THE NBA PLAYOFFS - '09!!!

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    N.O. has some nice talent, but I think they're still in search of a team identity. I mean, when Chandler was running the court catching lobs from Paul, it was all good. That was their thing. They've definitely lost steam since last season. I might also add that they could probably use a few more "basketball minds". They got nice instinctual players, but you need a right mix of instincts and smarts to win ball games, imo.

LOL
    "identity"
    "basketball minds"
    LOL

And you wonder why your "Dubs" don't have a chance.

there's this widely held belief that he's just gonna explode NEXT season.

No there isn't.

Haha. Thank you. I didn't even really know how to address that left-field statement.

actually, it is a widely held belief, a la "my best is yet to come" in the previously mentioned commercial.
    we on soulstrut are in the minority when we say dork ain't and wont do much more than he's already done.

No it isn't.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    N.O. has some nice talent, but I think they're still in search of a team identity. I mean, when Chandler was running the court catching lobs from Paul, it was all good. That was their thing. They've definitely lost steam since last season. I might also add that they could probably use a few more "basketball minds". They got nice instinctual players, but you need a right mix of instincts and smarts to win ball games, imo.

LOL
    "identity"
    "basketball minds"
    LOL

you're such a clown.
    i'm fully aware of why the warriors sucked this season-- that wasn't the argument. insinuating that a team needs more "basketball minded" people on a staff that already includes byron scott, kenny gattison and paul pressey is ridiculous.

you should probably know what you're talking about before you post.

i'm gonna go back to watching derrick rose light shit up in boston now.

• Surely you staunch Mavs-haters are feelin #11: JJ Barea.

Good team win for the Mavs. Not a lot out of Dirk and JET. Carlisle seems a little more adept at halftime adjustments than Avery was.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Surely you staunch Mavs-haters are feelin #11: JJ Barea.

Good team win for the Mavs. Not a lot out of Dirk and JET. Carlisle seems a little more adept at halftime adjustments than Avery was.

Nice game out of Antoine Wright.

Spurs go 11/12 on 3's!!

What announcers did you have??

I was certain Rose would be another in a long line of Memphis State busts.

I was wrong.

• Surely you staunch Mavs-haters are feelin #11: JJ Barea.

Spurs go 11/12 on 3's!!

Tirico and Hubie Brown, unfortunately. Hubie I don't mind but Tirico is BotB to me.

Dude. You called that man Ericka. Tonight he was the Player of the Game.

Surely you staunch Mavs-haters are feelin #11: JJ Barea.

Spurs go 11/12 on 3's!!

Tirico and Hubie Brown, unfortunately. Hubie I don't mind but Tirico is BotB to me.

Dude. You called that man Ericka. Tonight he was the Player of the Game.

If he could do that 2 out of every 3 games we could contend.

He can't........won't.

I hope he proves me wrong too.

LOL
    "identity"
    "basketball minds"
    LOL

you're such a clown.
    i'm fully aware of why the warriors sucked this season-- that wasn't the argument. insinuating that a team needs more "basketball minded" people on a staff that already includes byron scott, kenny gattison and paul pressey is ridiculous.

I`m talking about the roster bitch.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

LOL
    "identity"
    "basketball minds"
    LOL

you're such a clown.

oh, yeah.
    i see what you're saying now.
    that chris paul... doesn't really know the game too well. not really a good basketball mind... dude totally looks lost out there.

• Yeah so maybe Portland is not quite ready to take the WC by storm.

Aaron Brooks is kind-of a baller.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Yeah so maybe Portland is not quite ready to take the WC by storm.

That game was a nightmare to watch for a Blazer fan. I can only hope that we got all of our playoff jitters/nervousness out in one game.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Oden had 15 points!!!

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Oden had 15 points!!!

Oden vs. Mutumbo backup center matchup was one of the few things going well in that game.

LOL
    "identity"
    "basketball minds"
    LOL

you're such a clown.

oh, yeah.
    i see what you're saying now.
    that chris paul... doesn't really know the game too well. not really a good basketball mind... dude totally looks lost out there.

He was kind-of the man at Oregon too.

AK-47 shoulda dunked that shit. Soft Shell crab shit.

AK-47 shoulda dunked that shit. Soft Shell crab shit.

I hate when dude`s use their inside arm to hold off the drive.

Its good to see Ariza evolve.

That reverse throwdown on the break was

"The only person who can guard Kobe Bryant is the person you talk to when u get on your knees at night."

Charles Barkley

haha

"The only person who can guard Kobe Bryant is the person you talk to when u get on your knees at night."

Charles Barkley

haha

I don't think I want to know who Chuck talks to when he's on his knees at night.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Haha!

• "The only person who can guard Kobe Bryant is the person you talk to when u get on your knees at night."

Charles Barkley

haha

I don't think I want to know who Chuck talks to when he's on his knees at night.

Actually, it's merely Dwyane Wade.

Charles Barkley

haha

That may explain away the Urkel rumours.

Miami looks terrible + Atlanta looks hungry as fusk.

Anyone catch Webber gettin aggie' w/ Charles and Kenny?

He was sayin that Philly has a very good chance to beat Orlando. Kenny and them had Orlando in the second round already.

Webber wasnt seein that shit and lo and behold...BOOM.

Charles Barkley

haha

That may explain away the Urkel rumours.

I dont know who is Wade's Stylist but im not really feelin his newfound "Nerd/Professor/Klumps/Bently Farnsworth" Steez.

It doesnt fit his swagger/vibe IMO. It looks like he's wearing a costume.

Cool for not lookin like the regular ass Stacy Adams/Kevin Willis Southern Black Man steez but he's gotta tweak his style.

Miami looks terrible + Atlanta looks hungry as fusk.

Josh Smith may be the best kept secret in the NBA.

Horford > Noah

Bibby is an adequate PG that can hold things together.

Joe Johnson & Williams can score.

They're not deep but that starting 5 is stout.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I think Bibby's more than adequate. A journeyman with very good court vision and a nice shot.... that he doesn't overuse. Underrated quality there. Always liked him from the Sacramento days.

Miami looks awful. Atlanta looks hungry, but a little wild... the length of this series will be due to one or the other team misfiring depending on the night I think. Entertaining as hell so far, although I wish Miami would make a game of it.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

He was sayin that Philly has a very good chance to beat Orlando. Kenny and them had Orlando in the second round already.

Webber wasnt seein that shit and lo and behold...BOOM. [/quote

BOOM is right!!!
    shocked the hell outta me