Mad Men Season 4

Comments

• hogginthefogg said:
    Mrs. Blankenship continues to steal scenes.

"If I wanted to see two negros fight I'd throw a dollar bill out my window."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    fusk was up with drunk Duck droppin' deuces??

OLSEN OVERLOAD

Don & Peg finding Sterling's memoirs was MMCG though

• SoulOnIce said:
    Don & Peg finding Sterling's memoirs was MMCG though

Mrs. Blankenship's stealing scenes she's not even in!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    for you fans. behind the scenes photos from rolling stone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/photos/17382/196362/0

I've never seen the show, but I enjoyed viewing this slideshow.

• Great episode.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Great episode.

yeah this was the best ep of the season. I (like others on here) was despairing at the lack of story development (seemed like once they launched the new agency it was basically same shit different day). but this one pushed the story forward, particularly w/r/t the Peggy-Draper relationship. Liston-Ali was a cool historical backdrop as well.

• SoulOnIce said:
    MMCG

what does this mean

• burt cooper has no testicles.

great episode, but i have to admit i found it tough watching don cry...

rootlesscosmo said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    MMCG

what does this mean

FIGURE IT OUT

• SoulOnIce said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    MMCG

what does this mean

FIGURE IT OUT

OKAY BRO.

I mean seriously, you aren't dumb ... so I have to assume you are just being ridiculously lazy.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    I mean seriously, you aren't dumb ... so I have to assume you are just being ridiculously lazy.

dick.

well, not that I really care - but I don??t know what it means either. Google is not your friend.

Closest I can guess is "Mad Men Comedy Gold".... but that??s hardly clever enough to get all about.

edub said:

Closest I can guess is "Mad Men Comedy Gold".... but that??s hardly clever enough to get all about.

I never said it was clever or facemelt - it isn't very clever at all, which is why it was really easy 4u2 figure out, "dick."

"Hate is a very strong word, Betty. I hate Nazis."

• SoulOnIce said:

That kind of confused me. Wasn't he saying he wanted Don dead just a few seasons ago??

• I got the impression Henry was just dating himself here. Doesn't he have grown children?
    Possibly a WWII Vet, maybe 10 years or so older than Don?
    The Father/ Daughter dynamic between Betty and Henry is pretty crazy in this episode.

• Line of the night to me was "you need three ingredients for a cocktail. Vodka and Mountain Dew is an emergency."

Peggy's lighting it up this season.

Herm said:
    SoulOnIce said:

That kind of confused me. Wasn't he saying he wanted Don dead just a few seasons ago??

I don't think he was even on the show a few seasons ago.

• Is it just me or did the last episode represent a pretty substantial revision to the theme/format of the whole show? Don voiceover? Journal writing? Several lengthy silent shots (Don's smoke outside the NYAC and then his little alcohol pondreing space out in the office)? It had a totally different feel.

In other news I wasn't alive in '65 but ol girl sucking Don off in a moving taxi seemed sorta next level no? And between Don touching Peggy's hand 2 episodes ago and his staring at her mouth in this one (only to have that end up being part of a longer sequence related to his thoughts on drinking apparently), the writers are definitely cranking up the (faux?) sexual tension between Don and Peggy.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    Is it just me or did the last episode represent a pretty substantial revision to the theme/format of the whole show? Don voiceover? Journal writing? Several lengthy silent shots (Don's smoke outside the NYAC and then his little alcohol pondreing space out in the office)? It had a totally different feel.

In other news I wasn't alive in '65 but ol girl sucking Don off in a moving taxi seemed sorta next level no? And between Don touching Peggy's hand 2 episodes ago and his staring at her mouth in this one (only to have that end up being part of a longer sequence related to his thoughts on drinking apparently), the writers are definitely cranking up the (faux?) sexual tension between Don and Peggy.

It was a total shift in writing and direction. I thought it was way out and it raises expectations of how it proceeds from here.

Joan WHACKED Peggy.

Siskin said:

Joan WHACKED Peggy.

They made her look hideous during that sequence too, with camera/lighting effects - she looked like a monster!

• SoulOnIce said:
    Herm said:
    SoulOnIce said:

I meant episodes ago.

also, funny how Betty hated being dragged out to Don's occasional work-related functions, so she re-married to an aspiring politician. LIFE CHANGE FAIL.

• SoulOnIce said:
    also, funny how Betty hated being dragged out to Don's occasional work-related functions, so she re-married to an aspiring politician. LIFE CHANGE FAIL.

I was thinking the same thing. Out of the frying pan into the fire steez. Politician trophy wife would be much more of an effort than ad man trophy wife.

• i thought joan walked away with the episode. agreed that her speech to peggy in the elevator was brilliant.

i hope the show doesn't shift into too much don narrating passages from his journal.

I have to be honest, I was psyched when Don scored with the Doc, if only because I think she is hellafied hott. Yes, I am living vicariously through Don Draper's female conquests. Kill me, please.

Oh, and her break-up call in the phone booth was hilarious. Draper sure acted on that inside information quickly, huh?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

In other news I wasn't alive in '65 but ol girl sucking Don off in a moving taxi seemed sorta next level no?

yeah, i know for a fact girls didn't give moving blowjobs until summer of '67. STEP YOUR RESEARCH UP MAD MEN WRITERS!

• Herm said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    Herm said:
    SoulOnIce said:

I meant episodes ago.

Betty said "I want him [Don] dead," not Henry.

I thought the voice-over was a little odd (and not sure I like it), but I thought overall it was a great episode. Don's 180 seemed a little too quick, but I'm sure it won't all go as well as it did this week.

Kind of feels like Don Draper is fading away and we are slowly seeing Dick Whitman...interesting that Don's older colleagues (roger, layne, cooper) were basically absent in the episode. That generation (plus Pete who acts just like them despite being younger) is becoming less relevant in every episode as the young bucks' more progressive way of doing things (and world view) is taking over. And Don is the only one of the older folks that is making the change too. Obviously the sexist / harassment is carrying over, but perhaps Peggy made it clear that that behavior is no longer OK.

• SIRUS said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

In other news I wasn't alive in '65 but ol girl sucking Don off in a moving taxi seemed sorta next level no?

yeah, i know for a fact girls didn't give moving blowjobs until summer of '67. STEP YOUR RESEARCH UP MAD MEN WRITERS!

Heh. I figured this was a somewhat heavy-handed way of showing How The Kids These Days Are Gettin' Down.