Things you see that annoy the crap out of you

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    People who take pictures of they're food on Instagram.

You are what you eat. Grammatically speaking.

haha!

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    ppadilha said:
    St Patrick's Day.

I can't tell you how much I'm dreading this shit.

"Christmas for douchebags"

best description I've seen so far. Possibly the worst day to be in New York City.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    cove said:
    Controller_7 said:
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    People who take pictures of they're food on Instagram.

You are what you eat. Grammatically speaking.

haha!

Well played sirs

J i m s t e r said:

It annoys me that I don't use there properly....ever.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    if it makes sense to use 'they are' instead, it's spelled they're

here and there. if it is a place, tHERE

the left-over one - their, it belongs to them

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Lexmark making me download a corporate virus disguised as an "essential security update" that now blocks inexpensive, generic ink cartridges.

bassie said:

Why can't there be just one universal there that's palatable in every sentence that needs to use the word there.

It would be easier for kids. But no, we need 3 versions for no good reason.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    bassie said:

Why can't there be just one universal there that's palatable in every sentence that needs to use the word there.

It would be easier for kids. But no, we need 3 versions for no good reason.

there, there

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    No Homophone

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    tabira said:
    Lexmark

LMSYRT.

That they dont re-test drivers for lisences in America when they reach a certain age. I've literally seen like at least 5 90 year old ladies cruising around town that look like they don't know what planet they're on. I saw one lady reading a book on her steering wheel.

The should start re-testing at 70.

I'm pretty sure they do it in other countries.

That I'm so impatient I hit the submit button more then once thinking its make it post faster.

That they dont re-test drivers for lisences in America when they reach a certain age. I've literally seen like at least 5 90 year old ladies cruising around town that look like they don't know what planet they're on. I saw one lady reading a book on her steering wheel.

The should start re-testing at 70.

I'm pretty sure they do it in other countries.

tabira said:
    Lexmark making me download a corporate virus disguised as an "essential security update" that now blocks inexpensive, generic ink cartridges.

That is fucked up though.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    tabira said:

That is fucked up though.

Completely. There's a class action against them for this in the US. Cowboy corporatism.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    bassie said:
    I need a clear and concise explanation of how and why the way toilet paper rolls out makes any difference to anyone's life. And while you're at it - a brief history of how and when in the history of humankind this became a concern would be appreciated as well.

Yes.

Wrong = thinking that there is a correct way and an incorrect way to replace a toilet paper roll, and thinking the difference is important enough to argue about
    Right = spending your time doing and/or thinking about virtually anything else

I believe the toilet paper orientation test is a good determiner of whether I will think you are an overbearing and self-centered asshole. If you think there is a right way to mount a roll of toilet paper, and the thought then passes your lips or fingers in some attempt at communicating that idea, you can hit the bricks.

• some people can't take a shit without it having to be 'nuanced'

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    some people can't take a shit without it having to be 'nuanced'

Principal Blackman: Why were you in the bathroom?
    Paul Cotton: I had to relieve myself.
    Blackman: And of what were you relieved?
    Cotton: ?
    Blackman: When nature called, who came a-knockin?
    Cotton: I, uh...?
    Blackman: Number one or number two?
    Cotton: Number two.
    Blackman: Oh, I see. And how would you characterize the stool? Would you say it was firm? Would you say it was aggressive, or presumptuous? Would you call it moody? Tell me all about it.

you want to maximize comfort for that part of your day. Isn't this why we live in an advanced society?

I personally prefer over style, but it won't bug me too much if it's under. I get more annoyed when the dispenser is placed poorly, like if it's way behind you or just out of reach.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    you want to maximize comfort for that part of your day. Isn't this why we live in an advanced society?

I personally prefer over style, but it won't bug me too much if it's under. I get more annoyed when the dispenser is placed poorly, like if it's way behind you or just out of reach.

In what way does having the paper come from above or underneath change anything anywhere for anyone? Real question.

• that can't be a real question when the people you're asking are the 'what about bob"'s of the world.

THERE IS NO ARGUMENT FOR EITHER BEING SUPERIOR.

anyone who says otherwise is just making noise.

• it's the equivalent of grown men having a panic attack in a restaurant because the corn is touching the mashed potatoes.

DB_Cooper said:
    ppadilha said:

In what way does having the paper come from above or underneath change anything anywhere for anyone? Real question.

sometimes you have to search for the end of the roll, like you do with scotch tape. Easier to find if it's over. Easier pulling and tearing when it's over, makes for a simpler motion of the hands and arms. And less risk of the roll spooling out onto the floor when it's over. I'm guessing you have other things on your mind when you're sitting on the toilet.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• bassie said:

that's exactly where these guys can go:

• ppadilha said:

If maximizing comfort that part of the day is really that important to you, then you'll sync your schedule up so that you only have to shit when you're at home. Preferably in the morning right before you hit the shower.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    people talking about harmony korine shocking audiences still like it's 1997

bob costas rapping ludacris lyrics

hearing about rihanna

excessive hashtag usage

• that parallax dude

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    If you have young children and/or cats, they may occasionally bat at the toilet paper much in the manner of a boxer working the speed-bag--that is, in a two-handed motion striking from the top. If your toilet paper is threaded above, enough of this action will cause the whole roll to unspool. If your toilet paper is threaded below, the roll--given the same action--will just fwip-fwip-fwip endlessly with no paper lost.