NBA 2010 -'11 (Deluxe Version)

Comments

• batmon said:
    Just stop.

OK.

• But I will say this. He has been one of the many interesting stories this season.

• Things you can count on:

Death

Taxes

The Heat not beating a real team or winning a close game.

Western Conference titans bout to tip it off. Let's see what these league-leading Spurs are about.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    But I will say this. He has been one of the many interesting stories this season.

I agree.

Dude is a beast and he might even get some sympathy votes for MVP, but lets not throw him up there w/ Derrick Rose.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Derick Rose should get M.V.P.

Andrew Bynum getting back in the groove. Matt Barnes back. Lakers' ball movement at a season-high right now. LA for the three-peat.

• yuichi said:
    Derick Rose should get M.V.P.

Andrew Bynum getting back in the groove. Matt Barnes back. Lakers' ball movement at a season-high right now. LA for the three-peat.

Lakers just manhandled the Spurs. And I've come to the conclusion that Derrick Rose should win MVP now. Any man who can make an opposing team cry their hearts out after a close loss truly is deserving of such an accolade.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Effort > Talent

Plus, this:

"The Miami Heat are exactly what everyone wanted, losing games," Wade said. "The world is better now because the Heat is losing."

Where's the waaaambulance graemlin when one needs it? No one tosses money to the bums laced up with Jordans. Mister Hate-Us-Now has to walk in the public way. Booo hooo.

Middle digits to you and your tears, Wade.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I read that same Wade comment and just shook my head. Just pull your shit together and miss us with some victim shit.

Watching BOTH him and Lebron blow their game-winning attempts on the last sequence was delicious.

And seriously, I couldn't believe how badly the Lakers smacked down the Spurs today. Not to take anything away from the Lakers or their D but 35% shooting from the Spurs - AT HOME - sounds like they used up all cosmic favors in shellacking the Heat the other day. Artest's block + bicep kiss was hilarious and Shannon Brown's airtime on that dunk = face-melt.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the thing is this proves they were not groomed on how to respond to a mini-slump
    this is just feeding the mediamachine

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    But I will say this. He has been one of the many interesting stories this season.

Love is interesting. Too bad his supporting cast is Darko, Michael Beasley and Luke Ridnour... :oof:

Interesting to note that Love trained over the summer in L.A. with Rose and Westbrook. Imagine whoever trainer dude is will have some more interested parties this off-season.

Boozer won the Battle of Alaska in Miami, despite Mario Chalmers' two late buckets. I went to the Bulls-Heat "Latin Nights" last year in Chicago -- El Heat v Los Bulls -- and the announcer introduced all of the players in Spanish and actually called dude "Udonis Chalmers." Memories, and you know what else, plenty of fine seats available in Miami. That bullshit would never happen for a big Sunday matchup here, not in a million years.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Heat were built to make money, not win championships. They were never an elite team.....A Team has to go around the league twice before you know their true identity.....First time around The Heat played "too slow"..which was a problem for Charles Barkley and the network idiots...although they were losing games it would have been better to stay defensive minded and perfect their half-court game.......When Lebron started bitching they changed the offense ... now they're pretty much fucked forever

b/w

I know it's the cool thing to assume OKC is going to challenge The Lakers this season....but, no....Perkins is a nice addition but he won't improve their chances.....Garnett/Perkins > Durant/Perkins

If Dallas didn't lose Caron they'd make The Finals easy....now.. they can hope to take LA to 7 games

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm astounded at how shitty the Heat are at closing out games/hitting game-winners. Wade and Lebron are supposed to be two of the best in the biz when the game's on the line, and it's just been failure city in Miami.

• white_tea said:
    Memories, and you know what else, plenty of fine seats available in Miami. That bullshit would never happen for a big Sunday matchup here, not in a million years.

I couldn't believe I was looking at a patchwork crowd during the game. Even with 17 or so seconds left and the Bulls took the lead by one, people just started filing out as if they knew IN ADVANCE that Miami wasn't going to win. Maybe they read the last scene in the script that said LeBron was going to do his usual isolation, eat up TOO MUCH CLOCK for them to NOT ONLY make a shot attempt but to also get a rebound and reset to make another attempt if the previous attempt wasn't successful.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    edpowers said:
    If Dallas didn't lose Caron they'd make The Finals easy....now.. they can hope to take LA to 7 games

There is talk that Butler will be ready by the 2nd round.

Shhhhh!

batmon said:
    I got The Lakers takin it all against .............Chicago (yeah i said it.)

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Chicago

D. Rose bails them out on MANY trips.....

However, I do like them because for what they lack in star power, they seem to make up for with hustle.

• Options
    yuichi said:
    Chicago

D. Rose bails them out on MANY trips.....

However, I do like them because for what they lack in star power, they seem to make up for with hustle.

It's very hard to dislike Mr. Noah, even for a Celtics fan like me. I love that kind of player.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Michael Jordan continues to slay the fashion game. He knew Obama was watching the game and just had to throw some style out there while he watched Bulls-Cats from the bench. It wasn't easy to find a picture, and was almost going to be forced to recollect it being sort of a Cross Colors-colorway hoodie-blazer combo. I think.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    white_tea said:
    Michael Jordan continues to slay the fashion game. He knew Obama was watching the game and just had to throw some style out there while he watched Bulls-Cats from the bench. It wasn't easy to find a picture, and was almost going to be forced to recollect it being sort of a Cross Colors-colorway hoodie-blazer combo. I think.

Wow, he brings back the Hitler 'stache, and now he's going for unfortunate hip-hop fashions of yore. "Mr. Jordan, a Mr. Girbaud is on line two...."

• Mavs aren't doing anything if Chandler gets dinged in the playoffs. Haywood sucks so hard...can we get Damps back?

I can see Carlisle sticking w/ the vets too much and fuskin it up for us. JET is a super dude but his playoff act is tired for me.

I don't know if the new-look Spurs style will get them deep into the playoffs.

Do the Heat have any chance whatsoever tonight against the renewed Lakers squad?

GenePontecorvo said:

Do the Heat have any chance whatsoever tonight against the renewed Lakers squad?

nope

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Dampier? Really?!?!!

• Options
    motown67 said:
    Dampier? Really?!?!!

I know. The guy's worthless. No points and 3 rebounds in 19 minutes tonight.

Michael J. Fox could do that.

• Not really. Kind of a joke. Haywood has underperformed after signing a lucrative offseason deal is all.

• Options
    Tyler Hansbrough has moved into the Pacers starting lineup and he dropped 30 on the Knicks tonight.

On Sunday he had 29, also against the Knicks.

I've been saying he would turn out to be the real deal and taking a lot of shit for it, but I'm liking how it's looking now.

BobDesperado said:
    Tyler Hansbrough has moved into the Pacers starting lineup and he dropped 30 on the Knicks tonight.

On Sunday he had 29, also against the Knicks.

I've been saying he would turn out to be the real deal and taking a lot of shit for it, but I'm liking how it's looking now.

I wasnt a believer at all. He came in sick and outta shape,but gradually worked himself into the first unit.
    The knicks are also thin up front, so its not surprising.
    Ive watched dude all season and if he continues to look like that, the Pacers wont have to burn any big bucks to lure a PF.
    I had an exchange w a pacer/ tyler dick rider who felt he should been starting back in december. It was all based on faith on what he did against college dudes. Months ago he played hard, but hadnt shaken off the rust. Plus Josh McRoberts was playing better for a stretch.
    Tyler never gives up.

• My all-NBA frontline has T Hansborough, K Love and Nowitzki.

• Options
    GenePontecorvo said:
    My all-NBA frontline has T Hansborough, K Love and Nowitzki.

Still high from the 2010 Super Bowl, huh?

• BobDesperado said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    My all-NBA frontline has T Hansborough, K Love and Nowitzki.

Still high from the 2010 Super Bowl, huh?

Might need some Euros to round out the guards.....Hinrich and Steve Blake aren't cutting it for me. Brian Cardinal, coming off the bench.