Things you see that annoy the crap out of you

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
Dudes with a hairknot.

(white) people with dreadlocks tied together and big ass headphones, sometimes seen with a pierced lip (ring) as well.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    search pet peeves

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Littering.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    bassie said:
    Littering.

big time

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    markus71 said:
    bassie said:
    Littering.

big time

I've almost gotten in like a few fistfights because of this, cause I say shit to people and sometimes they try to pop back to me. But I dunno, it's knee-jerk to me, I will always make a remark.

The worst is when you see someone littering like within spitting distance of a trash can. Fucking assholes.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Driving & Texting - I'd feel safer if you had a half gallon bottle of Jack Daniels in your hand.

Parents who ignore their children in public....."ma...ma...Ma...Ma....MA....MA.....MA.....MA.....MA.....MA.....MA.....MA!!!!!!

Cosmo said:
    The worst is when you see someone littering like within spitting distance of a trash can. Fucking assholes.

Folks who spit in public....especially these tobacco chewing hillbilliy Mofos.

Only thing worse are the dudes who blow their nose right on to the sidewalk....saw this a lot in NYC.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Cosmo said:

Only thing worse are the dudes who blow their nose right on to the sidewalk....saw this a lot in NYC.

Dude, stay away from Chinatown.

Cosmo said:
    markus71 said:
    bassie said:
    Littering.

big time

I've almost gotten in like a few fistfights because of this, cause I say shit to people and sometimes they try to pop back to me. But I dunno, it's knee-jerk to me, I will always make a remark.

The worst is when you see someone littering like within spitting distance of a trash can.

YES.

Haven't reached fist-fight stage (yet - lol) but I usually say something, too.
    "You dropped something." etc.
    The best response I've had to date is "It's none of your business!"

I was seeing a dude and cut him off due to this disgusting habit.
    He's one of those can't walk two feet to a bin types.
    You're an adult for land's sake - act it!

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Televangelism / Faith Healing y'all

• Cosmo said:
    markus71 said:
    bassie said:
    Littering.

big time

I've never come close to a fistfight over littering, but I remember one time this guy was talking to this girl at a park and he had an empy soda bottle and he tossed it to the side and walked off with her. It landed in the grass and I picked it up and tapped him in the shoulder. Once I got his attention I threw it in the trash and I told him, "See?! Two seconds!" and I walked off. I didn't want to argue with him. I just wanted to show him how simple throwing the trash away was.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    I picked it up and tapped him in the shoulder. Once I got his attention I threw it in the trash and I told him, "See?! Two seconds!" and I walked off. I didn't want to argue with him. I just wanted to show him how simple throwing the trash away was.

that sounds as annoying as the littering itself

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    jaymack said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    I picked it up and tapped him in the shoulder. Once I got his attention I threw it in the trash and I told him, "See?! Two seconds!" and I walked off. I didn't want to argue with him. I just wanted to show him how simple throwing the trash away was.

Yeah, but if you threw your shit on the ground like that then you deserve to be annoyed right back in such a fashion.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    markus71 said:
    bassie said:
    Littering.

big time

I can semi-understand it if somebody is forced to litter because there's no trash can around. If you just got through blowing your nose, you don't want to carry around a snotrag for a few blocks just because the city forgot to put a garbage can on that corner.

But if there's a garbage can on the scene...no excuse.

bluesnag said:
    jaymack said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

Yeah, but if you threw your shit on the ground like that then you deserve to be annoyed right back in such a fashion.

Reminds me of the opening credits of the Odd Couple teevee show. Tony Randall picking up Jack Klugman's litter with the pointy end of his umbrella and holding in Jack's face.

pickwick33 said:
    Cosmo said:
    markus71 said:
    bassie said:
    Littering.

big time

I can understand it if somebody is forced to litter because there's no trash can around. If you just got through blowing your nose, you don't want to carry around a snotrag for a few blocks just because the city forgot to put a garbage can on that corner.

There's no excuse period! Please - no one is forced to litter!

Put it in another tissue and in your pocket. Unless your boogers are toxic and will burn a hole in your clothes, there is nothing to worry about - that's what laundry is for!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    People who lick their finger before turning the page.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Cosmo said:

Don't ever go to Hong Kong.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Almond said:
    People who lick their finger before turning the page.

MASSIVE cosign.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    Threads with titles like this

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    homeless people with like 3 cute dogs and a cat begging for money on the street so these dogs and cats don't starve. one day i am gonna run up and steal the dogs from you. because we know you ain't taking care of them...

RR** when someone says they have like 3,000 LPs but they pulled out like 50 for you to buy to start and promises you access to all 3,000. but you damn well know once you pay them nicely for the 50 common wrecked titles you will never hear from them again...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    jaymack said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

I'm with you on this one.

Add over zealous do gooders to the list.

Also, reformed smokers who tell you everytime you light up how much better they feel these days while staring at your cigarette with a look of pure hunger. I'm the one who's going to get cancer from the addiction, at least let me enjoy it in peace.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    on a two-lane highway, the assholes who stay in the left lane and never move to the right lane, forcing countless frustrated drivers to pass on the right.

bassie said:
    pickwick33 said:
    Cosmo said:
    markus71 said:
    bassie said:
    Littering.

big time

I can understand it if somebody is forced to litter because there's no trash can around. If you just got through blowing your nose, you don't want to carry around a snotrag for a few blocks just because the city forgot to put a garbage can on that corner.

There's no excuse period! Please - no one is forced to litter!

Put it in another tissue and in your pocket.

Provided I HAVE another tissue. Good idea otherwise.

Unless your boogers are toxic and will burn a hole in your clothes, there is nothing to worry about - that's what laundry is for!

Not that I'm a chronic litterer when the garbage pails are absent. I'll walk around with pop cans, paper bags or anything else sanitary without throwing them in the street. But there is no way on God's blue earth I'm going to walk around for long with a two-ply, mucus-marked piece of paper on my person. There sure as hell BETTER be a garbage can right there and then. Even if it's just a trash truck passing by.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    My nose is always runny at the least convenient times (i.e. every Wed morning during my conditioning class, while at the dentist getting a cleaning, mid-plank during pilates, etc.). I'd rather have the mucus-marked piece of two-ply on my person than have it fly into someone's face while they're working off fast food guilt on the elliptical. I've stuffed used tissue back in my pocket many times (yucky side folded in) due to lack of an appropriate trash receptacle nearby. And I'm still alive. And people aren't afraid to stand next to me or touch me. And I smell nice if you stand close enough.

People who complain about how cold it is when they continually fail to dress for the weather. At my workplace, groups often utilize break time for walks around the neighborhood. In the winter, we'd dress in heavy coats, scarves, wool socks and gloves. You know, winter clothes (because it was winter). This one girl always wore her college sweatshirt or a trendy peacoat, neither of which were enough to fend off a cold wind, yet she'd complain ERRYDAY about how cold she was. She preferred to borrow one of the ladies' small blankets she kept at her desk rather than bring her own or just buy a cottdam winter coat. It annoyed the heck out of me that she preferred to wrap herself up in a co-worker's blanket, dragging it along the city sidewalk, than dress for the weather.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    * Bicyclists running red lights and not giving a shit about pedestrians. Usually the same motherfuckers who get all upset when they get cut off by a car. Add bonus hate points for Mars Attacks outfits. This has gotten to a point where the sight of bikes painted white at the side of the road put a warm smile on my face.

* All those motherfuckers who turn the park into a garbage dump every weekend.

* People feeding pidgeons. If you don't understand the difference between pets and pests, stay home and feed your cockroaches you retarded, filthy pig.

* People not picking up after their dog.

Frank said:
    * Bicyclists running red lights and not giving a shit about pedestrians. Usually the same motherfuckers who get all upset when they get cut off by a car. Add bonus hate points for Mars Attacks outfits. This has gotten to a point where the sight of bikes painted white at the side of the road put a warm smile on my face.

I had words with a douchebag bicycle rider just last week. Dude is riding in the middle of the street, going 20 mph at best, and there is a friggin' Bike Lane right next to him.....I blew the car horn and he shoots me the finger.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    People that make any and every topic of conversation self-referential.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Possum Tom said:
    People that make any and every topic of conversation self-referential.

Hi guy.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    For me (and I am trying to get over it) the way people, er, tourists, walk on Powell Street here in SF. Pick up the pace, put down your phone and look UP when you walk!