TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Oh yeh, they put out this new version of Spotify (not old man shed-R). I recommend it!

You can see which Beach Boys song is allegedly my all-time most played and all types of other pointless info.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I refuse to believe, boy Chizzle, that you have ever knowingly played a Beach Boys track in your life.

I'm not sure I can convince you. Here's a picture of Al Jardine standing next to Kanye West though.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Worst.

Shirt.

Ever.

Dude looks like a cadaver. I'll wager your favourite track is Help Me Rhonda.
    Or maybe that's Neil Something's favourite.

So what's happening in the East Kent hood these days P**l?

Any worthwhile record shops? Charity shop digging, much?

Any soulboy dealers holed up in Dymchurch taking private callers only?

Dover and environs must catch some of that eurofunk spill-over, no?

• Dude looks like a cadaver. I'll wager your favourite track is Help Me Rhonda.
    Or maybe that's Neil Something's favourite.

Worst.

Shirt.

Ever.

Jimster, you can't ride for God Only Knows, Heroes and Villains, GV?

The East Kent trench as I'm sure Senior will agree is pretty bollocks at the best of times.

My old man fairs better from the charity shop experience due to the never ending supply of mint condition Wagner box sets.

In terms of actual record stores, there's not much to go on beyond some c*nt with a pony tail flogging you over-priced turds. Definately no boutiques.

Of course only real headz know about Romney/Hythe/Dymchurch axis of records only accessible via steam engine.

Worst.

Shirt.

Ever.

Jimster, you can't ride for God Only Knows, Heroes and Villains, GV?

I can't ride for Kanye's "Taste" but I will ride firm for some BBs, sure. All of those you done said, plus "In My Room" and "Little Deuce Coupe" (The-Bad-Guys-Know-Us-And-They-Leave-Us-Alone-R)

Is my Brit license revoked if I say that Pet Sounds is better than anything the Beatles ever did?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Oh yeh, they put out this new version of Spotify (not old man shed-R). I recommend it!

You can see which Beach Boys song is allegedly my all-time most played and all types of other pointless info.

Yeah, it's a pretty sweet little tweak they made there, making it social. A mate of mine is Music Week's digital editor and, partly due to his vigorous championing of Spotify, he's become quite tight with the bigwigs over there. Apparently their main priority for 2010 is the US.

Anyway, here's a (very loosely) topically-themed playlist I thrashed up during my lunch hour, such as it is.

http://open.spotify.com/user/mightylove/playlist/0605166Uxkt2df0Byr2nd1

• oh, rhondda.

jeeeeeeez... i only just got it.

Is my Brit license revoked if I say that Pet Sounds is better than anything the Beatles ever did?

I've heard it said by Brits before now.

For obvious reasons, I cannot possibly concur with such an opinion. But I will concede there have been moments when I've thought it possible. On the whole, though, the Beatles' peaks are many, whereas there are more than a few undeniable stinkers in the Beach Boys repertoire, and I'm talking about entire albums rather than the odd rogue tune like Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da or Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

Did you ever think the Beatles were just four chancing scousers, doe? Got it right In deh Smowkh with their colloquial charm and cheeky haircuts, cracked the US offa the back of breaking black music to ignant white ray-joe?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    So is this new version of Spotify available to free users as well as subscribers? If so, where do I get it? Help me out as I'm feeling particularly reluctant to google said info today.

I would probably say I prefer Pet Sounds as an album over any whole Beatles album but then I prefer Pet Sounds over nearly every other album I've ever heard. Catalogue wise, however, there's no competition.

The East Kent trench as I'm sure Senior will agree is pretty bollocks at the best of times.

There did use to be a place called something like The Exchange on the high street opposite (?)Richard's Records(?) which alongside a plethora of tat hosted an overstocked record section with albums for 3 quid and 12 inches for a pound. If I knew then what I knew now I would have cleared the guy out of his collection.

I expect it's long gone now though

So is this new version of Spotify available to free users as well as subscribers? If so, where do I get it? Help me out as I'm feeling particularly reluctant to google said info today.

I'm still on poor people's Spotify, so the answer's yes. Just log in as normal and, when you do, you'll find a shiny new interface that allows you to share your playlists with any FB mates who have it and vicky-verky. It's dead good.

If it's an invite you're after, PM me with an email address and I'll sort you out. I've got four invites left, which leaves three more up for grabs if anybody wants one.

Richards is long gone. The Exchange is OK, but he must have raised his minimum price cos it's universally over-priced, (see c*nts with ponytails comment).

I think this new one is free as well A*i, you gotta download the installer again until they bring in an auto-update.

Cheers for the offer Doc, I got a free account invite from another kind Strutter a while ago, think it was Chizzle.

Just logged out and in again and I'm not getting all this lovely new interface on mine at all which is making me a very sad clown indeed.

I also don't get any invites on my free account which leads me to believe that you've got a superior version of the software anyway?

On a general note funny they're doing this now as I've just logged in lastfm for the first time in ages and seen something a bit similar with track rankings etc. Considering they're happily synched anyway surely there's going to be a buy out there sooner or later?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    London is 99.9% white.

Well, the Beatles were all white... The fact that they weren't from London shouldn't change the stat at all.

I still can't believe Harv said that one. Boggles the mind.

Speaking on the new version of Spotify. I like the fact that iTune Libraries can be uploaded.

Cheers for the offer Doc, I got a free account invite from another kind Strutter a while ago, think it was Chizzle.

Just logged out and in again and I'm not getting all this lovely new interface on mine at all which is making me a very sad clown indeed.

I also don't get any invites on my free account which leads me to believe that you've got a superior version of the software anyway?

On a general note funny they're doing this now as I've just logged in lastfm for the first time in ages and seen something a bit similar with track rankings etc. Considering they're happily synched anyway surely there's going to be a buy out there sooner or later?

Ah, well, the only difference I can envisage may be because I've had Spotify since late '08, when they gave you ten invites at sign-up. I don't think the software's any different, although I'm running it on this laptop for the first time, as opposed to the computer I normally run it on, so I can't really tell at the moment.

Richards is long gone. The Exchange is OK, but he must have raised his minimum price cos it's universally over-priced, (see c*nts with ponytails comment).

I think this new one is free as well A*i, you gotta download the installer again until they bring in an auto-update.

Ah can't say I'm sorry to see the back of Richards, I used to have to get up before midday on a Saturday so I could get in there and get first dibs on the new records brought in as any later and the guys from Richards would pick them up and then sell them for twice the price across the road.
    I feel partially responsible for the overpricing at the exchange as my total lack of poker face over finding bargains probably got him to research further than his logic at the time of set prices for everything apart from picture discs.

I just tried installing it again and still no go. I feel like I've failed somehow.

They must have removed the latest installer or something just to fuck with your mind.

Yeah looks like they've staggered the release and I'm still waiting in line for my update praying I'll be next like the reject kid at lunchtime football.

Yep, indeed they have. Here's the latest version:

http://rapidshare.com/files/380796416/Spotify_Installer.exe

Yes! Cheers P***, I'm online and looking good. I shall go to the ball after all.

• I know I can find an answer here:

Is there a footie equivalent of "Play ball!" or "Game on!" that is said at the beginning of matches?

No mate. The ref blows the whistle and we're off. No fannying about with poncey platitudes.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    I know I can find an answer here:

Is there a footie equivalent of "Play ball!" or "Game on!" that is said at the beginning of matches?

not so much R*ss.

"and we're off" or "and there goes the whistle" are the only ones i tend to hear commentators say with any regularity. The official kinda controls the clock like a black-hole that only he (or Sir Alex Ferguson) knows about , so its pretty much up to him to start the match.

Once the ball is placed on the center, the team with starting possession just kinda mulls around it until whistle is blown (can range from a few to a few dozen seconds). there is not much fan fare in the act of moving the ball.

Much different than Hockey/Basketball with a battle for the puck/ball, or even American Football where the kicker's run-up makes it a bit more of an event.

I will tell you doe that each team's hard dude will, just prior to the whistle, grimace like he's shitting piles, clench the fist into a tight ball of fury, and urge his team-mates to gird their loins for the forthcoming battle with a short sharp burst of "C'mon lads, let's get fuckin' stuck in to these cunts".

• "C'mon lads, let's get fuckin' stuck in to these cunts".

This phrase should work nicely for the ad copy I'm writing. Thank you, Skel.