Mad Men Season 4

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    5 comments on this week's episode, and nobody mentions Lane's Dad??

:oh_my:
    :sonned:

Campbell was like the only one who had his shit together in that episode.

• That was some straight Mr. Fuji shit he pulled!

• hogginthefogg said:
    Naturi Naughton as Toni the Bunny! Thanks, Casting Director.

When I first read that she's be on there, I had mixed her up with Kurupt's baby mama, Natina Reed. (See: "It's Over.")

• the thing that stumped me the most this episode was the look on Don's face that the camera focused on right before cutting to the credits at the very end when he watched megan the secretary putting on her lipstick before leaving.

really curious what the intention was behind that shot.

• willie_fugal said:
    the thing that stumped me the most this episode was the look on Don's face that the camera focused on right before cutting to the credits at the very end when he watched megan the secretary putting on her lipstick before leaving.

prolly just: at the end of the day aint a damn thing changed with Don.

• Herm said:
    $5 says Joan didnt go through with the "operation."

I was thinking the same thing.

• Brian said:
    SoulOnIce said:

:sonned:

Campbell was like the only one who had his shit together in that episode.

haha yeah his weepy shit about how he's the only honest guy around was particularly rich as his cheating ass sat with his pregnant wife in his arms.

• first episode ever without any Peggy?

funny; I didn't miss her one bit actually.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    willie_fugal said:
    the thing that stumped me the most this episode was the look on Don's face that the camera focused on right before cutting to the credits at the very end when he watched megan the secretary putting on her lipstick before leaving.

yeah....

just seemed kinda abrupt since there hadn't really been any indication that he was interested in fucking this one, and he had just finished having a really intimate confessional w/his hot, pretty awesome-seeming gf.

i thought it might have been some comment on Don thinking about how little he knows about the secretary's real life-->how little everyone else knows about him kinda thing, but it's probably reading too much into it, and it's actually just what you said.

• SoulOnIce said:

"Get your affairs in order" ....or something to that effect.

Nobody has mentioned that last episode was the first time somebody said "fuck". It was bleeped out though, at least for me it was. I think Roger said to Pete "What the fuck were you thinking?"

• willie_fugal said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    willie_fugal said:

yeah....

just seemed kinda abrupt since there hadn't really been any indication that he was interested in fucking this one, and he had just finished having a really intimate confessional w/his hot, pretty awesome-seeming gf.

i thought it might have been some comment on Don thinking about how little he knows about the secretary's real life-->how little everyone else knows about him kinda thing, but it's probably reading too much into it, and it's actually just what you said.

I took it as more a marker of time marching on. He just looked at these Beatles tix sitting on his desk that are huge deal to his daughter but he already said he'll probably wear earplugs to the concert. Megan has plans that she's dollying herself up for - plans that don't include Don since he's not on the radar of women like that anymore. And he just averted disaster by avoiding this whole govt. background check, so there's some relief for Don in taking a moment to acknowledge the changes going on around him.

• Or....Maybe hes gonna ask Megan to take Sally? Megan's the only one who could comfort Sally when she had her little blowout, remember? (Speaking of that scene, anyone else notice that Megan was the only non-blonde?)

• i thought it was just that don had been so caught up by unfolding events that he hadn't noticed how smoking hot his new secretary was until that moment. he was staring at her the same way he was staring at the scotch earlier.

after a very slow start this show is now running on all 4 cylinders again...

how many episodes do we have left?

• crabmongerfunk said:
    i thought it was just that don had been so caught up by unfolding events that he hadn't noticed how smoking hot his new secretary was until that moment. he was staring at her the same way he was staring at the scotch earlier.

after a very slow start this show is now running on all 4 cylinders again...

how many episodes do we have left?

• willie_fugal said:

This will probably go down as my favorite moment of this series. Similar to D'Angelo's look at the waiter when grabbing the cake off of the dessert cart in the Wire.

Beautiful.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Sonned:

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'm afraid Roger's gonna off himself by seasons end.

b/w

Faye > Megan (though I do appreciate Megan's forwardness. Get get it, girl!)

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Herm said:
    I'm afraid Roger's gonna off himself by seasons end.

b/w

Faye > Megan (though I do appreciate Megan's forwardness. Get get it, girl!)

That Megan is so hot right now.

• I am not feeling Megan's brolic ass teeth.

• Herm said:
    Megan's forwardness

Don's either back in super hoe mode, or he's being set up. That was too easy.

• Faye had to have smelled the Megan on Draper.
    And yeah, old girl's teeth were looking pretty weird.
    There were several dental references in this last episode.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Girl's teeth are so bad, they had to be prosthetics.

This had me rolling.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I am not feeling Megan's brolic ass teeth.

My wife was clowning her fronts too. Still, she looks good.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    so wait, Mad Men was on last night??

why is it not on-demand!?

• SoulOnIce said:
    so wait, Mad Men was on last night??

why is it not on-demand!?

it always takes my on demand a couple days. they sell it to hulu and itunes first, etc.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I hear you, but I've had a routine of watching it Monday when I get home from work for a good 2 & 1/2 seasons now, so it was a little jarring when it wasn't there ... and then people were discussing a new episode here, after I had convinced myself it just hadn't been on at all last night.

• yeah it's not on my on demand yet either. but it was re-running on AMC and I just peeped it.

- short dude raises his hand and no one sees him lol.

- Faye: "Look at that punim"

- Roger with the hat sans tie looking extra gangster/shady when he came to see Joan.

- Inevitable Megan mackage. And yeah those teeth, esp in the last scene. Ol girl looked like Freddy Mercury.

- "Sterling's Gold"

Man I fear for Roger's mental health....esp that last scene when wifey was talmbout "Im so proud of you." Damn.

So like, anyone think Don felt like a scumbag after coming home from banging Megan and having Faye waiting there having just totally compromised her morals in order to save his job? I feel like even a dog like Don woulda felt awkward right then.

• I really thought Roger was gonna kill himself in that episode. That was depressing even for Mad Men.

I loved the eulogy scene that had Don reflecting on what kind of father he's been and Pete reflecting on what kind of father he'll be.

After her pitch meeting, I half expected Peggy to hold a Mentos pack up to the camera.

"I nail the account even with lipstick on my teeth? Oh, Mentos, you really are the freshmaker???"

hogginthefogg said:
    I really thought Roger was gonna kill himself in that episode. That was depressing even for Mad Men.

It seems like they've been foreshadowing Roger's death a lot this season, which makes me think they're not going to kill him off yet, given the shows penchant for defying expectations. I wouldn't mind if they kill off Roger. Like Sal his character arc has reached a point of completion, he really has no roll in the agency any more. I'll miss John Slattery if he goes, though.