Barack wins

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I caucused tonight and there were about 450 people that showed up to the precinct I vote in at our caucus location. After all 450 ish people divided up to support their candidates, Obama had around 260 people out of the 450 supporting him. Crazy to see. I expected there to be a somewhat comparable amount of people in support for Hilary. Edwards did better than Hilary at our precinct which I was happy for.

• All I can say is my Nebraskan father-in-law, guilty of rather tasteless assertions based on race/ethnicity in the past, was talking about voting Obama.
    Gotta say I'm

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'm happy for him. I know around 50% of the board ain't feeling that, but still.

where did you get 50%? ugh, plaese stop making assumptions.

Exactly. But I think that he's trying to out half of us as racists. Ho-effing-hum.

Look, Izzie: I'm from Chicago, Illinois. Virtually the entire city is bonkers for him. I'm caught up in it, too. He's the new Kells - and without all that creepy Pedophile aftertaste. No politician is perfect (see: his environmental plan re: coal), but I'm telling you: I'm proud to be a Chicagoan and the man has my vote.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Look luck...wifey is FROM Chi. I just come back from 1O days in Chi. I had to baptize my little girl and our family lives in Calumet Park. My church is on Southside (95th). I had ten days to talk about it. I didn't get the chance to talk about it with white people, as i didn't get to meet one white dude during my trip. But in my family, he already was the star. At the barbershop, he was the star. At church, he as the star next to Jesus...So i saw it coming. Since i don't kno Iowa, i really had no clue he could win over there. That's what leads my question above...Wifey is member of DemAbroad. She voted Obama. So we're happy too.

PS : edith, you got to chill. Assumptions are funny too. Don't be one-sided and accept assumptions only when they make you laugh. This assumption was made regardless to the last voting result. Al Gore almost won. It was almost a 50/50 thing between Dems and Reps. So i assume the political map of the country is quiet the same as what it was years ago. Since most people in this thread are american, i assumed that the political map is to be applied to Soulstrut. No if you tell me (kindly) that Soulstrut is more of a Democrats hut than a Republican gathering, i will believe your words. I guess i've been hurt so many times by racist vents, conservatives views and condescending opinions that i'm a bit delusional. Sorry for that.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    obama is that dude
    and
    his wife's ass is huge!!

while j edgar hoover the racist and transvestite
    is long dead .....
    amerikkka at its utmost core is still run by that wasp thang/cabal.

if elected on the real.... will obama be shot like ,MLK,JFK,RFK?
    he is not really part of "the club"[oil,pharmacuticals,defense,illicit grey market[coke /heroin]
    will they buy him off? or kill him in a plane crash?

or will the spot go to fuckabee in a digital voting machine scam like last time and save all of that bloody assasination mess?

either way hillary is lame
    and thank the goddess that gulianni is no longer in the game

• either way hillary is lame
    and thank the goddess that gulianni is no longer in the game
    ghouliani is about to be back in it. he sat iowa out intentionally

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Its gonna be hard for Rudy to get back back in it, with such an obvious outpouring for Huckabee who is his polar oppposite (ie relatively populist, and religiously/socially conservative.)

Seeing Obama speak at the Democratic convention in '04 was really amazing, but every time I've seen him since, I've been underwhelmed. I also didnt think this was the year to be testing the limits of this country's racial tolerance, so from a purely pragmatic sense, I'm more of an Edwards guy. That said, this result obviously changes my thinking on "electability." And Barack's speech last night was some pretty powerful stuff, as opposed to Edward's sour grapes stump speech regurgitation. If I lived in NH, I would definitely be rethinking my choices today.

I'm just glad we're on our way to breaking down the Ron Paul lunatics....

• but Huckabee had Chuck Norris behind him...

has there ever been a more bizarre political endorsement?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The most striking thing to me about last night was the "O-BA-MA!!!" "O-BA-MA!!!" chant of supporters after his speech.

It was a serious trip to see and hear, essentially, a room full of white folks engaged in this strong, vocal, tribal tradition, reciting an African name.

Surreal indeed.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    the post victory commenarry on CNN is lulz. They keep trying to pigeon hole dude as some GREAT BLACK HOPE. Dude won because he??s a better canidate that actually avoids the race card.

Thats wack. They are trying to marginalize him the way they did Dean.

Dean marginalized himself....all the media did was play his clip a few billion times.

C'mon, do you really think that's a fair analysis? The clip the media played "a few billion times" was of such little substance or relevancy that the very fact that it was given such disproportionate play was evidence of marginalization. That is, unless you are one of the few Americans who has never publically expressed excitement or had their voice crack, but then, to my mind, that would put you on margins, not Dean.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

PS : edith, you got to chill. Assumptions are funny too. Don't be one-sided and accept assumptions only when they make you laugh.

huh? there's another tangential assumption. what does this even mean? i read that 3 times and it doesn't have anything to do with what i said and doesn't make sense. RIF, please. i was responding to your post and your assumption that "50% of the board doesn't like Obama" and it's absurd. you can read everyone's mind here and know what candidate they support? i was just saying stop oversimplifying and making these ridiculous assumptions about people on the board which was pretty obvious and then you come back with

"Don't be one-sided and accept assumptions only when they make you laugh."

sorry dude, just a major pet peeve of mine when people make huge exaggerations, assumptions, & go off on tangents, especially when talking about politics. that shit reminds me of high school. i am aware of course you obviously aren't the only one who does that here, but you definitely come off as one of the more

a high signal-to-noise ratio from focused strutters are the only thing that makes these types of threads bearable to read for me.

• one news program actually issued an on-air apology to Dean a week later. They showed the classic footage with Dean screaming like a nut. They explained that this was actually miced to just get Dean's voice. They then played the actual footage with overwhelming crowd noise all around him and his screaming didn't seem so crazy anymore, when heard in context.

one of the biggest untold stories of that campaign
    but the scream was better press

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    one news program actually issued an on-air apology to Dean a week later. They showed the classic footage with Dean screaming like a nut. They explained that this was actually miced to just get Dean's voice. They then played the actual footage with overwhelming crowd noise all around him and his screaming didn't seem so crazy anymore, when heard in context.

does anything ever happen without being the result of a conspiracy with you people? Doesnt it get tiring?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    one news program actually issued an on-air apology to Dean a week later. They showed the classic footage with Dean screaming like a nut. They explained that this was actually miced to just get Dean's voice. They then played the actual footage with overwhelming crowd noise all around him and his screaming didn't seem so crazy anymore, when heard in context.

does anything ever happen without being the result of a conspiracy with you people? Doesnt it get tiring?

mircophone editing issues aside. The fact that he lost support because of how he screamed is retarded.

how he screamed is retarded.

answered own question

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I think it's dope for all the support, 2 people have spelled Barack's name right.

• if elected on the real.... will obama be shot like ,MLK,JFK,RFK?
    he is not really part of "the club"[oil,pharmacuticals,defense,illicit grey market[coke /heroin]

Senator Obama is the second largest recipient of health industry payola after Hillary. He now takes more money from the people committed to stopping universal health care than any of the Republican candidates.

Just sayin...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    All I can say is my Nebraskan father-in-law, guilty of rather tasteless assertions based on race/ethnicity in the past, was talking about voting Obama.
    Gotta say I'm

Sayin'. My wife's uncle Howie, your typical chauvinist/racist (but won't admit it)/conservative is talking positive about Obama. This could get real interesting.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Senator Obama is the second largest recipient of health industry payola after Hillary. He now takes more money from the people committed to stopping universal health care than any of the Republican candidates.

Just sayin...

They know how to cover their bets and back a winner. Only one candidate is a threat to them, and he asked his supporters to give their second vote to Obama.

• if elected on the real.... will obama be shot like ,MLK,JFK,RFK?

Just sayin...

They know how to cover their bets and back a winner. Only one candidate is a threat to them, and he asked his supporters to give their second vote to Obama.

Enlighten me.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

Enlighten me.

his wife is blappable and his policies would never work.

1 guess....

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

answered own question

you even undid the italics, jeeze.

The #1 reason I support Obama over Richardson and Kusinich and Edwards is I think her is more electable.

The #1 reason I support Obama over Clinton and Edwards is because I think he is more unifying. Shown last night by the number of independants and Republicans who voted for him.

Why unifying important. The war profitering that is going on now needs to be stopped. Those involved need to be investigated and charged. I'm talking about no bid contracts out of the VP's office. I'm talking about billions of unaccounted for dollars. I'm talking about companys that got paid to rebuild schools and infrustructor that was never rebuilt.

America must stop torturing and disappearing people. Full Stop. Those who ok'd and participated in this practice need to be brought to justice.

If Clinton were to try to investigate those things it would be seen as purley partisan. Obama would have a better chance of standing above the fray and seeing that it gets done.

#2 reason for supporting Obama. The rest of the world is gonna love the dude. Never before has America been so hated and marginalized on the world stage. I'm sure Clinton or Richardson or McCain could restore I standing with world leaders. Only Obama will restore our standing with the people of the world.

(emphasis omitted)

Just sayin...

Enlighten me.

Kusinich is the only candidate who is calling for single payer health care. SPHC is the only fix for the health crisis and would mean the end of out of control profits for the health industry.

Obama, like nearly every other candidate to the left of Ron Paul and the right of Kusinich is calling for "accessable and affordable health care for everyone". This will be a great for the health industry and disastorous for the rest of us.

The threat of Obama being assinated is very real. It did not end at JFK MLK RFK. Just recently John John, Ron Brown and Paul Wellstone have been murdered. I'm not talking about lizard people. I'm talking about the same people who stole the last 2 elections. Those people who tried to make an Imperial President out of Nixon and worked to get back in with W. W who's dad was head of the CIA. No wild conspiracy, straight forward murder for power.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The threat of Obama being assinated is very real. It did not end at JFK MLK RFK. Just recently John John, Ron Brown and Paul Wellstone have been murdered. I'm not talking about lizard people. I'm talking about the same people who stole the last 2 elections. Those people who tried to make an Imperial President out of Nixon and worked to get back in with W. W who's dad was head of the CIA. No wild conspiracy, straight forward murder for power.

Although Ron Brown was murdered on Bill Clinton's watch...as have far too many of Bill Clinton's close business associates over the years.

• The #1 reason I support Obama over Richardson and Kusinich and Edwards is I think her is more electable.

The #1 reason I support Obama over Clinton and Edwards is because I think he is more unifying. Shown last night by the number of independants and Republicans who voted for him.

Why unifying important. The war profitering that is going on now needs to be stopped. Those involved need to be investigated and charged. I'm talking about no bid contracts out of the VP's office. I'm talking about billions of unaccounted for dollars. I'm talking about companys that got paid to rebuild schools and infrustructor that was never rebuilt.

America must stop torturing and disappearing people. Full Stop. Those who ok'd and participated in this practice need to be brought to justice.

If Clinton were to try to investigate those things it would be seen as purley partisan. Obama would have a better chance of standing above the fray and seeing that it gets done.

#2 reason for supporting Obama. The rest of the world is gonna love the dude. Never before has America been so hated and marginalized on the world stage. I'm sure Clinton or Richardson or McCain could restore I standing with world leaders. Only Obama will restore our standing with the people of the world.

Totally agree with you on #2.

The 2 reasons I'm going to caucus for Edwards on the 19th.

1 - Edwards is still the only front-runner who will pull out all the troops and do it as quickly as possible.

2 - Edwards is the only one of the three front-runners who has a universal health care plan that will lead to the single-payer kind all other civilized countries have. His plan doesn't go as fast as I would like, but he is the only one who has correctly pointed out that the health insurance companies are the enemy and should not have a seat at the table.

BONUS TRACK - he makes statements like this - "I absolutely believe to my soul that this corporate greed and corporate power has an ironclad hold on our democracy."

I really like Senator Obama and really wrestled between the two for a long time, but as a son of a extremely ill man with no health insurance, the Health Care issue is a major factor in my decision.

First off, the guy has won a single primary and you have already indicted a whole, completely unrelated, swathe of the country for his assasination. I mean, not only is this a morbid and irrational speculation, its pure race baiting. Would you ask the same question about Hillary, or Edwards? No. You think that everyone would just go homicidal if an African American were elected? Its a disgusting and pathetic assumption.

ill retract the personal comment.

• IOWA CAUCUSES = DUMBEST SCHITT EVAR.

DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE.