TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Serious doe on the tea front I am yet to tire of Redbush (again, ). Does indeed go well with Ginger Nuts.

IMHO.

it's all about custard creams man. part the biscuit and lick out the centre.

There's nothing I hate more than people that do this. I expect you subject people to a similar spectacle when you masticate bourbon creams, yes? Well, fuck you. Can't you just eat the damn biscuit as nature intended? Again, Fuck You!

RE: the BBE vs LagosDiscoInferno malarky. I think what it boils down to is that Frank shows the insecurity of somebody very new to the compilation game. I wouldn't NOT buy a comp because I already have ONE track on it... far from it, sometimes, from a DJ perspective, I might actually be pleased to have two copies of the same song.

I reckon there's something out of Africa you'd warm to Skel. There must be.

That really is the thread that keeps on giving. The DjHistory one is the only time Fwank hasn't appeared from his spiderhole to tell people off, whilst making sure to let everyone know just how great he is.

He hasn't gone to the Ninjatune forum yet as far as I know, although he's probably tried... I can never activate a bloody account for that place, not for want of trying.

Are there any on-line music forums that haven't been discussing this thread?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    That really is the thread that keeps on giving. The DjHistory one is the only time Fwank hasn't appeared from his spiderhole to tell people off, whilst making sure to let everyone know just how great he is.

He hasn't gone to the Ninjatune forum yet as far as I know, although he's probably tried... I can never activate a bloody account for that place, not for want of trying.

Are there any on-line music forums that haven't been discussing this thread?

Damn man.. I've got a couple of posts in that thread, if anyone wants to buy some advertising space holla!

I can't stand the NinjaTunes forum so horrible on the eyes.

There's another thread here - http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=393708832 but it's boring and Australian.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

I reckon there's something out of Africa you'd warm to Skel. There must be.

African stuff I ride for:

Next time we meet up, I'll converse about the Frank situation more fully.

• Options
    I imagine Brits pronounce "space" and "spice" (no Dune-o) exactly the same way.

Confirm or deny.

b/w

I wish I had a Brit accent. I would be swimming in punani juice and probably promoted to company president, post-haste.

Or cast as a villain in every Hollywood blockbuster out there, villified as being anally retentive and relentlessly unfunky, and approximately 99.99% white (word to Harvey). Oh, and an imperialist, colonialist Queen-hugger.

Apart from that it's all good.

BTW if you believe we'd say spice over space, I might suggest you've been exposed to a little too much Mary Poppins-era Dick Van Dyke.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Depends where you're from. If you're from the North of England (the true Green And Pleasant Land, where people know there's no letter "r" in "bath"), you'll pronounce it "space". If you're from the Midlands, it'll sound like "spice". If people in the South of England actually spoke with Don Cheadle/Oceans 11/Dyke Van Dick it's-a-jolly-'olliday-wiv-Ma-reee cockernee accents, they might possibly pronounce it "spice", but they don't, so they say "space". It just sounds like "spice" if your ear can't pick up all the nuances n shit.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I imagine Brits pronounce "space" and "spice" (no Dune-o) exactly the same way.

Confirm or deny.

spays, speys, speyes, spiese, spahys,

Hope that clears it up for you.

Have a butcher's at this. "99.9% White" London in 1976, via an Aquarius documentary on reggae introduced by the founder of the RSC.

Hasn't-Stokey-changed-R

Watch 1976 - Aquarius - Reggae Documentary in Educational | View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

Anyone remember the name of that reggae fanzine Carl Gayle used to publish BITD?

• Options
    Thanks for clearing up my space/spice quandry.

And I still wish I had a Brit accent, villification and all.

Hey, any idea if Madonna still tries to pass off a Brit accent? That shit was silly for a brief time.

I wish I had a Brit accent. I would be swimming in punani juice and probably promoted to company president, post-haste.

Unless you're in Britain. You're present accent is more likely to do that here...

maybe not the company president bit.

My girlfriend loves the Southern accent (hello Harvey). [jealousy] And that dude Stackhouse from Trueblood, although his accent has nothing to do with it. [/jealousy]

• Where's DJ Mario at?
    I'm here, just going back and forth between that batarding DJ Nuts mix & my records to bash out the final tracklist.

Completely avoided that clusterfuck of Frank VS BBE, i knew it would turn into an argument of some sorts. Don't tell Frank or Horseleech, but i ride for Off Track 3 slightly more than Lagos Disco Inferno. Both are good, but celebrity digger/djs etc aside, i enjoy the music on OT3 more (especially Kon's side).

So, my Labour-til-I-diehard chums, now that Gordon B is effed in the gee, who do you want as your new party leader (probably in about a month or so)?

Surely the boy Milliband is the most likely candidate, no?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Tony Benn, ideally (Although I am unfashionably pro-war). Bit old doe.

I don't particularly like GB but I don't blame him for saying what he sees, it worked on Catchphrase. Why should he apologise? Why are they transmitting private conversations?

I don't like the look of any of 'em to be honest, but of course, we must take the lesser of the evils. To not vote and then complain about being royally shafted is nagl.

I won't be voting Cameron 'cause I might end up poor again with no way back. Probably Labour. Our local MP lives over my back fence. His wife has a K-plate Audi 80. No duck pond. I think that's as honest as it gets these days.

I don't particularly like GB but I don't blame him for saying what he sees, it worked on Catchphrase. Why should he apologise?

Saying one thing to the face and another behind the back is all part of the business of living a peaceful life, but damn if you're a politician caught out on that....
    I agree if that's genuinely what he felt he shouldn't have apologised, but to do so is a pussy move, and who can stomach the fact that he didn't have the moral courage to say what he felt at the time?

This is, what, about the first time GB has had to confront a real life voter in about 10 years and he muffs it up! What a mug!

Also, while the term 'bigot' can be applied to just about everyone you've ever met in it's dictionary sense, the word has come to have connoitations of racism. I think the public will cane Labour for GB's thinking around this, which Joe Public will read as that you will get tagged as a racist if you raise the issue of immigration.

A friend of mine who lives in Barcelona said that Busquets is a slimy, diving cheat.

This was the same diving cnut that had Cesc suspended for the return leg. Not surprised Motta was raging. The best team goes through to the final imo. Mourinho to Citeh in the summer?

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    not trying to get too , but clearly it was a sky news stitch up wasn't it.. so whats murdoch's battleplan? its about the swing voter massive isn't it, trying to get that element that is wound up about immigration but would never vote tory to switch to davey boy, in view of the totally unpredicted swing to lib dems. they are now ramming the message home on sky news 24 on infinite repeat. GORDON THINKS YOUR A BIGOT.

but actually he said she was "A SORT OF bigoted woman."

i wonder if people that agree that the immigration moral panic is often to do with racism and xenophobia would be impressed at that remark, and maybe he should have stuck to his guns like jimster says.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I have no idea what competition you are referring to

b/w

The least mouth watering final since Milan V Juve

The least mouth watering final since Milan V Juve

Come now, the beauty of Mourinho is that he always brings entertainment, even if it's not on the pitch, you're guaranteed a show. I enjoyed last night's game, and particularly Mourinho running on to the pitch at the end. Quality.

Along with the Mourinho factor, I reckon this Inter team have benefited from the winning mentality that Eto'o brings: in the game against Chelsea, Inter won a throw-in deep in Chelsea's half, and Eto'o ran up to take it. He looked about and realised that although a goal up, the rest of his team weren't pressing for another, so he started angrily gesticulating for the whole team to press up the pitch into Chelsea's half, to go for the jugular... 20 seconds later and Inter had a second goal, game over. Thought he also provided decent cover down the left wing and a dangerous outlet. Ibra? Pfft.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    The Special One apart I just don't rate either team as entertaining to watch. Personal bitterness apart it's just a bit depressing that the final is being played out by two teams I wouldn't rate in the top six in Europe and they don't even have the romantic edge of, say, Lyon making it there.

Actually the above is absolutely full of bitterness.

On the plus side at least Barca getting knocked out means that we get a few weeks break from Messi nut cradling in the media before the WC.

I was "Watching" a text-feed of the match. Funniest comment was, about 60 minutes in (some flare or whatever goes off I imagine), "What was that bang? Oh, Ibrahimovich getting his coat."

I don't particularly like GB but I don't blame him for saying what he sees, it worked on Catchphrase. Why should he apologise?

Saying one thing to the face and another behind the back is all part of the business of living a peaceful life, but damn if you're a politician caught out on that....
    I agree if that's genuinely what he felt he shouldn't have apologised, but to do so is a pussy move, and who can stomach the fact that he didn't have the moral courage to say what he felt at the time?

This is, what, about the first time GB has had to confront a real life voter in about 10 years and he muffs it up! What a mug!

Also, while the term 'bigot' can be applied to just about everyone you've ever met in it's dictionary sense, the word has come to have connoitations of racism. I think the public will cane Labour for GB's thinking around this, which Joe Public will read as that you will get tagged as a racist if you raise the issue of immigration.

Fuck Joe Public. In the words of Sid Vicious, I've met the man in the street, and he's a cunt.

"You can't talk about immigration".

Note the use of the word "granny" - this is a nice, sweet, little old lady that Gordon Brown's abused here; not someone who, y'know, mightn't actually know what she's talking about.

A few words from one of those people The Daily Blackshirt demonises every fucking day, whether there's an election campaign on or not.

Nobody actually wants to have a proper, mature, intelligent debate about immigration in this country, any more than they want to have a proper debate about drugs or the licensing laws. In fact, they'd prefer not to debate it at all. Nobody wants to talk about, say, the skills gap that's developed in the NHS over the last quarter of a century, as nursing staff either go into private care or leave the profession altogether (I've witnessed the effects of this first-hand), especially if tackling that problem might, y'know, cost money. Nor do they want to consider what the quality of medical care might actually be like right now if we weren't able to call upon Eastern European agency nurses to fill that gap while we decide ? and how long does it take, really? - whether decent public services are something we're prepared to pay for. Nobody really cares that, five years ago, the guy fitting their new bath might have been a university lecturer in Tirana, so long as they don't have to pay a fortune for a botch job like they did the last time (been there, done that as well). Nobody complains that the Polish girl pulling their pint is actually a dentist, although they might complain when she tells them it'll be ?3.60, please.

No, what they want to do is be able to talk freely and with impunity about ?fucking foreigners?, and how they're taking all the jobs, and how the shops are full of all their funny food and beer with names you can't pronounce, and it's them doing all the burglaries around here, y'know, they've got me scared to go out of a night, and have you noticed how much dirtier it is since they moved in, I mean, they're not clean, are they, and they smell awful and you can never tell if they're talking about you or not because none of them can be bothered to learn English, well, they've no need to, have they? They don't make any effort to integrate, after all...

Yes-mad-doggie-R

Dude.

What to say to my bro in law, who as a building worker has taken three pay cuts in the last year in light of competition from Eastern euroman and now struggles seriously with the mortgage?

You may not want to see both sides of this, but you kind of have to to have a sensible discussion about it.

Tarring folks w/ the racist brush is opposite to tarring immigrants as you stated above, but equal.

I thought computer programming was a safe bet outa uni, what with these computer things not set to go away until the Sun expands and swallows the Earth, but hey, here's some Indian / Fillipino dhouds who will do the code for 1/10th of my wages, over there. Like they do with the cheap clothes I can have down Primark.

Earning less now than I was 12 years ago.

Global market for jobs these days and we must deal.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    GB Bigot R:

Sky news is owned by Murdoch right?

sayin.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    Dude.

What to say to my bro in law, who as a building worker has taken three pay cuts in the last year in light of competition from Eastern euroman and now struggles seriously with the mortgage?

this is definitely the tricky part. i know lads of 23 from romford who all vote bnp. i try to engage with them on why the bnp is so despicable and horrible but they don't get it. their whole family votes bnp because of this kind of context. in romford they have special pamphlets with policies like "we will ban all speed cameras" to get boy racers to vote for them.

You can't offshore building work doe.

FWIW I am in favour of immigration, added to the gaiety of nations, dig the cosmo vibes etc etc
    The truly beneficial effects won't be felt for a long time, vis a vis a larger population generating more net wealth, tax money etc etc. Bottom line, I wouldn't be here without immigration, nor would most of us right?

I do however recognise there is a limit to the number of people that the towns and cities can accomodate in a short time scale. We are the most densely popped country in Europe, no? The ordinary punter is feeling the pressure on his life in a real way, that can't be alleviated or dismissed by some old dogma.
    These politicos better engage properly in this or they will do us all a huge disservice.

Let's get that debate out there in the national space, w/o people having to feel defensive of allegations of racism. That stuff is just plain bullying IMHO.

You can't offshore building work doe.

No, but they can just bring them here and still make a massive saving, which is what is happening. Although, I thought with the arse out of the building industry at the moment, nothing is being built? Robbie Fowler has bought everything else.

Olympic site and Cross rail, plus a prison IIRC.