NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• batmon said:
    vinylstalker said:
    Well okay, maybe not HATT but you were dismissive and I was salty so there you go.

It seemed he came in underestimated.
    Thank us fans because we cheered on dude during some dire seasons, he played his whole career here, I saw him at a rebirth show, I'm mad doggie, Carl Landry is wack,
    Whatever you like.

I dont see how "Not A fan" = dismissive.

If you want credit for The Pacers (West) being up 2-1 you wont get it from me.

Hopefully the new management can get a new name that reflects the region and bury the Hornets back in Charlotte.

fuck that. the jazz should be the ones looking for a new name. New Orleans Jazz, Charlotte Hornets, Utah ?????.....

• I'm not looking for credit, just talking yang on the internet.

I have faith that tom benson will select a good name, my vote goes to The Sinners.

We have a solid squad to build on, excited for next year.

• vinylstalker said:
    my vote goes to The Sinners..

really?? shit sounds like a fucking arena football or pro lacrosse team.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    walter_chron said:
    batmon said:
    vinylstalker said:
    Well okay, maybe not HATT but you were dismissive and I was salty so there you go.

It seemed he came in underestimated.
    Thank us fans because we cheered on dude during some dire seasons, he played his whole career here, I saw him at a rebirth show, I'm mad doggie, Carl Landry is wack,
    Whatever you like.

I dont see how "Not A fan" = dismissive.

If you want credit for The Pacers (West) being up 2-1 you wont get it from me.

Hopefully the new management can get a new name that reflects the region and bury the Hornets back in Charlotte.

fuck that. the jazz should be the ones looking for a new name. New Orleans Jazz, Charlotte Hornets, Utah ?????.....

The owner of The Jazz alraedy stated they aint givin up jack, since they originated in NO.

I would love to hear what the Saints owners ideas for a NO specific name.

The New Orleans.........

Crawfish
    Gumbo
    Cajuns
    Creoles
    Jambolaya
    Funk
    Po-Boys
    Roux
    Brass

The Bulls 77 The Funk 86

i dont think Eric Gordon can be the engine of that team.

They still have some tweaking to do....imo.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    your miami friend is on point cause the espn heat analyst was saying the same thing
    bronbron is getting more tired playing PF and can't be taken off for his usual 4th quarter rest because udonis,miller,battiern-em are all having statistically their collective worst shooting seasons ever miller is injured on the low anyways
    so pacers can defend the two stars and they don't care if joel anthony is open for a long jumper
    bron should start playing like a PF and do the dream shake down low (if his post game improves like his jumper he would be even more unstoppable)
    meanwhile i was laughing at how bad bosh was during those knick games before the season's end they actually really need him
    mario chalmers won't come in to save the day
    if they lose out it'll be hilarious not one,not two...

• Whatever, having the saints and sinners as Louisiana's pro teams would be perfect.
    I actually think the brass is most likely.
    And fuck chasing the old name, yankees took that shit ninety years ago anyway.

I don't know what to think of Gordon, only saw him for like for games and dude looks fragile.
    CP3 looks frustrated, needs to just come back to the swamp, that LA shit is gonna kill his soul.

I want the lakers to lose pretty badly, haven't forgotten that bs last year.

Ok lets talk Playofffs. Fuck teams not involved.

• Yeah, fuck my team.
    Ok, okc looks really good and the lakers look like the lakers. They're boring to me now.
    Okc is working mans basketball that's fun to watch.
    Can the clippers beat okc?
    A West versus Paul final would be cool.
    Big poppa would have cp shook, if the reg season is any indication.

• Not that the clippers aren't going to get stomped by the spurs...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    If the Lakers can win Game 4 (big IF), then they'll situate themselves in position to strike.

Clips are injured and done.

Great win for the Sixers and their city. Possible Philly/Indiana ECF? Who would have guessed.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Philly/Indiana ECF
    This would be so good.

Pau passing up a wide open 10 footer and throwing it away, which ends in a Durant three.

Pau has really turned bitch in the past few years. TRADE HIS ASS.

And Bynum's getting roughed up in the ass by Perkins and got like one shot in the fourth.

LA's bitch towers for you right there.

Thanks for a mediocre season from start to finish. Don't think I'm gonna bother watching Game 5. Shit's a wrap.

mike brown

batmon said:
    mike brown

I think he's fallen under the Kobe System as well.....

^^^ Wow. Blatently offensive.
    I guess the refs get blinded by the highlights too.

It's a shame Steve Blake hardly gets any mention anywhere
    (other than disgraseful twitter related news).
    He's played great for the Lakers.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I think Barkley got it right on the Lakers' loss. They went away from what was working in the 1st half, namely slowing down the pace and getting it into Bynum. Instead Kobe shot the ball too much and put up some horrible shots while doing it. They've got no one but themselves to blame.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    mattB said:

Restricted Area:
    The restricted area (RA) is the area within the arched line on the court located below the rim. Its purpose is to stop secondary defenders from taking a position under the basket in an attempt to draw the offensive foul when a player is driving to the basket. If an offensive player drives past his primary defender on the way to the basket and a secondary defender comes over, he must establish a legal position outside the RA to draw an offensive foul.

Rockadelic said:
    mattB said:

Restricted Area:
    The restricted area (RA) is the area within the arched line on the court located below the rim. Its purpose is to stop secondary defenders from taking a position under the basket in an attempt to draw the offensive foul when a player is driving to the basket. If an offensive player drives past his primary defender on the way to the basket and a secondary defender comes over, he must establish a legal position outside the RA to draw an offensive foul.

You missed a bit:

If the drive starts inside the Lower Defensive Box (LDB ??? this is the area from the bottom tip of the free throw circle to the endline between the two 3??? posted-up marks), the secondary defender is legally allowed to be positioned inside the RA. The restricted area also does not apply if the secondary defender jumps in attempting to block the shot, the offensive player leads with his leg or knee in an unnatural motion or uses his off arm to prevent the defender from blocking his shot. The RA does not extend from below the backboard to the baseline. Therefore, if a player drives the baseline and is not attempting to go directly to the rim, the RA does not apply.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    motown67 said:
    I think Barkley got it right on the Lakers' loss. They've got no one but KOBE and Mike Brown to blame.

Magic just tore Mike Brown a new one even though he was being low key about it. He said in the second half OKC started fronting Bynum and all the Lakers had to do was swing the ball and be more patient to get the ball back in the post. Brown never adjusted and the Lakers' guards ended up hoisting up bad jumpers instead, and they ended up losing as a result. Magic said Brown was the reason why his teams have always lost the big games because he can't change up his game plan during the game.

motown67 said:
    I think Barkley got it right on the Lakers' loss. They went away from what was working in the 1st half, namely slowing down the pace and getting it into Bynum. Instead Kobe shot the ball too much and put up some horrible shots while doing it. They've got no one but themselves to blame.

The strategy is obvious, but execution has been inconsistent all season long for LAL. It was clear in the second half, both those 7 footers were tired and dejected from having to bang with Perkins and Ibaka all night long (pause). They weren't even trying to establish low post position.

And like Batmon suggested, Mike Brown is to blame as well. During the course of the season, it became OK for Gasol to completely remove himself from the paint most of the time. Anybody not named Dirk Nowitzki should not be allowed to step out beyond 10 feet.

In summary, Bynum and Gasol's efforts were pathetic in the second half. You can't blame Kobe for that. Kobe is Kobe, he's gonna take his shots (good and horrible). The bigs gotta ACTIVELY and ADAMANTLY ask for the rock in good low post position. I saw half-hearted efforts from Bynum about two times in the second half. And again, Pau passing the rock in a wide-open situation is such a bad look. Kobe actually called him out on that.

The_Non said:
    motown67 said:
    I think Barkley got it right on the Lakers' loss. They've got no one but KOBE and Mike Brown to blame.

Phil Jackson is the only coach to ever tame the Black Mamba, and probably one of the few not scared to tell him he's wrong. Don't think Mike Brown does this.

Bynum and Gasol are the biggest to blame though. They were looking like 7 foot inanmiate objects in the fourth.

motown67 said:
    Magic just tore Mike Brown a new one even though he was being low key about it. He said in the second half OKC started fronting Bynum and all the Lakers had to do was swing the ball and be more patient to get the ball back in the post. Brown never adjusted and the Lakers' guards ended up hoisting up bad jumpers instead, and they ended up losing as a result. Magic said Brown was the reason why his teams have always lost the big games because he can't change up his game plan during the game.

No, he'll change up his game plan, I've seen it before. lol

Most recently a badly prepared and practiced zone defense that completely failed against the Thunder.

Funny though, how all the people that don't even watch Laker games come out the wood work all of a sudden when they down. lol Just like the Heat (who are completely lost without Chris Bosh). Bosh is like Lamar Odom, in that he can create his own shot when nothing else is working in the offense.

Spurs/Thunder is gonna be a great series.

MUTHAFUSK!

yuichi said:
    motown67 said:

The strategy is obvious, but execution has been inconsistent all season long for LAL. It was clear in the second half, both those 7 footers were tired and dejected from having to bang with Perkins and Ibaka all night long (pause). They weren't even trying to establish low post position.

And like Batmon suggested, Mike Brown is to blame as well. During the course of the season, it became OK for Gasol to completely remove himself from the paint most of the time. Anybody not named Dirk Nowitzki should not be allowed to step out beyond 10 feet.

In summary, Bynum and Gasol's efforts were pathetic in the second half. You can't blame Kobe for that. Kobe is Kobe, he's gonna take his shots (good and horrible). The bigs gotta ACTIVELY and ADAMANTLY ask for the rock in good low post position. I saw half-hearted efforts from Bynum about two times in the second half. And again, Pau passing the rock in a wide-open situation is such a bad look. Kobe actually called him out on that.

Jon Barry argued that was the call playing of Brown that had Gasol play the high post.

Blake Griffin's tooth went through his lip! Mutherfuckin OUCH!