Things you see that annoy the crap out of you

12345679»

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    Shop notices like this (Toronto-related). The owner is even more of a charmer than his sign suggests...

Too bad, looked so inviting. I shall take my suit-of-armour business elsewhere. Good day, Sir.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Hashtags

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Shoutout to Frank on this one, but a big fat fuck you to people who reflexively say that all cyclists are terrible people because they roll through a red light.
    After watching a cyclist get hit by a car who ran a red light the other day, and watching all the cars act like it was the cyclists fault, I'm pretty much ready to say get all cars out of Manhattan. Oh, a new CitiBike terminal took over a left-turn lane? Good, take the subway.

I own a car, but driving in this city is a fool's errand...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Hashtags

I had to unfollow a person I actually like because #whole #sentences #were #hashtagged #for #photo #captions #and #there #would #be #three #sentences #minimum

so i guess i can relate.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    edith head said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Hashtags

I had to unfollow a person I actually like because #whole #sentences #were #hashtagged #for #photo #captions #and #there #would #be #three #sentences #minimum

so i guess i can relate.

I know someone who puts #entiresentencesononehashtag

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

hahahahaha! :shreddin_it:

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    edith head said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Hashtags

so i guess i can relate.

I just unfollowed some perfectly nice folks at a California record store because their tweets were a NONSTOP ALL CAPS-N-#HASHTAGS# assault blast about every little thing and it was just too annoying.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    edith head said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Hashtags

so i guess i can relate.

I know someone who puts #entiresentencesononehashtag

I have openly mocked people on Facebook who do both of those things, but they always assume I'm not talking about them, just all those other people who do it.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Ha! thanks for the shoutout, Gareth. I have plenty of friends who are passionate cyclists and somehow I've gotten used to keep my hatred in check most of the time...

But damn, what annoys me is how they never stop at red lights and instead of watching out for crossing pedestrians they look up the cross street to see if there's any traffic and leave it up to you to avoid them by stopping or stepping back. Especially when I was walking our 3 dogs up to the Prospect Park this really annoyed the shit out of me on countless occasions. Then inside the park you have motherfuckers in Mars Attacks outfits, brain helmets, spandex pants and all racing in the hundreds and again not giving a shit about red lights. So before these damn cyclists start respecting pedestrians as much as they want to be respected by car drivers then as I have stated before, the sight of those white bicycles will continue to put warm smiles of enjoyment onto my face. And besides, a grown person on a bicycle is just not a good look. Leave the toys for the kids and don't make yourself look like a fucking circus monkey.

Hahaha... of course I'm not serious... well, maybe a little bit.

What annoys the fucking hit out of me right now is measuring up the ingredients for this Avocado Cheesecake recipe where the author is using cups, oz and lb instead of keeping it metric. Why do you have to measure the cream cheese in lb and the yoghurt in oz? Why? Doddamn mutherfucker!

• The hitler jugend hipster haircut you see everywhere nowadays.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Frank said:
    Ha! thanks for the shoutout, Gareth. I have plenty of friends who are passionate cyclists and somehow I've gotten used to keep my hatred in check most of the time...

But damn, what annoys me is how they never stop at red lights and instead of watching out for crossing pedestrians they look up the cross street to see if there's any traffic and leave it up to you to avoid them by stopping or stepping back. Especially when I was walking our 3 dogs up to the Prospect Park this really annoyed the shit out of me on countless occasions. Then inside the park you have motherfuckers in Mars Attacks outfits, brain helmets, spandex pants and all racing in the hundreds and again not giving a shit about red lights. So before these damn cyclists start respecting pedestrians as much as they want to be respected by car drivers then as I have stated before, the sight of those white bicycles will continue to put warm smiles of enjoyment onto my face. And besides, a grown person on a bicycle is just not a good look. Leave the toys for the kids and don't make yourself look like a fucking circus monkey.

Hahaha... of course I'm not serious... well, maybe a little bit.

Well done, and with a good sense of humor.

What's is chapping my ass about this is the, "never stop at red lights." If I never stopped at red lights, I'd be a fucking grease spot.
    The bikes in parks can be a total shitshow, I'm with you on that.

I think what I've come to recently is: WE ARE ALL ASSHOLES. Drivers can be dicks, and ignore laws for their benefit when they can get away with it. Cyclists do the same. And, having almost hit a shit load of pedestrians who don't see ME as a car, and will cross against the light when given the opportunity- well, pedestrians can be assholes too.

We are all selfish, and only worried about getting to where we're going as fast as possible- a little relaxing and civility on all fronts would go a long way.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    People who use the word choon or chune. :f-u:

• I hate cloud.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    prof_rockwell said:
    I hate cloud.

• Flomotion said:
    Shop notices like this (Toronto-related). The owner is even more of a charmer than his sign suggests...

Is this in Leslieville? I swear I know it but can't quite place it...