THE NBA PLAYOFFS - '09!!!

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Artest is probably my favorite player in the NBA right now.

Queensbridge!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Pau, step up your overall intensity. You are the weakest link this game.

I was surprised when Sasha Vujacic got 3 years 15 million, but now I think it's the dumbest move they made in a while. Oh yea, that and they traded Radmanovic. He was airhead at times, but still a pure shooter. Vujacic is a wannabe.

Game 7 of Rockets/Lakers coming.

Helluva a player in college..I'm not mad at him...he's bringing his A game.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Game 7 Sunday. Amazing will happen.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Helluva a player in college..I'm not mad at him...he's bringing his A game.

My best case scenario in the first round was to have Brooks play great basketball in a losing effort. Since the Rockets dispatched the Trailblazers, I'm left to hope that Brooks continues to play great basketball in a winning effort.

I believe he is the only former Oregon Duck left in the playoffs.

Nice game by the Rockets tonight.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    it was a terrible game, are you kidding? the Lakers barely showed up. how can a team dominate another team by 40 points and then play so poorly the next. the game was fixed on purpose for a game 7 at staples center to sell more memorabilia, concessions & seats. anyone who disagrees with this theory is fooling themselves.
    Rockets will get spanked on sunday.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    it was a terrible game, are you kidding? the Lakers barely showed up. how can a team dominate another team by 40 points and then play so poorly the next. the game was fixed on purpose for a game 7 at staples center to sell more memorabilia, concessions & seats. anyone who disagrees with this theory is fooling themselves.
    Rockets will get spanked on sunday.

So the Officials controlled the game w/ suspect calls, so the NBA can sell more Hot dogs,Farmar Jerseys, and more seats?

GTFOHWTB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Oden > Bynum

Oden > Bynum

yep. Bynum looked lost out there.

Pau, step up your overall intensity. You are the weakest link this game.

Pau is not a center ...playing Pau center is the same as playing Dirk center and this is the second year they've had to do this because Andrew Bynum is a bust....Aaron Brooks is the fastest pg in the league so it's not expected for any of the Lakers to stay in front of him...the backside help isn't there because Andrew Bynum is bust who has been ruined by Kareem Abdul Jabbar same as Michael Olikandi was ruined by Kareem....

that being said...

The Lakers are losing because of their offense....you can always tell what kind of game the Lakers are going to have based on their offensive production in first 5 minutes of a game....The Laker offense dictates their defensive effort..Phil has allowed them way too much offensive freedom in this series and im not quite sure why.....The Lakers are also one of the dumbest teams in the league and they have fits against teams who have more intelligent players....Fisher and Walton are the only two dudes with any brains on the team but they are also the least talented.....You have to keep one of those dudes on the floor at all times or shit will fall apart....problem is your playing a man short when either one is out there because of their lack of skill.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Oden > Bynum

how come no one is calling Bynum a bum? In his fourth year in the league and has already had like three knee surgeries. Kobe was right, they shoulda traded him when his value was high.

Phil has allowed them way too much offensive freedom in this series and im not quite sure why

his comments at the beginning of the 2nd quarter were delusional. "The offense is fine, we just need to hit our shots."

Oden > Bynum

how come no one is calling Bynum a bum? In his fourth year in the league and has already had like three knee surgeries. Kobe was right, they shoulda traded him when his value was high.

Because having a below average big man is better than having no big man at all....As bad as Bynum is he's still better than most other Centers in the league....Andrew is still young so if they get Kareem the hell away from him he still has a chance to be a star

Phil has allowed them way too much offensive freedom in this series and im not quite sure why

his comments at the beginning of the 2nd quarter were delusional. "The offense is fine, we just need to hit our shots."

yea...he was talking about the ball movement ...The Rockets are running the same defense Detroit and Boston runs against the Lakers and ball movement is the only way to get past it.....instead of settling for the jumpers they need to send two divers to the basket instead of just Lamar or Bynum....all this heart and determintation talk is nonsense...heart and determination are overrated...talent wins every year

and for the record that defense is illegal

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Is the problem that Kareem coaches centers to play with too much finesse? if not, what is the problem with Kareem?

Full disclosure: I am a Kareem fanboy, despite my hateration for the Lakernation.

Is the problem that Kareem coaches centers to play with too much finesse? if not, what is the problem with Kareem?

Full disclosure: I am a Kareem fanboy, despite my hateration for the Lakernation.

Yes...As great as Kareem was he was soft as shit and played terrible man defense....see Bynum

Bynum needs to play like Dwight Howard ..run the floor,block shots,snatch boards.....dude would be a beast ...but instead he jogs down like Kareem and is on his ass all game

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Shit was pathetic though it should also be acknowledged that the Rockets are playing with hella heart.

The LA Times are practically having a cardiac this morning, talking about the game.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

and for the record that defense is illegal

link the rulebook on that one-- i'm not buying it.

*It's a conspiracy, yo!*

Shit was pathetic though it should also be acknowledged that the Rockets are playing with hella heart.

The LA Times are practically having a cardiac this morning, talking about the game.

the second half of that article is pretty good, but yeah, that first page is a complete author meltdown, including the ALL CAPS.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Oden > Bynum

Because having a below average big man is better than having no big man at all....As bad as Bynum is he's still better than most other Centers in the league....Andrew is still young so if they get Kareem the hell away from him he still has a chance to be a star

Another factor could be that Bynum signed a 4 year, $58 million dollar deal before this season. Lack of hunger related

blaming kareem is horseshit.
    god forbid dude teaches bynum how to hit a hook shot in the event that he *gasp* isn't close enough to the rim to dunk the ball.

that article is funny yo

the best team in the West

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Can I say this hear, Batmon?

R.I.P. Wayman Tisdale

the second half of that article is pretty good, but yeah, that first page is a complete author meltdown, including the ALL CAPS.

Simers is kind of like that. He's been catching shit from fans for daring to say that Manny has been a disaster for LA and this new column isn't likely to make him more friends. I do like how he asks, "why do you like this team?" (meaning the Lakers).

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    Can I say this hear, Batmon?

R.I.P. Wayman Tisdale

R.I.P. indeed. I just read the news. 44 is way too young.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-obit-tisdale&prov=ap&type=lgns

I didn't know he was an "award-winning jazz musician, with several albums making the top 10 on the Billboard charts."

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Yeah back in the days on NBA Inside Stuff they would check on Tisdale. He's be jammin at some nightclub w/ the shred-face. Bowwwp-Booowp....