Barack wins

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
edit reason: YOU SPELLED "BARACK" wrong and it has been driving me crazy for 48 hours. hi.

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

I just announced my support for Obama in the other thread.

• the post victory commenarry on CNN is lulz. They keep trying to pigeon hole dude as some GREAT BLACK HOPE. Dude won because he??s a better canidate that actually avoids the race card.

the post victory commenarry on CNN is lulz. They keep trying to pigeon hole dude as some GREAT BLACK HOPE. Dude won because he??s a better canidate that actually avoids the race card.

Thats wack. They are trying to marginalize him the way they did Dean.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

That's a hell of a photo.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    the post victory commenarry on CNN is lulz. They keep trying to pigeon hole dude as some GREAT BLACK HOPE. Dude won because he??s a better canidate that actually avoids the race card.

Thats wack. They are trying to marginalize him the way they did Dean.

Dean marginalized himself....all the media did was play his clip a few billion times.

• Jack Cafferty just said

??Barrack just won in a state where the only place whiter is the North Pole??

OOOOOH!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Jack Cafferty just said

OOOOOH!

Apparently, he's never been to parts of Indiana. Point taken, though.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Jack Cafferty just said

OOOOOH!

There are parts of Indiana and Ohio that are more redneck than ANYPLACE in Texas.

• That's a hell of a photo.

he??s giving major caucus to some campaign groupies tonite, four shoooooooooooooooooooe

• Jack Cafferty just said

OOOOOH!

There are parts of Indiana and Ohio that are more redneck than ANYPLACE in Texas.

My sister went to college at IU in Bloomington and said that a nearby town was a MAJOR KKK stronghold.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Jack Cafferty just said

OOOOOH!

My sister went to college at IU in Bloomington and said that a nearby town was a MAJOR KKK stronghold.

'Tis true, 'tis true.

But what's this about OBAMA?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

• LULZ!

i??m watch Huckabee??s acceptance speach. And he??s got the chick from Blondie and Chuck Norris to his left and right.

LULZ!

i??m watch Huckabee??s acceptance speach. And he??s got the chick from Blondie and Chuck Norris to his left and right.

And a guy with a giant head behind them.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    the chick from Blondie

2 things....

1: WTF????

2: and saying "chick from blondie" is like saying "that dead blond hair dude from nirvana" or "that white rapper dude from D12". but for real, if Debbie Harry is a Huckabee supporter i am really gonna have to rethink my admiration for that chick.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

keeping it RR:

the background music leading up to Obama's victory speech was "move on up."

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

Not that I've been following the race closely, but I am a little surprised Obama took this... Don't mean it in a bad way - but c'mon, chris c'mon, chris... c'mon!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    JEAH! This is some of the best political news I've heard in awhile. I hope he can keep it up.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i would like to point out that i was one of the few who believed back in the day

• i would like to point out that i was one of the few who believed back in the day

Same here.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Not that I've been following the race closely

It's only the race that culminates in the selection of the ruler of the free world.

• just watched obama's speech...damn! "calloused hand by calloused hand" pretty inspiring! great speaker. he hit on a lot of the right buttons to get people fired up and believing in him. looked very presidential.

plus (beat diggers take notice) DAvid axelrod is his campaign manager!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    just watched obama's speech...damn! "calloused hand by calloused hand" pretty inspiring! great speaker. he hit on a lot of the right buttons to get people fired up and believing in him. looked very presidential.

plus (beat diggers take notice) DAvid axelrod is his campaign manager!

He may have Axelrod, but Huckabee had Chuck Norris behind him...

...anyone else catch that?

If that's old news I apologize (Canadian).

• great speaker indeed, I'm happy that he won decisively and hope that he has continued success this month.

he??s got the chick from Blondie and Chuck Norris to his left and right.

I think that was Chuck's wife, not Debbie Harry

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    He may have Axelrod

I sincerely hope that you sweaty collectors don't actually believe...

but Huckabee had Chuck Norris behind him...

But Obama had his wife's ass behind him. Man, was that dress tight (sorry for the objectification, ladies of SS - but my girl was the one to point that out to me tonight).

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

But Obama had his wife's ass behind him.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

But Obama had his wife's ass behind him.

...pun intended.

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    I talked to my little sister on the phone a few hours ago. She is campaigning for Obama in New Hampshire right now. She said that spirits are pretty high amongst the campaigners (obviously) and that she has no reason to believe there won't be a repeat in a few days. Apparently the response in NH has been pretty overwhelming. No empirical data by any stretch of the imagination, but it was nice to hear her so enthusiastic about she and her friends' experiences.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I'm happy for him. I know around 50% of the board ain't feeling that, but still. Major victory when you know that
    Barrack just won in a state where the only place whiter is the North Pole.

With that said, i'm getting a lil scared right now...Maybe it's because i'm a foreigner and i've been traumatized ith events like JFK and such highlights. I'ma bit familiar with lobbying. Dude did his job. And very well apparently. But now i'm getting scared. As in "does-America-really-wants-Obama-to-represent-the-country" scared first, and as in "are-the-old-demons-forever-burried?" scared? I know 2008 is not 1963. But what happened once can happen twice. I understand that my worriesmay be exagerated, but again, trauma is a bitch...Prove me i'm wrong...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I'm happy for him. I know around 50% of the board ain't feeling that, but still.

where did you get 50%? ugh, plaese stop making assumptions.