THE NBA PLAYOFFS - '09!!!

Comments

• there's this widely held belief that he's just gonna explode NEXT season.

No there isn't.

Haha. Thank you. I didn't even really know how to address that left-field statement.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    You said he has 6 more years left. That's what I meant.

I didn't know JET was older than Dirk... he plays younger!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm actually trying to not talk out of my ass here, and WhiteTea's right - the comparison to McGrady isn't really fair to Dirk precisely because Dirk doesn't "shut down"... but McGrady is/was talented as F*ck.

That said, I feel your pain - here you have a good player who is not going to win you rings. I haven't seen too many Mavs games this season but the ones I have seen it was all about JET. That's who I'd keep. What do you do? Suffer the next 6 years and put Dirk peacefully out to pasture? Deal him while he's still got some juice? I say the latter. It hurts, but it must be done.

Paul Pierce was nothing one season and a champ the next.....give the Mav's(or ANY team) KG and Ray Allen and they will contend.

6 years from now, will the Mavs have rings??

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Or trade The Jet and Howard and get something back to compliment Dork in the Post.

Trade Howard and Kidd. Keep Jet, he opens up the floor. Dallas needs a true big man and a coach that can handle all these big names.

• Hey.
    I have spent this season watching the NBA for really the first time with anything beyond very casual intrest.
    As a Louisianian, I've been watching the HORNETS.
    Spent most of the season trying to learn the game, rules, plays.
    Shit is rad. Best sport to watch evar.
    Anyway, I would like to hear some opinions of my team. As a newbie, I have none.

Byron Scott- What's his deal? Dude always just looks bemused.
    CP3- The future? Just really good? Will he stay?
    Peja- Dude looks old and slow lately. How long can you go in the NBA and be viable?

I mean, I luv 'em, but my BBall knowledge is tiny.
    You guys sound like some serious NBA dudes, so please drop knowledge.
    KTHXBI

I'm actually trying to not talk out of my ass here, and WhiteTea's right - the comparison to McGrady isn't really fair to Dirk precisely because Dirk doesn't "shut down"... but McGrady is/was talented as F*ck.

That said, I feel your pain - here you have a good player who is not going to win you rings. I haven't seen too many Mavs games this season but the ones I have seen it was all about JET. That's who I'd keep. What do you do? Suffer the next 6 years and put Dirk peacefully out to pasture? Deal him while he's still got some juice? I say the latter. It hurts, but it must be done.

Paul Pierce was nothing one season and a champ the next.....give the Mav's(or ANY team) KG and Ray Allen and they will contend.

haha. Now that's the truth.

there's this widely held belief that he's just gonna explode NEXT season.

No there isn't.

Haha. Thank you. I didn't even really know how to address that left-field statement.

No Mav's fan I know thinks this......Dirk is the ONLY thing that has been consistant on this team.....wanna talk about the Mav's problems....Erika Dampier couldn't start in the WNBA....Josh Howard is a schizophrenic knucklehead......Jason Kidd is a few years too old and a few steps slow to keep up with the DWades and CPauls of the league...... Dirk is the ONLY reliable, consistant starter on this team.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Jet comes off the bench

• 6 years from now, will the Mavs have rings??

I wouldn't put a high percentage on it but I kinda already conceded that point above. Windows closing = painfully funny cos it's true?

We can dead the Mavs convo though.

Batman did have a small point there.

Heat / Hawks?? Go ATL. I hate the Heat. Hawks would be the 2nd team I'd most like to see emerge from the East. Of course I root for King James.

Hey.
    I have spent this season watching the NBA for really the first time with anything beyond very casual intrest.
    Anyway, I would like to hear some opinions of my team. As a newbie, I have none.

Peja- Dude looks old and slow lately. How long can you go in the NBA and be viable?

KTHXBI

OK...The talk in Dallas is that the Hornets are in financial trouble and Cuban is ready to swoop down and take advantage.....don't be shocked if Chris Paul & Tyson Chandler are here in Big D next year with the big Dork.

CP3

Mark Jackson (the commentator) needs to stfu with two things he says consistently, "Mama there goes that man!" and "Chris Paul, best PG in the league". For the record, not hating on Mark Jackson the player, cuz he was good.

I'm not a serious NBA dude. I just like talking shit.

• Yeah, the local TV announcers talked about that rumor last game.
    CP3 has 2 more years on his contract.
    The rumor was first posted by a BLOGGER with absolutely NO
    inside knowledge at all.
    CP3 and George Shinn actually lauged out loud when asked about it.
    You can have Chandler, though. He's finished w/ the ankle.

Anyway, whaddya think about my team?

N.O. has some nice talent, but I think they're still in search of a team identity. I mean, when Chandler was running the court catching lobs from Paul, it was all good. That was their thing. They've definitely lost steam since last season. I might also add that they could probably use a few more "basketball minds". They got nice instinctual players, but you need a right mix of instincts and smarts to win ball games, imo.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    sixers will not fair well
    winning one game will be a miracle

• sixers will not fair well
    winning one game will be a miracle

quit naysaying!

sixers are going to make it to the second round.

I think that by you and Faux jerking each other off to photos of AI behind the counter at Good Records does actually qualify you as a "serious NBA dude".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Hey.

KTHXBI

OK...The talk in Dallas is that the Hornets are in financial trouble and Cuban is ready to swoop down and take advantage.....don't be shocked if Chris Paul & Tyson Chandler are here in Big D next year with the big Dork.

LOL

Wishful local talk radio yapping

Hey.

KTHXBI

LOL

Wishful local talk radio yapping

Along with the Renaldo Balkman free agent signing rumors.

I think that by you and Faux jerking each other off to photos of AI behind the counter at Good Records does actually qualify you as a "serious NBA dude".

We're not jerking each other off - we're talking about PRACTICE.

• N.O. has some nice talent, but I think they're still in search of a team identity. I mean, when Chandler was running the court catching lobs from Paul, it was all good. That was their thing. They've definitely lost steam since last season. I might also add that they could probably use a few more "basketball minds". They got nice instinctual players, but you need a right mix of instincts and smarts to win ball games, imo.

Thanks Y-Bot.
    Examples of "instinctual" minded Hornets please.
    What about D-West? Instinct or Mind?
    Some Sacto dude needs to school me on Peja.
    Wha happened to my boy this year?

Damn, these little Texas 'tarts sure do get emotional

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    So THAT'S tha RAEL SCHITT AI was talmbout

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    N.O. has some nice talent, but I think they're still in search of a team identity. I mean, when Chandler was running the court catching lobs from Paul, it was all good. That was their thing. They've definitely lost steam since last season. I might also add that they could probably use a few more "basketball minds". They got nice instinctual players, but you need a right mix of instincts and smarts to win ball games, imo.

LOL
    "identity"
    "basketball minds"
    LOL

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    there's this widely held belief that he's just gonna explode NEXT season.

No there isn't.

actually, it is a widely held belief, a la "my best is yet to come" in the previously mentioned commercial.
    we on soulstrut are in the minority when we say dork ain't and wont do much more than he's already done.

LOL
    "identity"
    "basketball minds"
    LOL

I think our dude is saying that the various injuries and morale-sapping attempts to trade away one of their most important players could have been overcome had they just had a dude like Yuki on the team.

• N.O. has some nice talent, but I think they're still in search of a team identity. I mean, when Chandler was running the court catching lobs from Paul, it was all good. That was their thing. They've definitely lost steam since last season. I might also add that they could probably use a few more "basketball minds". They got nice instinctual players, but you need a right mix of instincts and smarts to win ball games, imo.

LOL
    "identity"
    "basketball minds"
    LOL

Well, I didn't want to say it, but yeah.

Aren't you just supposed to play D and sink shots?

Maybe it gets deeper. Schooleth please.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I give Philly a real chance. Orlando is entering the Playoffs kinda banged up.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    i hope so, but we got nothing to match howard