NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• That's why I'm hoping Rock will drop his top 10 NBAers....he's seen a bit more obviously. George Mikan and shit.

Never saw Mikan.....top 10 retired players of all-time in no particular order.............

Jordan
    Magic
    Bird
    Russell
    Wilt
    Big O
    Kareem
    West
    Moses
    Dr. J

Close but no cigar...

Cousy
    Baylor
    Maravich

Best NBA player not in the league's Top 50

Connie Hawkins

can't argue with any of this

• and BTW... yuichi's boy Kobe Bean WILL be in that top ten before he's done... maybe top 5

• That's why I'm hoping Rock will drop his top 10 NBAers....he's seen a bit more obviously. George Mikan and shit.

Never saw Mikan.....top 10 retired players of all-time in no particular order.............

Jordan
    Magic
    Bird
    Russell
    Wilt
    Big O
    Kareem
    West
    Moses
    Dr. J

Close but no cigar...

Cousy
    Baylor
    Maravich

Best NBA player not in the league's Top 50

Connie Hawkins

Right on. I wasn't that far off. Almost mentioned Cousy and I believe Baylor was the power forward I couldn't recall.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    and BTW... yuichi's boy Kobe Bean WILL be in that top ten before he's done... maybe top 5

This is exactly why I said "retired players".

• and BTW... yuichi's boy Kobe Bean WILL be in that top ten before he's done... maybe top 5

but who would he replace? I can't really see him knocking any of those guys off.

and BTW... yuichi's boy Kobe Bean WILL be in that top ten before he's done... maybe top 5

but who would he replace? I can't really see him knocking any of those guys off.

I hate to admit it....but probably Jerry West.

I hate to admit it....but probably Jerry West.

I don't think that West would appreciate the irony. Wasn't he responsible for the trade to get Kobe right after he was drafted?

• the miami heat on tnt again!?!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    So glad the Bulls made a trade, honestly don't even care who it was for at this point. Gooden and Hughes don't have any expectations as far as minutes go, so the Bulls should give all the young boys as much time as possible for the rest of the year. Now, if we can only get a coach.

Does this trade change Cleveland's chances? I don't really think so; still maybe third of fourth best in the conference.

• So glad the Bulls made a trade, honestly don't even care who it was for at this point. Gooden and Hughes don't have any expectations as far as minutes go, so the Bulls should give all the young boys as much time as possible for the rest of the year. Now, if we can only get a coach.

Does this trade change Cleveland's chances? I don't really think so; still maybe third of fourth best in the conference.

personally i don't think the trade does cleveland any good. apart from lebron they struggle offensively, and they gave up 2 of their better scoring options in the deal. did they pick up b. wallace just to back up ilgauskus? z is almost careering this season, and i doubt they'd play them both at the same time. sczerbiackzdxkck, meanwhile, has not been able to stay on any one team because he really is not that good, esp now that he has aged and can't keep up with quicker 2s and 3s on either end. delonte west, though, he might be a decent pickup at the point.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Bynum makes Stoudamire look like a child.

DON'T EVEN TRY TO TAKE IT THERE. The Big brother lil brother combo of Shaq and STAT are going to destroy your hopes of Bynum doing anything. Did you see them double block in the low post last night? Dude.

dude, just hope Gasol keeps doing his Matrix-like offensive swingman impersonation

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Feature article in ESPN mag is pretty dope. Jordan talks about how the game and its fans are always comparing its current players to ______ nba legend, and that it just ain't right. "Don't take guys and force them into our mold."

• So glad the Bulls made a trade, honestly don't even care who it was for at this point. Gooden and Hughes don't have any expectations as far as minutes go, so the Bulls should give all the young boys as much time as possible for the rest of the year. Now, if we can only get a coach.

personally i don't think the trade does cleveland any good. apart from lebron they struggle offensively, and they gave up 2 of their better scoring options in the deal. did they pick up b. wallace just to back up ilgauskus? z is almost careering this season, and i doubt they'd play them both at the same time. sczerbiackzdxkck, meanwhile, has not been able to stay on any one team because he really is not that good, esp now that he has aged and can't keep up with quicker 2s and 3s on either end. delonte west, though, he might be a decent pickup at the point.

I like the trade for the Cavs. never been a fan of Hughes, too inconsistent. The Cavs now have two good outside shooters in Gibson and Szcerbiak. They have a semblance of a PG now. Big Z and Wallace holdin' down the boards PLUS Varajeao still. And of course James. The puzzle pieces look better but there's no guarantee the chemistry will work. They improved their playoff chances as far as I'm concerned.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    MOSES MALONE IS NOT A TRUE CENTER. 6'10", 230. Therefore he does not make the list. Shaq would run through most all of those centers listed above.

I'd say Shaq is a top 5 center of all-time. Definitely over Malone.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    MOSES MALONE IS NOT A TRUE CENTER. 6'10", 230. Therefore he does not make the list. Shaq would run through most all of those centers listed above.

And did you know that Hakeem was really only 6'10". That Bill Russell was 6'9". I guess they're not "true centers" either.

Top 10 Lakers....in order

Magic
    Wilt
    Kobe
    West
    Elgin
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Worthy
    Mikan
    Coop/Goodrich

Okay, I was talking out of my ass, but Moses Malone in a head-to-head matchup, both in their primes. what happens?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Big Z
    Big Ben/Joe Smith
    LeBoring
    Wally World
    Booby/West

Not Bad. But I dont see why Ferry panicked.
    Didnt they know coming into the season that this team aint the real deal?
    Now w/ these panic trades what kind of space do they have to get somebody who can really compliment LeBoring in the offseason.

Bonzi Wells in that New Orleans starting Line-up is
    Byron Scott aint takin no shit from that cat.

Seattle = whatever. I think Nick Collison will benefit from this.

Chicago =

Center - Joakim Noah
    Power Forward - D.Gooden/T.Thomas?
    Small Forward - L.Deng
    Shooting Guard - B.Gordon/L.Hughes?
    Point Guard - Capt Kirk

Chicago has no legit Center. I guess Noah will blossom into that.
    I dont see the direction thier going.

1st haff progress report...

BATMON - Indiana Pacers....st8 doo w/ no hope around the bend

MVP - Carmelo Anthony.....oops

ROY - Corey Brewer........:p whatevs

Rings - Denver Nuggets.....I still ride

Dark Horse - San Antonio Spurs.......

Dont Sleep - New Orleans Hornets.....Bang

Overhyped - Chicago Bulls....doodoo

Whatever - LeBoring & Them......yawn

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

Trailblazers performing better than expected, though sliding into the All Star break was not a good look. I hope they can keep it together and remain in playoff contention. The Western Conference was always ridiculous, but with the talent that's been flowing in here lately via trade, it's just gotten dumb.

Go Blazers.

Trailblazers performing better than expected, though sliding into the All Star break was not a good look. I hope they can keep it together and remain in playoff contention. The Western Conference was always ridiculous, but with the talent that's been flowing in here lately via trade, it's just gotten dumb.

Go Blazers.

Im concerned for your Blazers. They have really lost a bunch of steam.

• 1st haff progress report...

Go Blazers.

At least NW Division opponents didn't make any big moves (except for Seattle trading away all their non-rookie talent). Its amazing how much the lack of James Jones seems to hurt the Blazers.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Its amazing how much the lack of James Jones seems to hurt the Blazers.

A guy who can drain 50 percent from three point range and play solid defense is a boon to any team. There are few such guys in the NBA, and Jones is one of them.

HE'LL BE BACK. And so will the Blazers.

Rockadelic - Mavs Still hoping

MVP - Amare Dude is gonna break out one of these days

ROY - Kevin Durant by default

Rings - Mavs

Dark Horse - Jazz Jerry Sloan is a sneaky SOB

Dont Sleep - Portland looked good for a while

Overhyped - Celtics / Yi Wrong on Celts

Whatever - Lakers/Knicks Gasol move proves me wrong

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    JimBeam - Liberated Fandom / Cop-out/and it's still working for me
    MVP - LeBoring/probably still happen

ROY - I can't bench 180/ doesn't deserve it, but will still happen

Rings - Phoenix / probably not. i don't see it happening. i predict a WCF loss

Dark Horse - Mr. Deng and the Overhyped Bulls / not even close

Dont Sleep - Bobcats/W's / dem cats beat boston, and never sleep on don nelson. although biedrins is out indefinitely with an appendectomy now

Overhyped - Seattle / definitely

Whatever - Deeeeeeeee-troit Basket-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawll / I still stand by this one

• Its amazing how much the lack of James Jones seems to hurt the Blazers.

A guy who can drain 50 percent from three point range and play solid defense is a boon to any team. There are few such guys in the NBA, and Jones is one of them.

HE'LL BE BACK. And so will the Blazers.

Did you see Greg Oden's new look at the Seattle game?

Yuichi aka Basketball Scientist aka thug nasty - Los Angeles Lakers, possibly Chicago Bulls

MVP - The Canadian (almost by default); Kobe (if he goes East); KG (nuff said)

ROY - Kevin Durant

Rings - Mavs

Dark Horse - Utah Jazz

Dont Sleep - Toronto Raptors

Overhyped - Cleveland Cavaliers

Whatever - Los Angeles Lakers

Proving once again why predictions are useless.

Ay yo, Dallas at Phoenix tonight! 7:30pm.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Ay yo, Dallas Boston at Phoenix tonight! 7:30pm.