Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    meistromoco said:
    pimlicosquirrel said:

The return of Glenn!

gotta love his creepy swag.

poor kid. but such a creeper.

He is played by the son of writer/creator Matt Weiner.

On the Season Two commentary Weiner enthuses about what great romantic chemistry the boy Glenn has with Betty/January Jones.

Creeptastic!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    StoneHands said:
    If he said collecting, it would make a bit more sense..
    hes the kinf of alcoholic who thinks he's collecting - meaning he buys bottles of expensive booze under the pretext of being a sophisticate, a collector. no?

correct-- they said collecting-- neither of them could identify what the bottle of booze was. it was raer, the kind of shit a collector has.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    meistromoco said:
    pimlicosquirrel said:

The return of Glenn!

gotta love his creepy swag.

poor kid. but such a creeper.

He is played by the son of writer/creator Matt Weiner.

On the Season Two commentary Weiner enthuses about what great romantic chemistry the boy Glenn has with Betty/January Jones.

Creeptastic!

weiner to his kid: "does she ever ask about me?"

• Lol's for days.

• chrisflyer said:

Lol's for days.

I thought it was a great episode last night. All the cooler that it was directed by John Slattery, aka Roger Sterling.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I like the moves the boy Pete Campbell/Faux Rillz is making.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    double post

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    yeah, back to form again last night. loving bohemian Peg. oh and peeping Peg lol!

personal favorite moment: Pete's shrug when his Father-In-Law called him a son-of-a-bitch.
    Finally got a chance to watch this week's episode last night.
    Everything truly back to fine form IMO.
    I complained that I needed more office-centered story and I sure got it!
    One of my favorite scenes was the opening teleconference with Lucky Strike.
    Not just for the comedy and ties to what was happening at that time, but also for the dynamism and complex direction of multiple conversations and small stories going on simultaneously.
    It got me watching at a sprint right from the get go.

Peggy finding the "bohemian underground" = much potential.
    Peggy peeping over the wall = Classic.

Is it just me or is Jon Hamm looking more and more sallow and wan?
    He almost looks more pale and more thinned out in the face than just make up would produce.
    Almost made me wonder whether to match Don drinking, perhaps Jon has picked up a vike habit or something...

Pete turning his nervousness about telling his father-in-law that they were dropping Clearasil around to basically blackmailing him for ALL HIS CLIENTS was WASP GANGSTA. When the father-in-law mumbles under his breath something like, "you son of a bitch" and Pete just looks at him and sort of shrugs it off, you know the whiny kid is growing up.

Two more things:
    I thought this was hilarious and spot on:

Could Don look any less manly than how his arm covers his face in this clip?

do you guys create these little clips? and if so, how?

• strong episode- show feels like it is getting on track..

rootlesscosmo said:
    do you guys create these little clips? and if so, how?
    I grabbed my clip and image from the link provided above (funny recap blog).

• edubedub 715 Posts
    ok, so that little clip of Pete dancing os from AMC HD channel???.... why don't I have the HD channel? - I didn't even know there was an HD channel of AMC... I feel robbed!!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    [
    When the father-in-law mumbles under his breath something like, you son of a bitch and Pete just looks at him and sort of shrugs it off, you know the whiny kid is growing up.

These are the moments that define Mad Men as great art.

Also, WTF Cooper in Reception?

This season has been fantastic. I'm not a Betty hater, but I can't say I miss Betty-centric story lines.

phongone said:

Pete's Grinch dance = classique!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    someone make a clip of Pete's shrug @ Trudy's Dad plaese.

or better yet, an animated gif. the shrug could displace the eyeroll 4eva.

faux_rillz said:
    phongone said:

when did this scene even occur? I just watched 404 and don't recall it at all.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    faux_rillz said:
    phongone said:

I was wondering the same thing!

Herm said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    faux_rillz said:
    phongone said:

I was wondering the same thing!

Last season: right after Pete found out he was being promoted to head of accounts and right before he found out he'd be sharing the position with Ken Cosgrove

• [
    When the father-in-law mumbles under his breath something like, you son of a bitch and Pete just looks at him and sort of shrugs it off, you know the whiny kid is growing up.

These are the moments that define Mad Men as great art.

Also, WTF Cooper in Reception?

This season has been fantastic. I'm not a Betty hater, but I can't say I miss Betty-centric story lines.

Cooper is retired. He's got nothing else to do but hang out around the office - with his socks off.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I just HAD to capture this screenshot:

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Herm said:
    I just HAD to capture this screenshot:

A balcony you can do Shakespeare from.

Good to see Don with his MoJo back and Betty doing the Cruella DeVille thing. I'm expecting them to throw us a curveball, but this season is falling into the groove of Don putting the Mack on and Betty being odious. Sorry, I mean Don putting :the_mack: on.

I have mixed feelings about last night's episode.
    For me it was OK, but not great.
    I understand the Roger thing, and it certainly fits into the time frame, but I'm not sure what it actually added to the story.

The thing that is starting to bug me is why Don doesn't get a new secretary already.
    I understand the joke value, and that it was in some way Joan's punishment for his actions, but enough's enough.
    I mean, if she were competent that would be one thing.
    But since when do you make your star earner suffer through a bad assistant?!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    haha I hear you but old girl had me rolling ... when Sterling and Cooper were already standing in his office and the box on his desk suddenly bellowed "MISTAH COOPER AND MISTAH STERLING" I almost spit my beer.

• Mrs. Blankenship continues to steal scenes. "I don't work for you!" I was dying.

Hats off to their casting director for finding such a short, smarmy, obviously-not-24-year-old to play Roger's cousin-in-law.

• Yes, but they are certainly taking the "announcing guests after Don's already in his office looking right at them" joke to the well too often.

I don't know... last episode was just OK. Not bad, not great... I guess Joan on Mad Men > Christina Hendricks at the emmy's so whatever.

I don't really see where anything's going this season, except possible liver failure for all involved.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Yes, but they are certainly taking the "announcing guests after Don's already in his office looking right at them" joke to the well too often.

I don't know... last episode was just OK. Not bad, not great... I guess Joan on Mad Men > Christina Hendricks at the emmy's so whatever.

I don't really see where anything's going this season, except possible liver failure for all involved.

I have to disagree. I think they have really opened it up this year. the broad comedy stuff is genius. Plus, I really like the inside baseball stuff that has been the focus of the last few episodes. Best season by a mile.

• damn a 48-hr bender? next level draper behavior.

• Best part of last episode was seeing Draper the fur salesman try to solicit a job from Roger. I didn't quite get the scene where he approaches Roger after drinking with him the prior day and - to Roger's suprise- informs him that he had been hired the day before, apparently while Roger was shitfaced at 10am. But most people are interpreting that scene to mean that Roger actually did not hire Don - but that was Don being Don...and outsmarting Roger.

:latte:

I don't really get the critique of this season. IMO, it's been great so far.

• I guess my critique is not that it hasn't been enjoyable, but that I'm not entirely sure where it's going - something I generally got the gist of in the earlier seasons.

I'm a late adopter, though, and am perfectly willing to give it time, and may well be proven wrong later on. I'm ok with it. Not really tripping.

• for you fans. behind the scenes photos from rolling stone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/photos/17382/196362/0