Things you see that annoy the crap out of you

Comments

• Options
    Maddcopycatteurz...

...like on the dancefloor with the staggerstep thighwarming butteryfly. And esp with my hand movements, even though I don't dance all arms and legs flying, mainly head shoulders waist combo, these people copy my hand gestures. The perky pinky pacman hand in the air, and fluttery fingers for example. I've even seen somebody copy my facial expression when doing the fluttery fingers frisky style.

At which point I looked at them and yawned. ;)

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    NorthernDealer10 said:
    ;)

Id like to choke the schitt outta this annoying smiley!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    jaymack said:
    NorthernDealer10 said:
    ;)

Id like to choke the schitt outta this annoying smiley!

THIS.

• thesolelifethesolelife 369 Posts
    Another car story...

I'm in the number 3 (second to slowest lane) land coming home from Berkeley in the rain. A car in the number 4 lane (to the right of me) completely cuts me of and then sloooows down. I look in the lane in which this car came from and nooooo cars in the front or back of it. Obviously, I go around the car. Why can't people just "drive?"

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    On the wrong day, the last thing I want to see on the bus is kids rapping to themselves.

Literally. Just guys busting rhymes to themselves. On a better day, I'm just amused, but sometimes I just flat don't feel like hearing it. And most times I don't, since I've been listening to my iPod on public trans quite a bit.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i just thought of another one. people at shows that dance like morons and flail everywhere when everybody around them is clearly standing towards the back so that they don't have to be subjected to this sort of thing and can enjoy themselves without being violated. i have seen this go down too many times to mention!

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    jammy said:
    i just thought of another one. people at shows that dance like morons and flail everywhere when everybody around them is clearly standing towards the back so that they don't have to be subjected to this sort of thing and can enjoy themselves without being violated. i have seen this go down too many times to mention!

Worst are these orgasmic-experimental dancers that feel like taking their shirt off on the floor when they're all sweaty. I once had a guy like this dancing close to me on a DJ Krush show. To top it all he had real long dreadlocks that where flying all around him. Imagine being whipped by sweaty dreadlocks of a sweaty shirtless crazy-dancing acidhead. Ewwwww. Allthough the place was packed dude soon had a lot of space to dance around him.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Jspr said:
    People wearing t-shirts that are too big in the collar. Just seems so sloopy and lame.
    Might start some type of Fail Blog with pictures of it.

This is more of an issue of society -- too more stores, especially these boutiques who sell trendy T-shirts as well as every thrift, hang up T-shirts and that just stretches out the collar. Sweaters, too. It'd be different if we all got together and started folding shirts and going through them that way, but I don't really see that happening.

I've gone at length in the past about my co-worker who eats and his desk all day long with his mouth open. I've probably lost hours upon hours of productivity from this, curled up in the fetal position, crying under my desk. The funny part about this dude is that he'll eat lunch at like 11:30 a.m. and mostly surf random websites during that time. Then, he'll grab his gym bag and go on "break" for an hour, says "I'm going to take my break now." It's like what have you been doing this whole time? Last week, I spotted him coming back from the gym. He was holding his gym bag and standing in the middle of the escalator reading his Blackberry, preventing a group of people from passing on the left of him, total traffic jam and he's oblivious. He's like the walking embodiment of every pet peeve I have.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Frank said:
    I can't stand djs who use spit to lubricate the contacts on the headshell. I always carry contact fluid and q-tips and you won't believe the nasty built up grime and gunk I've dug out of tone arms over the years...

I'll admit to being guilty of this on occasion when the headshell contacts aren't working right and I have no other choice. I never liked doing it, though, because I know how bad it is long-term. It's just that the show must go on, ya know?

That said, what's your contact fluid of choice?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    i got to my parents door and got the better of myself and walked back down to the street to apologize for my short fuse. as soon as i approached, hands held up for them to stop a second, they pulled out and sped off.so i guess i didnt help the situation at all.

That is some next level cowardice. I've seen dudes suddenly grow a pair when they're around three of their buddies, but I've never seen four dudes run away from one guy. Especially one who wasn't actively threatening them.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Frank said:
    I can't stand djs who use spit to lubricate the contacts on the headshell. I always carry contact fluid and q-tips and you won't believe the nasty built up grime and gunk I've dug out of tone arms over the years...

I'll admit to being guilty of this on occasion when the headshell contacts aren't working right and I have no other choice. I never liked doing it, though, because I know how bad it is long-term. It's just that the show must go on, ya know?

That said, what's your contact fluid of choice?

I'm sure there are similar US made products. Since they don't let you take cans on a plane anymore I fill up one of those tiny plastic squirt bottles that stylus cleaner comes in. Clean the contacts with this stuff before mounting your needles and you will never lose contact again in mid-set.

• Options
    Yeah, I think it is nice to pull over and let people pass when possible. Then they honk once to say, "thank you" and you beep twice to say, "you are welcome."

Also, these pitbulls around town that always bark at me and Harley D. Their Mexican breeders bred them to be tough and never actually just let them be dogs. So they are loyal, but I can tell difference between them and this guy, Bill's, dog's pups. Those pups are rodesian/pit x shepard/lab..they know like everybody and like to play with Harley D; who is collie/lab mix, I think. They are great family dogs, loyal, an have a good disposition. Bill's dog is in heat right now. Her nipples are puffy. She is the mom that the pups get their great disposition from. She is fluent in three languages and hand gestures. She is a service dog but doesn't have her tags because Bill doesn't want her to have that surgery.

So let dogs be dogs.

Also, my BO. I started using deodorant but I'm thinking I should just shave my armpit hair now so it will grow back by the time swimming season is here.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    1) Burning mannish hippies getting round the city on unicycles or stilts

2) PEOPLE RIDING BIKES ON THE SIDEWALKS, I WILL CLOTHESLINE YOU

3) the "About Me" break during Jeopardy (there could be a TRIPLE JEOPARDY round if they did away with this cringefest!)

4) People who stand on the left side of the escalator like they are on a tour bus

5) electric guitar in jazz (SORRY)

6) Kristen Wiig (i get she's like a reincarn of Gilda Radner, but I didn't find her funny either)

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    edith head said:
    3) the "About Me" break during Jeopardy (there could be a TRIPLE JEOPARDY round if they did away with this cringefest!)

Agreed. The only time this was good was when Ken Jennings was on his streak, and they kinda ran out of stuff to talk to him about, so it was sorta funny. But really, I can figure out who to root for based on where they're from and what they do (always root for copy editors).

TiVo is Jeopardy's best friend--if you fast-forward through the commercials and the "About Me" break, you cna watch an episode in about 15 minutes.

6) Kristen Wiig (i get she's like a reincarn of Gilda Radner, but I didn't find her funny either)

I'm not a big-time Wiig defender, but I do think she's much funnier outside of SNL than she is on SNL.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    edith head said:
    1) Burning mannish hippies getting round the city on unicycles or stilts

Somehow I'm not hating stilt girl on the right.

• NorthernDealer10 said:
    Yeah, I think it is nice to pull over and let people pass when possible. Then they honk once to say, "thank you" and you beep twice to say, "you are welcome."

Also, these pitbulls around town that always bark at me and Harley D. Their Mexican breeders bred them to be tough and never actually just let them be dogs. So they are loyal, but I can tell difference between them and this guy, Bill's, dog's pups. Those pups are rodesian/pit x shepard/lab..they know like everybody and like to play with Harley D; who is collie/lab mix, I think. They are great family dogs, loyal, an have a good disposition. Bill's dog is in heat right now. Her nipples are puffy. She is the mom that the pups get their great disposition from. She is fluent in three languages and hand gestures. She is a service dog but doesn't have her tags because Bill doesn't want her to have that surgery.

So let dogs be dogs.

Also, my BO. I started using deodorant but I'm thinking I should just shave my armpit hair now so it will grow back by the time swimming season is here.

BAN

• pickwick33 said:
    On the wrong day, the last thing I want to see on the bus is kids rapping to themselves.

Literally. Just guys busting rhymes to themselves. On a better day, I'm just amused, but sometimes I just flat don't feel like hearing it. And most times I don't, since I've been listening to my iPod on public trans quite a bit.

I can relate to witnessing that. When I used to ride the bus there was this one character who would come on every now and then in the evening and he would sit in the middle of the bus, blast his CD player on full-blast and start rapping. Not like "talking to myself quietly" rapping, but "you punks get offa my lawn" rapping. For a while he would have an audience and even the bus driver was amused, but after 5 or 6 stops we just wanted him to shut his mouth.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    walter_chron said:
    NorthernDealer10 said:

So let dogs be dogs.

BAN

didn't there used to be another poster with a dog named harley d? what ever happened to him?

:eyeball:

• Dolo76Dolo76 64 Posts
    Kids playing a shitty song out loud off their cellphone like its boom box

I hate that shitty tin cellphone speaker sound, not dope.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    NiteKrawler45 said:
    Almond said:
    People who lick their finger before turning the page.

MASSIVE cosign.

(obscure finger licking page turning reference...)

• Frank said:
    This has gotten to a point where the sight of bikes painted white at the side of the road put a warm smile on my face.

That's the most mean-spirited thing I've read on any of the record-related boards I frequent in a very, very long time.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    jammy said:
    commuters on a full bus/train carriage that have an empty seat next to them but put their bag on it as if to say "f**k you, ain't nobody sitting here". I just figure i have paid for a ticket, i AM GOING TO sit in that seat your schit is occupying.

and they act all grudgeful when u sit down.... oh sorry, didn't realize your bag was more important than my tired ass... i almost want to ask them "did you buy 2 tickets?" No? Then move your shit...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    NorthernDealer10 said:
    Maddcopycatteurz...

...like on the dancefloor with the staggerstep thighwarming butteryfly. And esp with my hand movements, even though I don't dance all arms and legs flying, mainly head shoulders waist combo, these people copy my hand gestures. The perky pinky pacman hand in the air, and fluttery fingers for example. I've even seen somebody copy my facial expression when doing the fluttery fingers frisky style.

At which point I looked at them and yawned. ;)

Video plaese?

• Options
    Well, no videos but here is a little more humor.

Last night I'm hanging out with two friends who are Djing on a bar patio. I'm having my 7-up with a splash of bitters and taking records with the Dj when a girl walks up and asks if she can, "freak out."

My friend says, "okay."

So she start freaking out, tattooed limbs moving around and no big deal. Then she starts looking at me and doing dances that have names like the cooking dance (acting like she is cooking), the shopping cart, the sprinkle head and so on. I'm impressed so I say, "what about the lawn mower?" Then, she looks at me over her shoulder and drunkenly says, "what about the woman and mann lawn mowerrr" as she starts moving my way. At which point I pick up the bar stool between us, angle it at her, and say, "what about the lionn tamerrr!"

And we all laughed together.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Folks that take pictures of art at museums.

Most of the fuckin work is ONLINE. Nothing is rare.

Why do u need to document every fuckin thing.
    Take a mental note and let it go.
    If it has real impact u will remember it.

I gues you have to put that camera to work since you own one and take pics of something that has been documented by millions of folks already.

It not about you. Let the artwork be and stop trying to control, record and capture every fuckin experience in your meaningless life.

rant over

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    This is more of a "really?!?" observation than something that annoys me: women who constantly take quick looks over their shoulders in public places to, presumably, check and see if a man is staring at, following or about to rob them. Things seem to get especially tense if a *gasp* black man is walking by! CIutch that purse extra tight! I don't know if this is an insecurity thing, a diva-ish L.A. thing, a "Lifetime TV movies tell me that all men are potential rapists" thing or what, but it smacks of self-absorbed ignorance. Stop looking like a paranoid drug smuggler straight out of a old crime movie...no one is staring at you , no one is stalking you and no one is going is attack you at 1 in the damn afternoon with dozens of bystanders around. I understand women deal with, to varying degrees, men sweating hard and spitting goofy game, but some of them need to get over themselves.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Electrode said:
    This is more of a "really?!?" observation than something that annoys me: women who constantly take quick looks over their shoulders in public places to, presumably, check and see if a man is staring at, following or about to rob them. Things seem to get especially tense if a *gasp* black man is walking by! CIutch that purse extra tight! I don't know if this is an insecurity thing, a diva-ish L.A. thing, a "Lifetime TV movies tell me that all men are potential rapists" thing or what, but it smacks of self-absorbed ignorance. Stop looking like a paranoid drug smuggler straight out of a old crime movie...no one is staring at you , no one is stalking you and no one is going is attack you at 1 in the damn afternoon with dozens of bystanders around. I understand women deal with, to varying degrees, men sweating hard and spitting goofy game, but some of them need to get over themselves.

I didnt bother me 20 years ago. I would just chalk it up to the usual racial programming.
    But now that im a grown ass man im perplexed when a white woman clutches her purse when i have a flip flops on.
    Or a jacket and tie and shit.
    I havent seen a straight up purse-snatch since the 80's.
    Im cool if its 3am in the morning but during the day.....shit.
    Now i walk by and say out loud...."NO ONE WANTS YOUR PURSE!" - if i see the clutch-action.

batmon said:
    Electrode said:

I didnt bother me 20 years ago. I would just chalk it up to the usual racial programming.
    But now that im a grown ass man im perplexed when a white woman clutches her purse when i have a flip flops on.
    Now i walk by and say out loud...."NO ONE WANTS YOUR PURSE!" - if i see the clutch-action.

Once I was walking behind some white woman - not following her, just going in the same general direction. And there was no way in hell I was going to cross the street and go out of my way; she don't own the damn sidewalk. She kept looking back at me with a paranoid glance. I said "DON'T RUN, BECAUSE I WON'T CHASE!" She then laughed and said she was looking for a bus or some such. Which could have been true, but for a minute it didn't look that way.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    People who smoke while pregnant or around children... and people who smoke...

FrankieMeltzer said:
    pickwick33 said:
    batmon said:
    Electrode said:

Once I was walking behind some white woman - not following her, just going in the same general direction. And there was no way in hell I was going to cross the street and go out of my way; she don't own the damn sidewalk. She kept looking back at me with a paranoid glance. I said "DON'T RUN, BECAUSE I WON'T CHASE!" She then laughed and said she was looking for a bus or some such. Which could have been true, but for a minute it didn't look that way.

I'm about as white as white can be but I remember once walking a few hundred yards behind a white woman and closing quickly because I walk fast. It was after dark and as I closed up on her she hopped off of the sidewalk onto a lawn and looked freaked out. I just apologized. I think we have to consider that many women have been victims of various shit and I think it would be stupid to be offended by these sorts of reactions.

Sometimes it's hard not to when you're black like myself or Batmon and racial stereotyping is a distinct possibility. I don't play the race card that often, but I don't dismiss it either. When my situation happened, it was broad daylight, 5 PM-ish, on a crowded city street. If I was going to pull some shysty shit (and I wasn't), I would have had plenty of witnesses. And I'll give her the benefit of the doubt - she laughed when I broke the ice, so maybe the paranoid one was me. Still and all, women of all ethnicities have been victimized by things like this. I try to be cautious and conscientious of that. But sometimes, seeing a purse-clutcher can be just as bad as seeing a purse snatcher.