stay around the rim for offensive putbacks and get the easy feed from a Westbrook or Harden drive. My point was I'm beginning to think that will be enough in today's NBA where there really is no dominant center.....

Yeah....its seems as the NBA has moved away from the Center-centric game.

OKCs big men are good enuff defensively to counter Gasol and Bynum who both dont produce big numbers night in and night out.

And Durant is still a Forward. He still contributes to their interior game despite being good on the perimeter.

The Lakers despite having 2 good big men are STILL Kobe relyant.

Del Negro is gonna get raped by Popovich. But good learning exp for the Clippers.
    Griffin needs to take notes.

Indiana needs a creator. Hill is the only cat who can create his own shot. They need to add someone over the summer.
    George looks like he could be that dude but hes a cat that can do everything yet does nothing extraodinarily well.

He and Granger are Pippens. And thats even questionable cause Pippen can takeover if needed to.

batmon said:

Del Negro is gonna get raped by Popovich.
    Griffin needs to take notes.

horrible imagery. but kinda funny if you picture blake with a legal pad at the edge of the bed/locker room showers

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    yuichi said:
    IName a Championship team that didnt have a banger in the paint.

91-93 Bulls. Unless you're going to claim that Cartwright and Grant were bangers.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Cartwright and Grant actually were. They were able to fight off the Knicks and Pistons' bigs in a time when play was allowed to be a lot more physical than today. Fighting Charles Oakley and Patrick Ewing in the paint was no walk in the park.

Grant and Cartwright scored. They were not Longley and Wennington.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

HarveyCanal said:

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Cartwright was very good at holding his position in the paint, and Grant played a great role in the trapping defense that the Bulls played during their first couple championships.

Jordan to interview Patrick Ewing for head-coaching position....

yuichi said:
    Jordan to interview Patrick Ewing for head-coaching position....

Its cool that Ewing paid his dues and is finally getting a break, but Jordan is still hiring his "buddies".

On the real....Ewing's speech game has been suspect to me.

LA actually played some D this gam......i mean for the first half. And then they let James fuckin' Harden go to the cup twice in the final minutes to blow a 7 point lead. Damn that was heart-breaking. And K.O.B.E. is LIVID.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Kobe choked

edpowers said:
    Kobe choked

OKC has great perimeter defenders. And I always hate setting up Kobe for the last shot.....most of the time it never ends good.

Kinda refreshing to see Blake get the final shot though, even if it wasn't by design.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rooting for Batmon's Pacers

Cuban has his eye on Hibbert

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

get it Bat! your squads got eyes on the prize!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i am sure batmon is being cautious
    it's what will happen in game 5 that will be the key
    celts have their eye on the prize
    i will root hard for OKC against the fucking spurs if it gets to that
    spurs-okc and boston-heat would be some solid shit but i am still rooting for the pacers
    i want barbosa to have a crazy 27 point game

I aint sayin shit.

But like I said earlier, like last lockout season in '99 any-fuckin' thing can happen.

The 4 Point by LJ helped the 8th seeded Knicks go to the Finals to get whooped by The Spurs.

I watched that game last night w/ my Miami buddy. He says they have no reliable Half-Court Offensive system.
    Spolstra's Xs and O's game is suspect.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:
    He says they have no reliable Half-Court Offensive system.

The closest thing they had was having Wade or James run a screen roll with Bosh. With Bosh out, none of their bigs can stick a 15-footer, so that play doesn't work, which means the Heat have to go to Plan B, which is still TBD. I'm guessing it will be to have Wade and James run the screen roll with each other.

DJ_Enki said:
    batmon said:
    He says they have no reliable Half-Court Offensive system.

The closest thing they had was having Wade or James run a screen roll with Bosh. With Bosh out, none of their bigs can stick a 15-footer, so that play doesn't work, which means the Heat have to go to Plan B, which is still TBD. I'm guessing it will be to have Wade and James run the screen roll with each other.

Yeah, my boy was wondering why they dont run the PNR together.
    He also says he hasnt seen any of the supposed Hakeem Low Post Training LeBoring worked on in the summer.
    Imagine him running the Point Forward from the Post like Webber and Divac.

• All you pacers fans can now thank us hornets fans for the heart and talent
    of David West. Dude is a beast.
    BotMan pffft'ed him when he got traded to his team if I recall.

Go Pacers!

vinylstalker said:
    All you pacers fans can now thank us hornets fans for the heart and talent
    of David West. Dude is a beast.
    BotMan pffft'ed him when he got traded to his team if I recall.

Why should I thank Hornets FANS for David West's TALENT and HEART.
    Did he come to New Orleans without TALENT and HEART?

Miami fans should THANK Cleveland fans for LeBoring' Talent??? WTF?
    I never heard of this kinda shit before.

I'd like to thank The Hornets management for failing to create a situation for West to stay.

And I didnt HATT on West when he got to Indiana.
    Go find that statement.

Im not a big fan of West but if Hibbert plays well and West does his thing well be alright.?

• Well okay, maybe not HATT but you were dismissive and I was salty so there you go.

It seemed he came in underestimated.
    Thank us fans because we cheered on dude during some dire seasons, he played his whole career here, I saw him at a rebirth show, I'm mad doggie, Carl Landry is wack,
    Whatever you like.

vinylstalker said:
    Well okay, maybe not HATT but you were dismissive and I was salty so there you go.

It seemed he came in underestimated.
    Thank us fans because we cheered on dude during some dire seasons, he played his whole career here, I saw him at a rebirth show, I'm mad doggie, Carl Landry is wack,
    Whatever you like.

I dont see how "Not A fan" = dismissive.

If you want credit for The Pacers (West) being up 2-1 you wont get it from me.

Hopefully the new management can get a new name that reflects the region and bury the Hornets back in Charlotte.