THE NBA PLAYOFFS - '09!!!

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I think Bibby's more than adequate.

He's in that second tier of PG's.

I think Kidd is on the same level.

First tier would be Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Steve Nash, Baron Davis, Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups.

Derrick Rose is on his way.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    At this point in his career(Bibby), all he has to do is be a distributor and hit the open shot.
    Atlanta is lucky to have Joe Johnson who can facilitate leaving Bibby w/ less responsability. When he was in Sactown, he could shoot when he wanted to.

In terms of Depth. Flip Murray is cool off the bench as is that Zaza Pachulia cat.

At this point in his career(Bibby), all he has to do is be a distributor and hit the open shot.

Zactly

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Anyone catch Webber gettin aggie' w/ Charles and Kenny?

No, but he needs to be dumped immediately. Too many dudes on the panel. Webber doesn't add shit.

No, but he needs to be dumped immediately. Too many dudes on the panel. Webber doesn't add shit.

I disagree that he doesnt add shit.

Plus theyve had 4 dudes for years. Magic was once a "regular" guest. And then they add a dude who gets knocked out in the 1st round.

If u saw Webber's tirade tonight u wouldnt say that. Dude sonned the entire cast.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Webber is a great addition-- he's really gotten more comfortable on camera over the length of the season.

b/w

you know yuki doesn't actually watch these games, right? his basketball mind is beyond the actual broadcast.

New Orleans looks shook. They need a perimeter slasher/shooter. Paul/West isnt enuff.

Peja should be comin off the bench.

Plus theyve had 4 dudes for years. Magic was once a "regular" guest. And then they add a dude who gets knocked out in the 1st round.

If u saw Webber's tirade tonight u wouldnt say that. Dude sonned the entire cast.

What'd he say?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Rock,

Baron Davis with the Clippers is no longer in the first tier of point guards. He doesn't get along with his coach. Under achieves and got hurt again. He's back to that 2nd tier.

What'd he say?

Dude - check my previous posts above.

After this game they might run the footage when they look at the entire night.

• 4 Road Winners in two days.

Who is for Real, who is Fakin' the Funk?

Dallas - will win series
    Philly --- ????
    Houston -- I think the vets will take it
    Bulls -- How ill would this be??

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

you know yuki doesn't actually watch these games, right? his basketball mind is beyond the actual broadcast.

Just as a true basketball telepath can comment on a game by merely glancing at the box score, he can also assess the quality of the accompanying commentary without actually watching.

b/w

You know what retired player is killing it with the commentary? Gary Payton...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Rich - I wasn't trying to say Bibby's top tier or anything, just that he's a bit better than "merely competent" or whatever.

Man, the Hornets looked outclassed last night. Hope they can make a series of it...

b/w

Faux_Rillz got a new favorite player!

BIRDCALL

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

What'd he say?

GO SIXERS!

I don't get what C Webb is getting worked up about...Although I do see the average joe appeal.

Although I do see the average joe appeal.

Hilarious... so do you watch a separate broadcast, with commentary by Sufficiently Advanced Basketball Minds?

b/w

BIRDCALL

Strictly from a "style" standpoint, I don't believe he is.

Although I do see the average joe appeal.

Hilarious... so do you watch a separate broadcast, with commentary by Sufficiently Advanced Basketball Minds?

I turn it on when it need be.

So he's rooting for the underdog and ragging on Orlando cuz they shoot too many threes and don't feed Howard the ball? Orlando is known to shoot threes, and they've won more consistently than Philly. So how can you get mad at Kenny for putting the Magic as the dominant winner in the series? They've beat Cleveland twice too.

b/w

BIRDCALL

Please

I am emphaticallly not into "hustle players," "energy guys" and "fan favorites".

That's more GP's speed.

Man, the Hornets looked outclassed last night. Hope they can make a series of it...

CP-3 is good, but when you have ONE guy making 75% of the plays, that ain't gonna win you games. The Hornets' offense is one-dimensional. Reminds me too much of when Lebron was holding the ball 10 seconds too long in the offense or when Kobe's shot (good or bad) was the best offense for the Lakers.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts

What'd he say?

GO SIXERS!

if you want to test anyones gangsta its the GLOVE on nba tv. with ahmad hosting this is straight comedy in the worst way. ahmad constantly forgets lines, loses train of thought. awesomeness . scintilating!!

b/w

BIRDCALL

Please

I am emphaticallly not into "hustle players," "energy guys" and "fan favorites".

That's more GP's speed.

Who is your favorite caucasoid player in the NBA??

• b/w

BIRDCALL

Please

That's more GP's speed.

Thank you for the Assist. I had been meaning to make a post about how much of a fan of BIRDMAN'S I am.

• The tattoos are egregious. I am more of a fan of his blocked shots and copious drug use.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    b/w

BIRDCALL

Please

That's more GP's speed.

Thank you for the Assist. I had been meaning to make a post about how much of a fan of BIRDMAN'S I am.

I'm glad he pulled himself together after his 2 year suspension.

He has the chinese character for "good" aka "hao" on his left forearm. Hm.

The Birdman's story is made for TV movie ish......and that is all BEFORE he picked up a basketball.

So he's rooting for the underdog and ragging on Orlando cuz they shoot too many threes and don't feed Howard the ball? Orlando is known to shoot threes, and they've won more consistently than Philly. So how can you get mad at Kenny for putting the Magic as the dominant winner in the series? They've beat Cleveland twice too.

Wait for it.......

I think its coming up.......

THE REGULAR SEASON DONT MEAN SHIT!!!

Who is your favorite caucasoid player in the NBA??

Steve Nash