NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Are you versed in players' names from beyond the last 5 years or so?

MOSES MALONE IS NOT A TRUE CENTER. 6'10", 230. Therefore he does not make the list. Shaq would run through most all of those centers listed above.

TO MAKE THE LIST OF GOAT CENTERS, YOU NEED TO BE 7 FOOT OR TALLER. NOBODY CARES ABOUT CAREER NUMBERS, ONLY HEIGHT. SHAWN BRADLEY IS NUMBER FOUR.

continue to drop that science, little yuki.

You put up any power forward against a center, and you'll see what happens. Look what happened to STAT vs Bynum. The fuck outta here.
    BYNUM IS NUMBER TWO ON THE LIST. EVERYTHING I SAY IS IMPORTANT.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yuch, Hakeem at the tail-end of his career worked the fuck out of a young-buck Shaq in the Finals.

YOUNG-BUCK SHAQ.

MOSES MALONE IS NOT A TRUE CENTER. 6'10", 230. Therefore he does not make the list. Shaq would run through most all of those centers listed above.

TO MAKE THE LIST OF GOAT CENTERS, YOU NEED TO BE 7 FOOT OR TALLER. NOBODY CARES ABOUT CAREER NUMBERS, ONLY HEIGHT. SHAWN BRADLEY IS NUMBER FOUR.

continue to drop that science, little yuki.

You put up any power forward against a center, and you'll see what happens. Look what happened to STAT vs Bynum. The fuck outta here.
    BYNUM IS NUMBER TWO ON THE LIST. EVERYTHING I SAY IS IMPORTANT.

Bynum makes Stoudamire look like a child.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I won't dispute Ewing's status as a 1st-time HOFer, but there is a clear distinction between Olajuwon and Ewing in my mind.

No doubt but there is no way in hell he gets in on the same ballot as The Dream.

That's just silliness.

• Ewing an Olajuwon are definitely same level in my book.
    I loved watching them battle through the nineties and never thought that one of them dominated the other.

This is the dummest shit ive read herr at SS.

you must not be reading the same threads as me

Yuch, Hakeem at the tail-end of his career worked the fuck out of a young-buck Shaq in the Finals.

YOUNG-BUCK SHAQ.

Wasnt Shaq a Top 50 while in Orlando?

Ewing an Olajuwon are definitely same level in my book.
    I loved watching them battle through the nineties and never thought that one of them dominated the other.

you must not be WATCHING THE SAME 94 FINALS as me

YOUNG-BUCK SHAQ.

He was. And I'm pretty sure the NBA committee has watched a couple games.

• Hey, let's let Bynum play a full season of being decent before we get that bust bronzed, why don't we?

And anyway, they no longer play the same position (Bynum and Stat). ZING.

YOUNG-BUCK SHAQ.

But ur making it sound like Shaq wasnt relevant until the Lakers?

• And anyway, they no longer play the same position (Bynum and Stat). ZING.

I AM SAYING!

STOUDAMIRE IS NOT A CENTER!

STRIKE HIM FROM THIS DISCUSSION!

• Rough guess at an NBA all time 10, regardless of position:

Jordo
    Wilt
    Jerry West
    Larry Bird
    Magic Johnson
    Bill Russell
    Julius Erving
    Jabbar or Olajuwon (tough call)
    Duncan
    ?????

I'd say Kobe's destined to shake-up that list.

kobe has already had a better career than dr. j. if you are going old school, maybe oscar robertson instead of jerry west. duncan is great but might be a little premature to put him up there.

YOUNG-BUCK SHAQ.

I mean, let's be real. Shaq's prime was clearly with the Lakers. It doesn't make much sense to compare an experienced vet against a rookie with raw, but far from polished skillz.

And for the record, Olajuwon did son O'neal in those games.

• Rough guess at an NBA all time 10, regardless of position:

Jordo
    Wilt
    Jerry West
    Larry Bird
    Magic Johnson
    Bill Russell
    Julius Erving
    Jabbar or Olajuwon (tough call)
    Duncan
    ?????

I'd say Kobe's destined to shake-up that list.

kobe has already had a better career than dr. j. if you are going old school, maybe oscar robertson instead of jerry west. duncan is great but might be a little premature to put him up there.

Dr. J gets a lot of credit for the ABA gap bridged and incorporating a lot of what came to be modern flourish.

Jerry West is the Logo, man. Probably the greatest 3 ever.

Charles BArkley says TD is the greatest PF of all time. Shit, that's good enough for me. Dude has the rings to prove it, all-defensive honors, etc. It is by no means premature to put him in there.

Oscar Robertson was my top candidate for the spot I had not filled.

YOUNG-BUCK SHAQ.

I mean, let's be real. Shaq's prime was clearly with the Lakers. It doesn't make much sense to compare an experienced vet against a rookie with raw, but far from polished skillz.

He took Orlando to the Finals.

YOUNG-BUCK SHAQ.

Not taking ANYTHING away from Olajuwon.

And for the record, Olajuwon did son O'neal in those games.

He makes my top 5 centers.

• He took Orlando to the Finals.

That was a good team though. Penny/NickAnder/DenScott/HoGrant/Shaq.

AND THEY GOT WORKED. That series was over after game 1.

I had at least the first Shaq cd back in the day. It always cracked me up on his shout-outs "NICK ANDER/WHERE YA AT?!?".

Just curious, how many of yall were watching Moses Malone, Oscar Robertson, heck even Karl Malone in their prime?

• Ewing an Olajuwon are definitely same level in my book.

you must not be WATCHING THE SAME 94 FINALS as me

I am and have long been a committed Patrick Ewing fan. I will always believe that but for about 17 errant John Starks chucks in game six of those NBA finals we would be having a totally different conversation right now. (note: it is not easy being a "committed Patrick Ewing fan." I have grown a very thick skin.)

That was a good team though. Penny/NickAnder/DenScott/HoGrant/Shaq.

AND THEY GOT WORKED. That series was over after game 1.

I had at least the first Shaq cd back in the day. It always cracked me up on his shout-outs "NICK ANDER/WHERE YA AT?!?".

Da-mn, you're taking me back. Nick Anderson, Dennis Scott (who held the single game 3 point record for a minute), Horace Grant....hell yea.

• Just curious, how many of yall were watching Moses Malone, Oscar Robertson, heck even Karl Malone in their prime?

The Big O - never

Moses - end of his career

Karl Malone - whole career

That's why I'm hoping Rock will drop his top 10 NBAers....he's seen a bit more obviously. George Mikan and shit.

Damn, thanks to yall, I haven't done a damn thing today (at the office). Mawfuckas please. My memory is bad, the only thing I remember of John Starks is him putting a facial on Mike and the Bulls on the baseline. I think it's safe to say that with that one play, MJ's career was finished.

Just curious, how many of yall were watching Moses Malone, Oscar Robertson, heck even Karl Malone in their prime?

The Big O - never

Moses - end of his career

Karl Malone - whole career

That's why I'm hoping Rock will drop his top 10 NBAers....he's seen a bit more obviously. George Mikan and shit.

Yea true, rumor has it that Rich was among the first to put up peach baskets in his backyard.

• I am and have long been a committed Patrick Ewing fan. I will always believe that but for about 17 errant John Starks chucks in game six of those NBA finals we would be having a totally different conversation right now. (note: it is not easy being a "committed Patrick Ewing fan." I have grown a very thick skin.)

Being a Ewing fan is probably only slightly less hard than being a Dirk fan.

Trivia: which completely non-NBA related film did Ewing cameo in, as an angel?

I am and have long been a committed Patrick Ewing fan. I will always believe that but for about 17 errant John Starks chucks in game six of those NBA finals we would be having a totally different conversation right now. (note: it is not easy being a "committed Patrick Ewing fan." I have grown a very thick skin.)

I need a hint. Did it have anything to do with Whoopi Goldberg?

• I am and have long been a committed Patrick Ewing fan. I will always believe that but for about 17 errant John Starks chucks in game six of those NBA finals we would be having a totally different conversation right now. (note: it is not easy being a "committed Patrick Ewing fan." I have grown a very thick skin.)

Exorcist III

Exorcist III

Something tells me Dirk will have a better film career than Ewing. He will totally be an extra in the remake of "Gimme Shelter."

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Wilt/Russell/Kareem/Hakeem/Shaq = Top 5 Centers

Any way you slice it....... and yes...... I know players from beyond the last 5 years.

All you little dudes can argue til you're blue in the face....but that is the truth.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Never saw Mikan.....top 10 retired players of all-time in no particular order.............

Jordan
    Magic
    Bird
    Russell
    Wilt
    Big O
    Kareem
    West
    Moses
    Dr. J

Close but no cigar...

Cousy
    Baylor
    Maravich

Best NBA player not in the league's Top 50

Connie Hawkins

• Just curious, how many of yall were watching Moses Malone, Oscar Robertson, heck even Karl Malone in their prime?