NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    batmon said:
    When the season opened i saw a Utah game, and he looked very tired and aged.

I said this same exact thing last night when I was watching the Bulls-Jazz. Can't say I blame him. The Bulls signed away several of their key dudes and Utah didn't make a very big effort to fill in any of the pieces.

Tired as Jerry may be, at least he doesn't look like this. I'd almost rather have a gelled-up AK47 (pause) than this look.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Yup, it's official now: Sloan is gone. That bites. He's by far one of the best to ever do it.

• Options
    It's too bad he's leaving on what seems to be a bad note.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    white_tea said:

Tired as Jerry may be, at least he doesn't look like this. I'd almost rather have a gelled-up AK47 (pause) than this look.

ha, that's pretty much my haircut right now :oof:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    and props to Ray Ray Jesus Allen on becoming the Emperor of the Trey.

too bad the depleted C's couldn't hold it down for him with a win.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Who caught the All Star game? Pretty close game, with the West pulling through at the end. Of course Kobe got MVP, but LeBron really hauled ass for the rest of the East in the last quarter. Felt kind of bad watching them lose by such a small margin.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    U don't watch ball

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    batmon said:
    U don't watch ball

Happy birthday to you, too. I'm sorry LeBron ruined it for you. Hope you ate some good food anyhow.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    K.O.B.E will surpass jordan next year in All-Star scoring...
    I have not watched the all-star game itself since the mcgrady days
    yuichi how about those cavaliers
    the lakers are one of the only teams I've seen exhude boredom on the floor...

• http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlbuCkaUDMwevCR7qI9Ku_a8vLYF?slug=mc-anthonyknicks022111

All I know is that Knicks fans are rejoicing in the departure of Eddy Curry. Amare and Melo?! With Billups?! It's going to be rocking in the Garden. For a while.

Corey Brewer!!

It's a new day in Nyc!

How many months ago were cats crying bout LeBron?

Good looks.

• wow. does this put nyc up there with boston and miami? billups, carmelo and amare is a pretty tough trio and billups is the kindof dude who seems to be an asset to chemistry.

how is the knicks supporting cast? i havent watched them at all this year besides a little of danilo. they got a couple real young dudes left who score some points,right?

the trade also seems pretty good for the nuggs. sucks fro them to lose billups, but he is the oldest piece of the puzzle...he wont be playing for too many more years

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Eddy Curry, dumped like a __________.

tripledouble said:
    wow. does this put nyc up there with boston and miami? billups, carmelo and amare is a pretty tough trio and billups is the kindof dude who seems to be an asset to chemistry.

how is the knicks supporting cast? i havent watched them at all this year besides a little of danilo. they got a couple real young dudes left who score some points,right?

the trade also seems pretty good for the nuggs. sucks fro them to lose billups, but he is the oldest piece of the puzzle...he wont be playing for too many more years

This doesnt place the Knicks with the elite teams, but now they can add a couple of more pieces to be a serious contender in the future.

Billups/Fields/Melo/Stat/Williams

bench:
    Douglas/Brewer/Williams/Ballman/Turiaf.

Denver gutted them but they retained Fields who still shows some promise at the 2 guard.

Now they need a big man next to Stat and a PG for the future once Billups leaves.

And in the end get rid of D'Antoni down the line due to his weak defensive ideals.
    They'll be even more exciting than the begining of the year, but theyll hit a skid when they cant stop anybody.

Theyll be OK.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I am just glad it's over. As tiring as was the summer free agent bonanza, it almost seems like more ink might have been spilled for 'Melo. Got to give the Nets a little credit for driving up the price even though Anthony clearly didn't want to play there. And Eddy Curry just an "expiring contract" now, so sad. Once upon a time, he led the league in field goal percentage and was so promising.

Ah well. My Bulls beat the NBA-best Spurs before the All Star game. And I have to say it was heartening to see Derrick Rose so disinterested in the All Star game, like he can't even get motivated to play when it doesn't matter. And now we get Noah back. I don't think anyone really wants to play Chicago in a series. Bulls-Miami on Thursday night, should be interesting.

batmon said:
    Sorry Ed gotta refresh this shit.

I got The Lakers takin it all against .............Chicago (yeah I s aid it).

Picks pleez.........

• I'm not in this thread but I am a Knicks fan.
    Hell yeah.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Life long Knick fan here. I hate that I have to root for Carmelo Anthony, one of my least favorite NBA players. I'm still not convinced that that this was the right move for the Knicks at all. Another scorer/weak defensive player, a PG on his way down, and a bunch of filler. You'll forgive me if I'm less than confident that the Knicks brass are making good decisions. Duck Folan!

• I'm not crazy about this deal. The Knicks really needed an enforcer-type big guy and they are weaker there now than ever. Also, how much longer can Billups be a PG? I would much rather have Felton. At least they kept Landry.

The other thing I don't like is that this seems to be an Isiah-driven trade (according to the NYC sports media), and thus can only end badly.

They were a first round one-and-done team before and they still are now.

Do people really think Stoudemire and Anthony are going to play together well?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this could work next year with a better bench
    chauncey knows how to win and will gracefully except a smaller role (nore mr big shot)
    carmelo will be the new top dog but amare will clean up and still get his
    they need a new coach stat though

DJ_Enki said:

Why not? Ive heard this before and i dont see where their games could clash.

Its not like Wade & LeBron who are both perimeter players, who have learned to play together over time.

D'Antoni is very smart Offensive coach. He'll figure a way to get both of them enuff touches to score.

Its not like Stat is Dork, playing on the wing. Yet Dork still gets more rebounds than Stat.

Both players want to play w/ each other and both know u need more than one star to get anywhere.

batmon said:
    DJ_Enki said:

Why not? Ive heard this before and i dont see where their games could clash.

Well, because they both shoot a lot, both dominate the ball, and both want to be The Man. I'm not saying it can't work, but I have my doubts.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Dolan is the worst.......Melo was never going to The Nets, he was never going to The Lakers and he was not staying in Denver...... .......banana in the tailpipe

• edpowers said:
    Dolan is the worst.......Melo was never going to The Nets, he was never going to The Lakers and he was not staying in Denver...... .......banana in the tailpipe

Truth.

Dolan is a complete moron and he could have swung this deal for way less.

• Horseleech said:
    the other thing I don't like is that this seems to be an Isiah-driven trade (according to the NYC sports media), and thus can only end badly.

• herbacios tweed said:
    Horseleech said:
    the other thing I don't like is that this seems to be an Isiah-driven trade (according to the NYC sports media), and thus can only end badly.

• fat fingered double post.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    herbacios tweed said:
    Horseleech said:

hilarious avatar worthy pic

• DJ_Enki said:

I think it could work. Carmelo can break his guy down and get to the rim, so Stoudemire should benefit off the dish when the defense collapses or crashing the boards. This would be good, as this season has seen too much Stoudemire trying to take people off the dribble, flailing around 15 feet out dribbling off his knee or getting picked.

I think the bigger problem, as others have pointed out, is the lack of sizable depth. I don't see these guys banging it out through multiple playoff series. Maybe the plan is to push the score, but at this point is Billups the guy to be leading a 7 seconds team?

Pretty interesting analysis here:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/22/deal-for-anthony-may-limit-knicks-upside/?hpw

Even if you don't buy into specifics of the number crunching the Knicks gutted roster and limited spending room can't be good.