NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• I wonder what odds you'd get from Vegas for betting New Orleans to finish first in the West?

What a nightmare for J. Kidd's first game back as a Mav to come against Chris Paul and the red hot Hornets!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    GASOL OVER 2 SUNS!!! WUT.

BRYANT, BEST PLAYA IN DA WORLD. IF HE DOESN'T GET MOST VALUABLE PLAYA, THAT SHIT IS WRONG.

Shaq's best play of the game = knocking Bell upside the head.

Bell should have learned in first grade, keep your hands to yourself!

• Shaq's best play of the game = knocking Bell upside the head.

Bell should have learned in first grade, keep your hands to yourself!

this is a good game. I think K.O.B.E can handle his pinky injury.

Lakers = 131 points

Okay, now I need to dry my sweaty palms....That was quite possibly the most exciting regular season game thus far though.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    This was the first game with Shaq, trust me it's just better from here and Shaq played more minutes than expected. They were able to keep pace but the triangle with Gasol is deadly. It's clear that Phoenix is missing Marion, but that's okay.

Let's see it in 7.

trust me

Yall are lucky, Bynum is not back. You know how Bynum owns Stoudamire. Plaese to not fuck with this.

Yall are lucky, Bynum is not back. You know how Bynum owns Stoudamire. Plaese to not fuck with this.

The Suns still own the Lakers in the Western Conf. playoffs, good luck.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

D'antoni says, "I didn't think we would score that many points (124), that's the good side. The bad side is that we need to play better defense."

• Whatta game. It really did feel like a playoff game.

Whatta game. It really did feel like a playoff game.

YES....

I gotta give it to Shaq though. He really sounds like a veteran/grown man in that post-game press conference. Also, chemistry and style issues aside, he has a high basketball IQ. More than anything though, I think the energy level of the team has increased tremendously.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Um last I checked, yeah.

gawdammnn....the west playoffs is gonna be nuts.

Chris Paul...holy shit. This looks to be his break-out season.....wow. gotta watch more of him. Anybody been watching the Hornets? Legit contenders? What's the deal.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Um last I checked, yeah.

Pacific division champs! lol

That ain't nothing to be proud of, considering Phoenix almost lost that series, against a weak Lakers squad.

• gawdammnn....the west playoffs is gonna be nuts.

Chris Paul...holy shit. This looks to be his break-out season.....wow. gotta watch more of him. Anybody been watching the Hornets? Legit contenders? What's the deal.

Yeah. The playoffs should be great this year.

Chris Paul is the man. The Hornets are my team. I wish I was able to see them more on TV, but they never get any airplay. It will be good to finally see them do so, once they reach the playoffs. If they make a good run in the playoffs, which I think they have a shot of doing, more airplay might be granted to them next season.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    speaking of playoff like games

i'm going to bed. all that screaming at the television wore me out.

• Man the west is crazy!!can't wait to see more Chris paul,dood is bananas..31 and 12 again tonight..man the future of the league is lookin real bright right now..except my doodoo Knicks again..Lottery pick here we come!!At least my man Pat ewing's gonna get into the Hall this year..

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Chris paul,dood is bananas..31 and 12 again tonight..

Plus, 5 steals in the first quarter. 9 in the game.

Yes, the Hornets are for real. I'm having trouble seeing them make serious noise in the playoffs, though. They're a single injury away from slipping through the cracks out west.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The Mavs looked pretty good last night, too, despite the loss.

Kidd is like WD-40 to that squad. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

• Whatta game. It really did feel like a playoff game.

YES....

I gotta give it to Shaq though. He really sounds like a veteran/grown man in that post-game press conference. Also, chemistry and style issues aside, he has a high basketball IQ. More than anything though, I think the energy level of the team has increased tremendously.

that was the worst post game interview i have ever seen, until it got so painful i had to turn it off. i defy anyone to sit through the entire thing. its impossible.

he also sucks. i dont care how big and fat his hands are, after 15 seasons in the nba, he should be able to shoot 50% from the ft line. its not like he is wilt chamberlain in other areas. getting 13 and 10 is samuel dalembert territory.

i love how after kobe swatted his weak ass jump hook but got called for goaltending, shaq put on a show like he had actually just done something. the replay showed his shot was about 3 feet off the mark. pathetic. then kobe comes down and drains one. game over.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    At least my man Pat ewing's gonna get into the Hall this year..

If this is his first time on the ballot, i dont see him gettin in the first time around.

He should NOT go in at the same time as Hakeem The Dream Olajuwan.

• The Mavs looked pretty good last night, too, despite the loss.

Kidd is like WD-40 to that squad. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Good eye, Drewn. I thought I saw a lot of promise, too. The Hornets are a well-oiled machine right now. The Mavs just need to get their "new shit" together and figure out the rotations. Next few games are a bit easier than last night. Dirk was fired up and, fuck the haters, he played w/ swag last night. Kidd done changed the whole chemistry of the squad. You did see some exposure for the lack of Diop late, though. We need another 5. BRILLIANT move by S.A. to cockblock us for Kurt Thomas.

Hornets just picked up Bonzi and Mike James, I see.

• At least my man Pat ewing's gonna get into the Hall this year..

If this is his first time on the ballot, i dont see him gettin in the first time around.

They should totally go in at the same time, they had mirror image careers. Except that Olajuwon won an NBA title and Ewing won an NCAA title.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

They should totally go in at the same time, they had mirror image careers. Except that Olajuwon won an NBA title and Ewing won an NCAA title.

Agreed. They were two of the dominant big men of their age.

What really pisses me off was that Chris Mullin wasn't inducted last year. He better make it this time.

• looks like the trade deadline is passing pretty uneventfully except for the league-rocking trade of Portland's Taurean Green for Denver's Von Wafer. Most fascinating thing about that trade: Wafer's full name is Vakeaton Quamar Wafer.

• What really pisses me off was that Chris Mullin was inducted last year. He better make it this time.

chris mullin was a dream-teamer and would be regarded by college basketball enthusiasts as one of the best ever. ewing is def in there, but mullin is a first time no-brainer.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Agreed. They were two of the dominant big men of their age.

Dudes

Hakeem is one the top 5 centers ever. Ewing isnt on his level. Hakeem was MVP.

Wilt/Kareem/Hakeem/Malone/Russell

Ewing IS NOT IN THAT GROUP.